• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Anyone ever try morphine oral solution?

How the hell have you had morphine for so long without taking it? Tremendous strength of will bro. :love:

I would love to try oral morphine but you are not worried about bioavailability (BA)?. I took a painkiller called tapentadol and also the BA is similar to oral morphine and it traumatizes me a lot. :ROFLMAO:
I feel bad for not waiting til the end of this month, but desperate times call for desperate measures. The only way I was able to have restraint from taking the morphine sooner is because I also have a perc and oxycontin hookup to help me get by. The morphine was intended for an end-of-the-year treat (or as an emergency stash in case I couldn't get my usual), but shit happens. Last weekend was so shitty that I couldn't help myself, which although it felt amazing, I still can't help but be disappointed in myself that I didn't stick to my plan. I usually have more willpower, but I guess this shitty year got the better of me. :(

Last edited:
Also, I should mention that I would've preferred to plug it, but given that it was intended to be taken orally, I didn't wanna chance wasting it. I don't regret taking it the way it was intended. I got phenomenal results. For it not being extended-release, I'd still say it definitely lasted longer than taking 200mg of oxycontin orally. Not sure if it was spectacular for the sole purpose that its been about a year since I had any ms-contin, but i was very much pleasantly surprised that it lasted as long as it did. I just wish I would've waited til new years eve. That would've been the perfect way to end this fucked up year.

Last edited:
Also, I should mention that I would've preferred to plug it, but given that it was intended to be taken orally, I didn't wanna chance wasting it. I don't regret taking it the way it was intended. I got phenomenal results. For it not being extended-release, I'd still say it still definitely lasted longer than taking 200mg of oxycontin orally. Not sure if it was spectacular for the sole purpose that its been about a year since I had any ms-contin, but i was very much pleasantly surprised that it lasted as long as it did. I just wish I would've waited til new years eve. That would've been the perfect way to end this fucked up year.

Yeah bro. But the rectal BA of morphine is slightly higher than oral. In any case, I don't like the pluggin 'so I would have taken it orally as well.

Anyway. Don't feel too bad. That morphine would not have lasted a day for me hahaha. :LOL: What will power!

Yeah bro. But the rectal BA of morphine is slightly higher than oral. In any case, I don't like the pluggin 'so I would have taken it orally as well.

Anyway. Don't feel too bad. That morphine would not have lasted a day for me hahaha. :LOL: What will power!
I appreciate the compliment. I've been an addict since the late 2000's, so it took some trial and error and a lot of self-discipline to learn the importance of rationing and patience in terms of being a functional addict. Its not easy, but when you think about it from a perspective of how much easier you'll make it for yourself in the long run, its totally worth it. I'll take rationing and rewarding myself with a monthly high over getting as high as possible any chance I get then ultimately wind up running out and having withdrawals. In my opinion, the most fatal mistake that fellow junkies make (aside from getting addicted to begin with, of course) is not keeping in mind that rationing is the key to maintaining an addiction while avoiding withdrawal. Getting high as often as possible is no longer a priority for me. My main priority at this point is to avoid withdrawal and in order to do that, willpower is a necessity.

Last edited:
I appreciate the compliment. I've been an addict since the late 2000's, so it took some trial and error and a lot of self-discipline to learn the importance of rationing and patience in terms of being a functional addict. Its not easy, but when you think about it from a perspective of how much easier you'll make it for yourself in the long run, its totally worth it. I'll take rationing and rewarding myself with a monthly high over getting as high as possible any chance I get then ultimately wind up running and having withdrawals. In my opinion, the most fatal mistake that fellow junkies make (aside from getting addicted to begin with, of course) is not keeping in mind that rationing is the key to maintaining an addiction while avoiding withdrawal. Getting high as often as possible is no longer a priority for me. My main priority at this point is to avoid withdrawal and in order to do that, willpower is a necessity.

Yeah bro. That is a mistake that many of us make and end up suffering from WDs until we can get more. I must change that mentality of being high all day. :unsure:

its like an ocean blue liquid. The taste is fucking terrible. Can i mix it with soda or will it render it useless?
I can definitely say this: The spectrum of how high you can get from rectal morphine is extreme and depends on how well you time your eating/poos, and you must clean it out before introducing the dope. I recommend an oral syringe, just keep squirting h2o up there and pushing it out 5 times. Now u ready to rock!

