• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Anyone else have any music they can't listen to without wanting to get high?

sweetzoe

Bluelighter
K, so I'm a long-time on again off again heroin addict for the last 18 years and I cannot listen to Alice in Chains without having get high dreams, does anybody else have this problem? I'm sober now and look forward to a sober+ish 34th bday next week. Cross your fingers for me Lol

I still cannot listen to Comfortably numb by Pink Floyd. In the 80s I started experimenting with acid for about 2 months. One night dropped two purple barrels in my eye, was fine, then it flipped on me. My friends spent the night and morning holding me, talking me down. Worst trip ever! I heard that song playing the whole night. My friends swear they only played it once during that event. I love that song, but I hear it and start to panic thinking I am tripping, nothing is real, and have to turn it off!

i cannot listen to this soul coughing album without missing my friend a lot.

there's probably a few songs I will always think about meth with, but I can still listen to it and have a good time.

SZ, glad to see you back here <3
Thx bro, great to hear from you too.... Been living and working in PR, fixing all the f*Ed up aerial coax lines taken down by Hurricane Maria, the saddest part about it is most of the time when we come into these towns to redo it they ain't even got power there yet and they're like why the f*** do we need cable??!!... anyways, I digress..... Going home to Jacksonville for the Seder next Friday, to distribute Charoset and bitter herbs to all the old folks at the table while my dad leads the service (Yay!) other than that doing well LOL

Last edited:
And I know this is off topic but the Super Bowl commercials that were aired in Puerto Rico absolutely sucked! You would think it would be the same, but NO!! LOL totally different, the majority of them were for Liberty Communications, which is cable company down there we have the contract for, I did see an occasional Budweiser commercial but I know I missed a lot of good ones...

At least those damn Pats lost tho...yeah I'll prob get hate mail now

And I know this is off topic but the Super Bowl commercials that were aired in Puerto Rico absolutely sucked! You would think it would be the same, but NO!! LOL totally different, the majority of them were for Liberty Communications, which is cable company down there we have the contract for, I did see an occasional Budweiser commercial but I know I missed a lot of good ones...

you were in PR?

Not from me you won't. I fucking hate the Pats. In fact, I just hate Boston period and that includes all their other sports teams. They don't call themselves "Massholes" for nothing. People who are from there think it's the center of the freaking universe but (aside from the historical stuff) it's just not all that interesting. It's no New York or even Atlanta or Philly. The fact that my ex wife is from there gives it another big strike against it.

Do you go back to PR after Passover? My friend that has hosted the past few Seders is taking a break. I would have it at my condo (I finally bought a place in Aug. 2016) but I don't know where all my Passover stuff is, having moved three times in as many years. I don't think it's even here; it's probably in my storage unit and it would probably take the better part of a day to locate it and with March Madness in full swing I'm just not feeling motivated to go look for it. Travel safe and enjoy your time with your family.

And yeah, mofongo is good stuff.

Last edited:
Occasionally returning to Central Florida because of family obligations, Lakeland, Polk County rocks (absolutely not really) LOL but it's where a lot of our equipment is the contractor that I'm working for

I have probably 18 sets of dishes here now, between our regular 6 sets (milk, meat, fine china milk, fine china meat, Passover milk, Passover meat).... Plus all of the alte kaker's dishes that they no longer need once they moved into the old folk home.,.. feel free to let me know if you need some Pesadicka dishware, dude, I've got tons of it

PROUD 2 B A “MASSHOLE”! I got nothin but LOVE 4 YA!
Keep it Real ~BOSTON STRONG

Last edited:
Occasionally returning to Central Florida because of family obligations, Lakeland, Polk County rocks (absolutely not really) LOL but it's where a lot of our equipment is the contractor that I'm working for
Did you see that 2003 movie Identity? Amanda Peet plays a white trash hooker and has this exchange with another character:
- Where you headed?
- Flawridah
- Where in Florida?
- Poke Cowwwnty

That about sums it up!

Thank you for the offer of the dishes - I might take you up on it if I can't put my hands on mine. Alte kaker lol. I'm glad you're back so I don't lose my Yiddishisms. =D

No never seen it but now I have to look it up on the On Demand! Felt pretty strong today, called someone looking for weed, but they were literally meeting up with the dope man right then... and I don't mean weed man if you know what I mean! I told her never mind because I don't even want her coming by the house knowing that she's holding that shit it would be too tempting and I'm trying my fucking damnedest to stay sober

No never seen it but now I have to look it up on the On Demand! Felt pretty strong today, called someone looking for weed, but they were literally meeting up with the dope man right then... and I don't mean weed man if you know what I mean! I told her never mind because I don't even want her coming by the house knowing that she's holding that shit it would be too tempting and I'm trying my fucking damnedest to stay sober

Hard thing to do in Puerto Rico. Proud of ya!!

Trying the same thing Zoe.
What r u doing to stay that way?