• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Anybody Ever Heard of Phenibut?

macdonnellm

Greenlighter
Hey folks,

So i heard about this new nootropic through the grape vine and it appears to be very promising. I have dealt with social anxiety for most of my life and the fact that most people have been able to cure it, even completely, with it is pretty crazy.

Just curious if anyone on here has any experience with it as I am looking into it to do some research.

Anyone else know a reliable source for further investigation?

Thanks for any help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Phenibut isn't new at all, it's been available as a supplement in the US since 2005 and as a prescription drug in Russia for longer. It's not a nootropic, it's a drug, quite a nice one, when dosed right it produces a strong euphoria and confidence. It's also physically addictive. I wrote a usage guide for phenibut, it's in the Trip Reports forum, here: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...prehensive-Long-Term-Synopsis-and-Usage-Guide. It contains more info than I have found in most other places.

I edited out the link as it contained links to buy phenibut and we don't allow sourcing at Bluelight.

In any case, this isn't a psychedelic so I'm moving it to Basic Drug Discussion. But check out the link I posted above, lots of info there.

PD -> BDD

In fact Phenibut is so old, that it is scheduled in many countries ... :p

Anyone else know a reliable source for further investigation?
Oh my... there are a few nice write-ups (as mentioned above) here at BL... would definitely suggest reading through a coupla-three of those.

Personally I have found it moderately therapeutic @ 400mg in AM. Around time the lunch rush starts my anxiety is low, focus is on, senses are sharp and the kratom (hate coffee) gives me that subtle "up" that keeps pain away until around 4PM... time to leave.
On days I forget to take phenibut the kratom gets me through fairly easily but don't really notice any major attitude changes.
Don't mind dosing daily if it keeps me off benzos that (in me) crates memory loss and disassociation.
Don't mind my daily kratom if it keeps me from getting sick every morning from other synthesized plant matter.
Not promoting any drug/supplement/distillate: Think we could all do with less.
I want and need it so I do it.

I found that doses above ~2000mg/day, I became extremely nauseated and unable to get warm. Stuff seems more trouble than it's worth IME.