• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Any other heavy spice users have this problem.

ghjkljuudg

Greenlighter
About a year ago, I used to be a very heavy "spice" user. Towards the end of my addiction, I noticed that weird things started to happen to me. Seriously hear me out on this. I started to notice that people around me would always be coughing. This was in the beginning of my second semester of senior year in high school. I would be in class and everyone in the classroom would be coughing really bad. Even people in the next classrooms would be coughing really bad and I would look up at my teacher with his hand over his mouth looking down trying really hard to not cough. One day I went to an animal shelter to go look at the dogs. Whenever I walked into there, all the dogs in there started barking and crying. Everybody was just staring at me and could tell it was me cause the dogs were all fine and playing with people before I walked in. This happened to me 2 different times after this one. Soon I started to notice that all the dogs in my neighborhood would start barking if I ever walked outside, like just to my car. During my graduation lots of people were coughing and baby's would be crying and coughing. Same thing happened when I went to my cousins graduation. My mom had my little brother a couple months after I graduated. The baby would always be crying in pain whenever I would come around or if my mom and the baby were out and they would come home when I've been at the house, the baby would literally start crying hysterically when she would open the front door. And it was because of me. Same shit for the whole next year and even still if I just go sit on my back porch to smoke a cigarette, literally every dog in the neighborhood that is outside will start barking, howling, and crying in pain. None of this would ever happen to me until about 2 months after becoming a heavy and addicted spice user. I don't ever talk to girls or leave the house to make friends because I'm so embarrassed by it. I fell like I've been forced to live in exile and loneliness for ever. I though it would go away after a month or two but no. I'm really close to my breaking point. Please tell me I'm not alone in this private hell.

Never been a spice user, never trusted the stuff. Tried one pure chem a long time ago but didn't like the effect so...
Sounds like paranoia. I had that for a long time from a bad bout of depression and excessive DXM and Weed. I've been in a few dog shelters and they are always very noisy places when potential adopters are about. Once one dog starts barking in a neighborhood most dogs in the neighborhood will respond. You might not be able to accept it right now, but you have one hell of a confirmation bias going on right now.
You expect these things now, and so you don't even notice when you step outside and it's quiet, but you remember EVERY time the local dogs had a shitty over something. For what it's worth though, even knowing that does not keep me from feeling the eyes on me, if I'm in a bad place mood-wise.
Or you've become possessed by one of Satan's underlings....but I'm guessing paranoia and depression.

You should never be forced to be in exile, and a year is a long time for this kinda thing.... it might be time to call in the professionals you know?

Could you maybe provide some video evidence? If it's as drastic as you describe this shouldn't be too difficult. I would be very interested.

By spice do you mean some kind of synthetic cannabinoid? It's just that I always remember spice as referring to Salvia and DMT. I take it you mean the former?

I don't know much about it, or even what drug it is. But from what I've read on here, it seems to have quite the penchant for ruining peoples lives and causing a myriad of mental health problems.

I'm not going to try and discredit that some kind of weird synchronistic events may have occurred. From my experience this can be a real tangible thing resulting from the consumption of certain chemicals.

But regardles, people coughing, dogs barking and babies crying are... Well, just what people with a cough (a virus in circulation, dogs and babies do.

If you step outside and the dogs in your street are outside and listening, its completely natural that they might all start howling.

Either way, you're letting the old fear consume you. I suggest that you try your best to realise that this is just some weird occurance which ultimately doesn't matter, and seriously start researching and enacting a life/mind which invokes a more positive attitude.

Really, I'd say you have no other option. You're letting negative thoughts consume you, and in my experience, when you do that you attract negative events.

Embrace positivity and rejec fear. It's hard work, but I'd suggest some mindfulness meditation to get you started. Read some books on it, watch some YouTube videos, read some articles.

You have control over your mind and life. Don't live in exile. Don't let paranoia consume you. You don't want that, hence posting here.

Work on healing the damage caused, and I'm sure you can make some improvements.

I can guarantee you though... Living in exile is giving in, and it solves absolutely fuck all.

I wish you luck. :)

Yeah i was trying to work out if they meant synthetic cannabinoids or DMT. I still cant work it out.

I see a lot of self validation here. Have you ever discussed any of this to people in your personal life? Are you afraid to?

I'm not saying it's out of the question because the universe is a magical beast, but it seems like something uncommon to happen to someone. It sounds like you're on a hard paranoia trip and maybe you should try to see that it is your perception of these things that is going wrong, and the universe itself manifesting as your surroundings is going on just as well as before. (or something like that, tough to explain with these restricting languages).

Basically there is a huge chance that you're on a paranoid delusion trip and are letting it get the best of you. This could mean a serious mental health problem.

Maybe you should see someone about that... you know... about being delusional. The coughing in the classroom is a big red flag to me that something is not right here. I don't know you personally but I definitely would never trust that 'synthetic weed' filth...

Last edited:
just paranoia man. i deal with it a lot too. it is convincing because it feels so real but its not. it takes a long time to recover from the spice, a year isn't that long really, give yourself more time. people don't realize how long it takes to recover from certain drugs but it can definitely take over a year.

i still forget things to the point where i forget what im saying in the middle of a sentence and its fucking gone man. aint no remembering it either or bringing it back. so i do think it does cause long term problems bc i have been off of it for years. people get all sorts of weird issues. its a crazy addiction.

take it easy on all drugs for a while, don't use anything to help you recover. it just takes time.

best of luck :)

I'm gonna move this to CD since it's about cannabinoids.

