• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Any way to make the Amneal AN415 Suboxone tablets more intranasal friendly?

eBagger

Bluelighter
I've been on and off subs for like 10 years. I used to IV but that was long ago, now I find a mixture of sublingual and intranasal to be most efficient. I hardly consider it even abuse anymore, it just allows me to stretch a pill that would only last me a few days into a much longer period.

Now when I had my Subutex script it was smooth sailing, a single pill could last me 2 weeks if need be, minor nose tingle and felt great. The on brand Suboxone (stop signs I believe) sucked but they were still very much snortable.

The past 2 times I've filled a script I've only had access to these damn Amneal AN415 tablets, and I think they've permanently fucked my nose. It went from mild burning and runny nose that didn't last very long, but stuffed my nose up, to now I feel no burning immediately, but whatever nostril I put it in is raw and painful for a few days and unable to do any more.

So I'm stuck doing oral with my last handful of pills, and no refill or doctor (or money) yet to get more. I might be able to get the money to get more if I can stretch these for longer than a week or two, but doing that orally is almost impossible, and one sniff now puts my nose out of commission.

I don't know why with these the difference in ROA dose is so large. I literally have to put 4mg under my tongue, that feels like its lasts maybe 12-16 hrs, compared to .5mg that lasts just as long or that I can do twice a day intranasally.

I've tried mixing with water and drawing up in a syringe and just dropping the water in my nose but it eventually gets irritated as well. Even filtering it several times. I've boofd it but after its fucked up my nose, Im not risking it fucking up my ass lol

Is there any way to extract the bupe or make it less harsh or mix it with a less acidic liquid that would counteract what is probably causing the burning which is the citric acid? Any tips besides the obvious quit snorting and get money and obtain more?

I had sublingual buprenorphine and these could be crushed and insufflated painlessly but anything which causes pain in the nose is bad news and as been said, you want to avoid that. In theory you might be able to extract the bupe by putting the pill into water, discard the solid parts and then evaporate the water, this worked with morphine XR pills but don't know for sure whether it does so for bupe. From that you've already used intranasal I guess you have pure subutex/buprenorphine and not subuxone with naloxone because 'abusing' these will cause strong side effects.

In the end I found the effects and strength to be similar from intranasal vs sublingual.

Go to dollar tree & pick up some of those "nasal saline solution" bottles. They're white and should just contain saline.

Use this before & after you snort. It will moisten the mucus membranes. It may not get rid of the burn or anything, but it can help lessen the damage you're doing to your nose.

This is a good tip for anyone snorting anything.