I appreciate the compliment. I've been an addict since the late 2000's, so it took some trial and error and a lot of self-discipline to learn the importance of rationing and patience in terms of being a functional addict. Its not easy, but when you think about it from a perspective of how much easier you'll make it for yourself in the long run, its totally worth it. I'll take rationing and rewarding myself with a monthly high over getting as high as possible any chance I get then ultimately wind up running out and having withdrawals. In my opinion, the most fatal mistake that fellow junkies make (aside from getting addicted to begin with, of course) is not keeping in mind that rationing is the key to maintaining an addiction while avoiding withdrawal. Getting high as often as possible is no longer a priority for me. My main priority at this point is to avoid withdrawal and in order to do that, willpower is a necessity.
Yeah but do you ever feel like if you're using and not getting high what's the point of using? I mean you'd be better off quitting. I could never ration opiates well.

Yeah bro. That is a mistake that many of us make and end up suffering from WDs until we can get more. I must change that mentality of being high all day. :unsure:
It'll help, trust me ; and once you get into a pattern of "ration & reward" as i call it, you might even find that rewarding yourself with a weekly or better yet monthly "party dose" will give you something to look forward to and overall result in a better high (since rationing will inevitably lower your tolerance to larger doses). The first couple of nights of dosage reduction might be rough and sleepless, but you probably won't have full-blown withdrawals. For me it was just mildly uncomfortable for the first 2 or 3 nights, but I adjusted quickly and rationing has been immensely helpful for me in more ways than 1. It saved me a shitload of money too, which is always a nice bonus. As long as you can prioritize your your drug use in conjunction with your basic needs, you got the right idea. To me, being a functional addict is a cake walk compared to being a dysfunctional one. I think what people go through to chase a rush on daily basis is far more difficult to maintain than it is to have enough self-control to prioritize your finances in order to restrict yourself from running out of drugs. That's just my opinion. My life is messy enough without the stress of trying to get pinned out everyday. Plus, I try to buy in bulk once a month so I don't have to hassle/annoy my dealers more than necessary. I feel that when others are bothering them to buy a few pills here and a few pills there, they'll consider me an ideal or valued customer since I buy a couple of hundred bucks worth all at once...meaning I'll be one of the first people they notify when its re-up time ;) . I could go on forever about the many reasons why its beneficial for addicts to buy in bulk, ration, and reward oneself infrequently vs buying scraps frequently and rewarding oneself daily.

Last edited:
Yeah but do you ever feel like if you're using and not getting high what's the point of using? I mean you'd be better off quitting. I could never ration opiates well.
In my case, the point is simply to avoid the inevitable withdrawal. I'm just not ready to tackle that yet, even though I plan to quit by the time I reach my mid-30's ('cause i wanna live a wholesome life and have a baby before its too late, which I refuse to do til I've been sober for at least a year). I still get high, just not every weekend like I use to. Now I only take a hefty "go-for-broke" dose once a month, typically when I'm on the rag--which is when I need it most. Until that time rolls around, I'm perfectly okay with taking a dose just low enough to get some much-needed shut-eye at night.

Last edited:
I can definitely say this: The spectrum of how high you can get from rectal morphine is extreme and depends on how well you time your eating/poos, and you must clean it out before introducing the dope. I recommend an oral syringe, just keep squirting h2o up there and pushing it out 5 times. Now u ready to rock!
That's exactly what I do when I plug, I just didn't wanna chance wasting it with this particular type of morphine since it specifically stated the word "oral" on the bottle. Plus, if the bioavailability was already extremely high when I took the oral ROA, there's no turning back after you plug--meaning as strong as it was after ingesting it, if i plugged it I might've OD'd. Can't puke it up if you feel your life slipping away. Maybe keeping laxatives handy would help but i wouldn't hold my breath (i mean, the stuff will constipate you anyhow, so it wouldn't hurt to keep it on hand regardless. Haha).

In my case, the point is simply to avoid the inevitable withdrawal. I'm just not ready to tackle that yet, even though I plan to quit by the time I reach my mid-30's (cause i wanna live a wholesome life and have a baby before its too late, which I refuse to do til I've been sober for at least a year). I still get high, just not every weekend like I use to. Now I only take a hefty "go-for-broke" dose once a month, typically when I'm on the rag--which is when I need it most. Until that time rolls around, I'm perfectly alright with taking a dose just low enough to get some much-needed shut-eye each night.
I tried that but could never resist the temptation to take more.

