• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Anyone ever try morphine oral solution?

FunctionalJnkieGrl

Bluelighter
its like an ocean blue liquid. The taste is fucking terrible. Can i mix it with soda or will it render it useless?

Tramadol oral solution (it also tastes terrible) you can drink it with juice or soda and there are no problems.

I don't know if it will be different with morphine. I wonder how you could IV that. Stupidly, the tramadol drops I have injected myself with. I did it mostly for bioavailability. Luckily, I've never had abscesses or shit like that.

What ingredients does it bring in besides morphine?

Last edited:
I have had been prescribed OraMorph 10 mg/5 (?) ml vials (can't explain, too high atm xD) and they taste bitter but would work for breakthrough pain very well. BTW they were a clear liquid.

I have had the chance to get some bottles of OraMorph 2 mg/ml solution and it would taste like penicillin IME, these bottles came with a needless syringe intended for oral use but I can imagine you could easily plug it as well, don't know about that RoA since I never tried it but it could be something to search for it on these forums... I am glad I now only use Opiates two weekends every month max and this weekend is one without Opiates, see my post history to see what kind of painkilling combo's I have used until May 2018 when I got clean using Methadone which I am still using (only 5 mg but it works somehow for me :cool:).

Don't let the white rabbit talk backwards so you don't fall for Opiates as I have. :) (guess the song playing reading this post, hint: Johnny D :p)

-- Peace o/

I have had been prescribed OraMorph 10 mg/5 (?) ml vials (can't explain, too high atm xD) and they taste bitter but would work for breakthrough pain very well. BTW they were a clear liquid.

I have had the chance to get some bottles of OraMorph 2 mg/ml solution and it would taste like penicillin IME, these bottles came with a needless syringe intended for oral use but I can imagine you could easily plug it as well, don't know about that RoA since I never tried it but it could be something to search for it on these forums... I am glad I now only use Opiates two weekends every month max and this weekend is one without Opiates, see my post history to see what kind of painkilling combo's I have used until May 2018 when I got clean using Methadone which I am still using (only 5 mg but it works somehow for me :cool:).

Don't let the white rabbit talk backwards so you don't fall for Opiates as I have. :) (guess the song playing reading this post, hint: Johnny D :p)

-- Peace o/

The BA of rectal morphine is 53%. Definitely more than oral, but you still waste half the dose. But, well if IV isn't your "thing", pluggin doesn't sound bad. Even though I personally don't like it.

"Plasma concentrations of morphine were followed for 24 hours in eight patients after intravenous and rectal administration of 10 mg morphine chloride. The plasma levels of morphine were determined by a sensitive and specific radioimmunoassay based upon an extraction procedure which separates morphine from its major polar metabolites. The bioavailability of morphine after rectal administration was found to be 53.3 ± 17.8% (mean ± S.D.). Peak concentrations of 16.3 ± 8.7 ng ml‐1 were reached after 59 ± 16 min. The study indicates that first pass elimination of morphine may be partially avoided by rectal administration."

Isn't there a method to make oral morphine raise its BA? It was a food or drink, I don't remember but I read it some time ago in some site.

I don't think it was the grapefruit juice. It even seems to me that it was an OTC drug. But I'm kind of high now so maybe I'm talking or confusing data.

When patients are transferred from other morphine preparations to Morphine Oral Solution dosage titration may be appropriate.
Morphine Sulfate is readily absorbed from the gastro-intestinal tract following oral administration. However, when Morphine Oral Solution is used in place of parenteral morphine, a 50% to 100% increase in dosage is usually required in order to achieve the same level of analgesia.

-- Peace o/

its like an ocean blue liquid. The taste is fucking terrible. Can i mix it with soda or will it render it useless?
To answer the question. Yes you can mix it with soda or any drink you want to make it taste better, nothing will happen to it.
Obviously don't inject it.

About grapefruit and cimetidine.

Grapefruit juice inhibits CYP3A4 which metabolizes codeine into norcodeine (inactive). If you take it ~1h before consuming codeine it will partly inhibit that particular pathway, thus favorising other metabolic pathways, like via CYP2D6 which converts codeine into morphine.

Morphine is also metabolized by CYP3A4 into normorphine, so inhibiting that enzyme might also increase morphine concentrations and make it last longer.

Cimetidine inhibits various enzymes but I believe the main ones are both CYP2D6 and CYP3A4.
You don't want to inhibit CYP2D6 if you're taking codeine because it won't be converted to morphine. This is not an issue if you're taking morphine directly since it doesn't need to be metabolized in order to be active.

Edit: sometimes a picture is better than 1000 words
Fig-Metabolic-pathways-of-commonly-used-opioids.png

When it comes to opioids, most times CYP2D6 produces the good stuff, while CYP3A4 breaks it down.

Last edited:
Tramadol oral solution (it also tastes terrible) you can drink it with juice or soda and there are no problems.

I don't know if it will be different with morphine. I wonder how you could IV that. Stupidly, the tramadol drops I have injected myself with. I did it mostly for bioavailability. Luckily, I've never had abscesses or shit like that.

The bo

I went ahead and took it without diluting it with anything last weekend. The bottle said it only contained morphine sulfate and given the results, it was indeed legit. I’ve had it since February and was gonna save it for new year's eve, but something came up and i caved. Too bad i can't get anymore of that. It was pretty damn good, even though it tasted disgusting.

Best opiate high I ever had was from a cup of poppy tea followed by a few sips of oral morphine solution. It was a much better high than heroin, minus the rush of course.

Best opiate high I ever had was from a cup of poppy tea followed by a few sips of oral morphine solution. It was a much better high than heroin, minus the rush of course.
I've always wanted to try opium/poppy tea. I hear it lasts longer than any prescription opiate.

Opium, if you can get your hands on it is much better than poppy tea in my opinion. It gives you a cleaner high. They both last much longer than prescription opiates (a good dose will keep you high 24 hours) as you mentioned and are much more satisfying with less of a desire to compulsively redose. Although I have read the withdrawal can be worse due to all the alkaloids present, if one were looking to avoid addiction I would definitely recommend opium over pharmaceutical opiates because it is less compulsive. I think poppy seed tea may last the longest of all for some reason, but it's also the dirtiest high.

I went ahead and took it without diluting it with anything last weekend. The bottle said it only contained morphine sulfate and given the results, it was indeed legit. I’ve had it since February and was gonna save it for new year's eve, but something came up and i caved. Too bad i can't get anymore of that. It was pretty damn good, even though it tasted disgusting.

How the hell have you had morphine for so long without taking it? Tremendous strength of will bro. :love:

I would love to try oral morphine but you are not worried about bioavailability (BA)?. I took a painkiller called tapentadol and also the BA is similar to oral morphine and it traumatizes me a lot. :ROFLMAO:

Poppy Pod Tea in combination with OxyCodone is also lots of bliss, can't recommend it though for the opiate naive. :) :p

-- Peace o/

Opium, if you can get your hands on it is much better than poppy tea in my opinion. It gives you a cleaner high. They both last much longer than prescription opiates (a good dose will keep you high 24 hours) as you mentioned and are much more satisfying with less of a desire to compulsively redose. Although I have read the withdrawal can be worse due to all the alkaloids present, if one were looking to avoid addiction I would definitely recommend opium over pharmaceutical opiates because it is less compulsive. I think poppy seed tea may last the longest of all for some reason, but it's also the dirtiest high.
And that's exactly what I look for in an opiate. Long-lasting enough so that I don’t have to dose more than once a day.