• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Anyone found Modafinil useless? 2 months clean from meth

Eryximachus

Bluelighter
Let me first preface that I completely agree that, for those who have quit amphetamines like I have for the past 6 weeks, drugs with even modest dopaminergic are probably not a good idea. But alas, I obtained some Indian Modalert for work performance reasons. I really only got on the pressed-pill meth bandwagon due to exponentially more complex work as Covid dragged on (I work in a math heavy finance/economics field).

To my surprise, I've actually gotten much better psychologically, and was really only looking for enhanced goal-oriented behavior and tolerance of boredom. I wasn't even specifically looking for the enhanced math comprehension that amphetamine notoriously imparts.

After a number of experiments over the past two weeks using various supplements (CDP Choline, magnesium, and so on) I just had to give up. Yes, the drug makes you feel more awake. I could see it being useful if, for example, I have to fly to the west coast for a business meeting. But on a daily basis? The worst headaches imaginable, anger issues on par with using trenbolone (haven't touched it since 2013), and a stimulant effect more approaching anxiety than anything else I've used in the past year, i.e. meth, cocaine, caffeine or tobacco.

Anyone else experience this reaction? I tried 100mg and 200mg doses, but wasn't really interested in experimenting lower than that.

This is a drug that seems to me to have a pretty serious side effect profile while conferring few benefits. I don't see what use it really has at all. I do remember the US military considered using it instead of dextroamphetamine, but stopped. I can see why. You get essentially all the worst possible side effects of amphetamine - increased blood pressure, psychological effects not conducive to ideal decision making (arguably worse at normal doses) - and none of the benefits.

You go on every nootropic forum and it is still touted, along with Noopept and such, as the greatest thing since sliced bread.

What gives?

I was very underwhelmed with it in general as well, but I used adrafinil which is a modafinil prodrug.

The only real use I found for it was how it helped maintain motivation and alertness while also taking GABAergics like benzos or phenibut, but even then it's rather questionable.

I've never dived into nootropics too much, but always had the impression that people often overstate their benefits. Seems normal when dealing with stuff that has such subtle and subjective effects which are difficult to quantify in the first place. There will always be some element of placebo effect.

I was very underwhelmed with it in general as well, but I used adrafinil which is a modafinil prodrug.

The only real use I found for it was how it helped maintain motivation and alertness while also taking GABAergics like benzos or phenibut, but even then it's rather questionable.

I've never dived into nootropics too much, but always had the impression that people often overstate their benefits. Seems normal when dealing with stuff that has such subtle and subjective effects which are difficult to quantify in the first place. There will always be some element of placebo effect.
Years ago, I tried adrafinil. I wasn't terribly worried about the liver issues as I wasn't drinking at the time. This drug feels completely different. It would appear the FDA has cracked down on gray market Adrafinil. Couldn't find it anywhere. Back then it was good.

But either I've changed (possible) or this Indian stuff is not legit, or the Adrafinil I bought was something else entirely...

I'm really surprised by the anger, and not employing hyperbole when I compare it to trenbolone (the only steroid that truly causes irrational roid rage/behavior).

Last edited:
I tried modalert(only online or from a guy that know a guy that ordered it from India) type couple times, and was always have like wtf??just headache-s Then I got a precription to compat fatigue(almost narcolepsy) cause when Concerta wasn't available or didn't have money at that time(it's pricey not covered by insurance) for modafinil that can be prescribed in Cro-Vigifinil and it's like first day 300mg dose high elevated mood, euphoria almost, then if taken daily 50mg is enough, still I make breaks like 2, 3 days or circle it with Concerta.
It actually helped lower tollerance for MPH so when I buy 36mg is enough for like focus, energy.....so I remember that I was always like frustrated with modalert but maybe I got some lousy batch!?
What about armodafinil, have you try it?? I tried Waklert and Artvigil and I had good effects...

Modafinil was very good for treating my lack of headache. . . other than that, the effects were not memorable. I also experimented with adrafinil back around 2010 but I don't think I got much out of it.

I was prescribed Modafonil back in 2018 for narcolepsy and I found it helped with the symptoms initially until it stopped working, then I went to Armodafonil (long lasting Modafonil) which also worked for around 6 months until it stopped. Now I'm on dexamphetamine.

I was on 800mg a day Modafonil and by the time I was taking it the second time while waiting for my authority for dexamphetamine I noticed that every time I would take the full dose I would feel exceptionally dizzy. I didn't initially put this down to the medication until it kept happening on the full dose as opposed to half the dose. Aside from that, it really wasn't doing anything in the end other than causing me a bunch of side effects and doing nothing to keep me awake and alert.

I know a bunch of people who have tried to use me as their source for Modafonil because I still have about 10 boxes of it sitting around at home and they seem to derive some benefit from it. One time at uni a guy I was studying with took half a 100mg tablet and was in 'go mode' for hours. I took 200mg, drank a coffee, then had a nap before waking up to try and do some study. Worlds apart.