It'll help, trust me ; and once you get into a pattern of "ration & reward" as i call it, you might even find that rewarding yourself with a weekly or better yet monthly "party dose" will give you something to look forward to and overall result in a better high (since rationing will inevitably lower your tolerance to larger doses). The first couple of nights of dosage reduction might be rough and sleepless, but you probably won't have full-blown withdrawals. For me it was just mildly uncomfortable for the first 2 or 3 nights, but I adjusted quickly and rationing has been immensely helpful for me in more ways than 1. It saved me a shitload of money too, which is always a nice bonus. As long as you can prioritize your your drug use in conjunction with your basic needs, you got the right idea. To me, being a functional addict is a cake walk compared to being a dysfunctional one. I think what people go through to chase a rush on daily basis is far more difficult to maintain than it is to have enough self-control to prioritize your finances in order to restrict yourself from running out of drugs. That's just my opinion. My life is messy enough without the stress of trying to get pinned out everyday. Plus, I try to buy in bulk once a month so I don't have to hassle/annoy my dealers more than necessary. I feel that when others are bothering them to buy a few pills here and a few pills there, they'll consider me an ideal or valued customer since I buy a couple of hundred bucks worth all at once...meaning I'll be one of the first people they notify when its re-up time ;) . I could go on forever about the many reasons why its beneficial for addicts to buy in bulk, ration, and reward oneself infrequently vs buying scraps frequently and rewarding oneself daily.

Yeah I guess it's something like when you're run out three or more days off your opioid. And when you take it again you feel a bit of that beautiful euphoria that you felt at the beginning. Wish I had your mindset, man.

Yeah I guess it's something like when you're run out three or more days off your opioid. And when you take it again you feel a bit of that beautiful euphoria that you felt at the beginning. Wish I had your mindset, man.
Don't give up hope. It never hurts to try. You'd be surprised what a little self-discipline can do, but its only effective when you're ready to take on a restrictive routine with enough self-control to maintain it. It helps to budget other expenses too, that way you'll know the maximum amount of money you'll need to spend on painkillers without starving yourself or being late on rent. Once you find that perfect financial balance, it becomes routine and its smooth sailing from there. I'm still an addict and I'm by no means a drug guidance counselor, so I have no business twisting anyone's arm. Yet i can say with confidence that having a sense of restraint has prevented further issues. My life would be an even bigger wreck if I didn't keep my addiction in check.

I've had plenty of Oramorph, which is morphine in an oral solution designed to be drunk. It contains some ethanol and it's a clear liquid. It tastes fine to me. Nothing horrible like codeine syrup.
I only drink it and not plug it because of the ethanol. It's also NOT to be IVed as it contains lots of other stuff that is not suitable for injection.
I have had it with Pepsi Max a few times. Makes no difference. Works just fine.

I've had plenty of Oramorph, which is morphine in an oral solution designed to be drunk. It contains some ethanol and it's a clear liquid. It tastes fine to me. Nothing horrible like codeine syrup.
I only drink it and not plug it because of the ethanol. It's also NOT to be IVed as it contains lots of other stuff that is not suitable for injection.
I have had it with Pepsi Max a few times. Makes no difference. Works just fine.

Yeah I've always found codeine syrup really bad, even with the famous Sprite I can't stand it. Liquid tramadol is bad too, but it comes much more concentrated and there are brands with a more tolerable taste.

Just a side-note: oral solution are not made for iv use and might be dangerous to inject. So stay safe... Also morphine causes an imo very uncomfortable itch and blushing if injected iv. There is basically no rush either. I find bioavailability is not worth it.

There is most certainly no need to drink grapefruit juice. The effects of grapefruit are really only marginal and mostly placebo.

EDIT:

Morphine, any way, shape or form..... yuk Waste of time

Y? Morphine is an opioid full-agonist just like many other opioids and works just like other opioids. Granted, side effects such as itching, blushing and headache are very likely but controllable with antihistamines such as promethazine or diphenhydramine.

Yeah I've always found codeine syrup really bad, even with the famous Sprite I can't stand it. Liquid tramadol is bad too, but it comes much more concentrated and there are brands with a more tolerable taste.
Tussionex (hydrocodone cough syrup) was actually pretty tasty. It kinda reminds me of corn syrup. Looks thick and syrupy like it too.