• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Ketamine Anyone Know About the Availability of Ketamine-Coma in the UK (NHS or Private)??

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
I have both severe depression (Severe Major Depressive Disorder, with Psychosis) that is somewhat treatment resistant and severe chronic pain (Pancreatitis, two Herniated Disks, Diabetic Neuropathy).
I know Ketamine and Esketamine infusions are becoming a newish thing for treatment-resistant depression and I have also read cases where patients with severe chronic pain conditions (primarily myalgia and/or neuropathy) have been cured of pain after being put into short (>24 hours) Ketamine-induced coma's as it can sort-of "reset" the brain. This has worked in about 50% of cases and even in cases where it has not worked, some patients have been pain-free for as long as 60 days before the pain returned.

I'd be extremely interested in this treatment but have no idea about it's availability in the UK??

Even if I am from Hungary, and ketamine induced koma is not avaliable in the Union. I know that You Guys had the Brecit and not in the union anymore… You may have IV ketamine sessions avaliable outside the NHS I mean private practice and payment, but I would be really amazed if it would. My sister lives there as a citizen of the UK and I know how strict is the use of benzodiazepines there. I think it is only avaliable in countries outside I dont want to say “level”.

I absolutely get You and I can’t imagine the pain You have to endure…