European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Heroin Anyone on methadone in Italy urgent please

Tryptamite

Bluelighter
I've sent some emails to clinics using google translate but I really need some help regarding getting on methadone once you arrive in Italy.

France was easy.

Fail to plan plan to fail

Thank you

Once you have an address and temporary residence just show up at your local SERD. Methadone and bupre are free of charge.

Are you residing in Italy mate?

How long is the waiting list?

In France I brought my empty bottle with label on it (got stuck cos of Iceland volcano 2012 I think) I got my dose and valium too straight away.

And temporary residence? Would a hostel be adequate? I've sent a few emails with Google translate hopefully they are legible!!

What about special welfare till I get set up there?

This is all a back up plan my first plan involves an attempt to get Clean. If not I want to have a plan b I'm not walking out of treatment centre with little money, no gear and no script.

Some. But I'd likely have to do something before I jump on the flight to have some money for gear n living money over there.

France might be there better option for me easier n better harm reduction and methadone prescribing

Some. But I'd likely have to do something before I jump on the flight to have some money for gear n living money over there.

France might be there better option for me easier n better harm reduction and methadone prescribing
If you're looking for a country with great ORT then why not Germany? They have levomethadone and morphine which I'd take over methadone or subs any day! Then again it's full of Germans ;)
@Hexenstahl maybe you could chime in. Are you still doing well on the levomethadone?

They have levomethadone and morphine which I'd take over methadone or subs any day!
...and Heroin IV solution in case you don't do well on any of those substitutes.

@Hexenstahl maybe you could chime in. Are you still doing well on the levomethadone?
Yup. Still my favorite opioid. Close to no side effects (except that nose itch but I always loved that), it doesn't feel like you've taken a sleeping pill, it tends to be more euphoric than sedating, the pure solution is wondeful to mainline (if you're lucky enough to get it that is) and most importantly: it's got looong legs. Even if you miss a dose, you won't feel wd until 48h have passed due to the absurdly long half life of levomethadone (depends on your metabolism though. I know some people who started to feel a bit unwell after 33h or so). I tried that out once. Didn't take my dose a couple months ago and started to feel mild cravings after 36h and at the 46 - 48h mark I started to get the typical wd symptoms like freezing, nose running, back pain, etc. after which I stopped my little "experiment" lol.
So yeah, all in all it's the better, cleaner version of methadone in my opinion ☺️

When I ran out while I was on a extended stay in Australia (Adelaide) i went to the local clinic and explained my situation. They contacted my clinic in the US and then they approved me. I was staying with someone so I had an address but I'm not 100% sure how much that mattered.

The problem is, I was on 380mg/day and the clinic said the maximum dose allowable was 180mg. So I dropped my dose by 200mg overnight. As a result, I was sick for the remainder of my time there. But hell, it's a whole different world than going from 380mg to 0mg. Going cold turkey from 380mg of methadone seems potentially fatal

They (the public clinic) did tell me I could potentially find a private pay physician who might be willing to prescribe me more than 180mg, so I drove almost two hours to see this doctor in the middle of nowhere (it was really remote, started getting drier and drier and I thought it was going to turn into Mad Max style desert), only for the guy to reject me (after studying my American methadone pill with a magnifying glass -- all methadone is liquid there apparently?).

Last edited:
What was his explanation for rejecting you?

Didn't really give me one, sort of just did that unintelligible mumbling older Australian men do, basically indicating something "sorry, can't help you with this". Charged me for the consult too. I was pissed.

But the public clinic took me. Charged me a fairly nominal fee, but had to go nearly daily and only given that measly 180mg. They had never heard of anyone being dosed as high as myself. I mean I was glad to have it, but that is a hell of a dose reduction. I guess that's one of the problems with socialized medicine, arbitrary rules that cannot be broken, in any circumstance.

I've sent some emails to clinics using google translate but I really need some help regarding getting on methadone once you arrive in Italy.

France was easy.

Fail to plan plan to fail

Thank you

I'm a a bit ketted & stoned and I thought you were talking about some kind of new glory age that I didn't know about because I thought you said, when posted this with the title:
but I really need some help regarding getting on methylone once you arrive in Italy

I thought methylone was fully, legally and openly taking off again in Italy, and he had to meet someone when he got off the play before making a beeline for a lethal party.

Turns out it was actually possibly a matter of life and death, or at least something about not being violently sick/ill and retaining your sanity/not relapsing or experiencing withdrawals.

I'm glad you're doing good my man, much peace and love to you.

Shame the hole methylone revival in Europe thing wasn't real. Or the dream I had about benzos being sold in B&Q the other night.

Or the dream I had about benzos being sold in B&Q the other night.
This doesn't seem all that far fetched considering at one point you could buy "bath salts" AKA MDPV at gas stations up and down the USA.

This doesn't seem all that far fetched considering at one point you could buy "bath salts" AKA MDPV at gas stations up and down the USA.

We're not in paradise yet my friend, but if things were upto me it would totally be a thing.

You can get phenibut energy drinks too. Fair play on that one. An actual functioning energy drink.

We're not in paradise yet my friend, but if things were upto me it would totally be a thing.
It was a thing in the 2010s in USA. But that era has been and gone.

Looking back now it's hard to believe the whole legal high thing happened in such a big way all round the world, and it took YEARS for governments and legislation to catch up.