PD -> CD

Hey OP, it sounds to me like you might be experiencing some really bad paranoia and even maybe bordering on hallucinations. Everything is not your fault or depending upon you. Things like a baby crying and dogs barking when you are around just because you are around isn't rational.. All these things seem normal to me, but it sounds like you are projecting your insecurities onto the outside world.

It is easy to think you see signs of people not liking you when you feel uncomfortable or anxious. Everything can seem like a sign that others don't like you or are discomforted by your presence.

Things like people coughing and babies crying is VERY normal, believe it or not. People will do that whether you are there or not, I can promise you that has nothing to do with your presence. Same with dogs in cages going crazy and barking/crying. That is how they behave, every animal shelter i have seen sounds just like that.

The stares you are getting might be real to a degree, as people tend to want to greet/interact with those around them, so if you come in acting nervous and anxious others will probably notice something and might not be intentionally looking at you.

Really it might be good to talk to someone that can offer some sort of assistance. It sounds to me like you are hypersensitive to certain stimuli, things like specific sounds might be standing out to you and coupled with your anxieties, it can be easy to "blame" the sounds on yourself.

One thing you can do to help assure you is to find somebody you trust 100%(based on however you base trust, just somebody you know LOVES you and YOU love THEM) and just open up completely....

Hopefully who you open up to understands enough about life in general to discern how to help ease your discomfort, your brain should naturally and eventually get you out of any negative situation you are in.... Have faith in the billion year old evolutionary process that has lead to your current state of being, tune in to these input signals and perhaps try to stop intellectualizing them. Just feel, communicate(with someone you trust), and process... By tuning into these input signals(the barking/etc) with an open, honest, and rational mind(trusted friend), you can understand what is happening and get through it. Tune into this thread, realize your mind can trick itself, step back, take the long view, try to be wise about the potential of paranoia.

i ended up in the ER via ambulance because of spice. they had to give me IV Versed in the ambulance i was so gone... I'd advise that you stick to the real thing; Marijuana

I forgot to mention that I used to also eat the spice (synthetic cannabinoid sprayed on leaves) before school and would also inhale some burning spice into my lungs occasionally on accident. Mabye it's a combination of the two that is causing it. Those chemicals are extremely strong. Towards the ends I had a really hard time exposing of it and keeping it sealed away from my family. Like I used to keep my ashtray in my room and one day my little brother went in there to play a video game and in the middle of it he started acting funny. He started making these weird sound with his mouth and said" I don't feel right. My brain feels like it's tingling". And I was frightened cause I New it was the spice but I was extremely surprised he could feel the effects with out it even being lit in the room. After that I kept wrapping my stuff up in tin foil hoping no one would feel it. It didn't really work so I ended up just taking all of the ashes and dumping them in the back yard. The next morning my dog was at my window barking ferociously and jumping up the wall so I opened the window and saw his eyes BLOODSHOT. He looked extremely frightened so I went outside and instantly expected it had to be the spice. I led him into the garage and has acting REALLY FUNNY. Like he was sitting really weird and walking really droopy and weird. I took him inside and tried to get him to calm down so my mom wouldn't notice. Everytime she tried to take him out I tried to convince her to let him stay inside. Everytime she did the same stuff would happen and I would have to try to hide him until he could sober up and act right. So I eventually decided to dump the all my new ashes into a 2 liter bottle and put it In the trash outside that way it's trapped inside the bottle. Nope. One day I went outside and caught my mom standing outside in front of the garage door entrance. She was just looking out at the backyard and I asked her what is she doing. She seemed kinda disoriented and I looked into her eyes and they were bloodshot. Holy fuck. My mom was also preganent during the time. The chemical build up around the house got so bad that some nights my mom started vomiting REALLY BAD in the bathroom and I would knock on the door to see if she was ok and her eyes said it all. I felt extremly bad for putting my unborn little brother at risk but I couldn't stop. I took all the ashes out again and put them in the 2 liter bottle but this time filed it halfway with bleach and laundry detergent hoping to it would break down the chemicals. It just made it even stronger and really harsh on your throat when your around. The detergent chemicals just intensified the synthetic chemicals. I finally just said fuck this shit and grabbed the bottle out of the trashcan and got in the car at night. I drove about 3 hours away from my house into the middle of no where and there it out on the side of a desolate road. While I was driving with I started noticing visual distortion and started to feel light headed so I rolled the Windows all the way down. 5 mins after that, the craziest shit happened. The cars around me started swerving. Some of the drivers would panic and speed really fast away. I guess they thought something bad was gonna happen to them like have a stroke. After all that and the really bad coughing/Barking/crying problem, I basically quit forever. I'll try and make a video when I can and post it online.

Turnedontunedin that's a good idea but I literally don't have anyone anymore. I only had like 3 friends but I lost after my serious alcohol and spice addiction. All I have is my mom and I talked to her about all of this. But she keeps saying I'm just acting crazy. Even though I give her evidence. I think she believes me now but won't admit it if she does. I used to have really bad depression as a teenager and tried to kill myself once and I think that really why she won't. Because she's a mom that's trying to make her son feel good and also thinks I might kill myself. Shell say stuff like that's just paranoia, you should go meet people, but I know she's lying.

I also went to see a doctor about this a few months ago. He gave me the most insane look ever. The kinda look I didn't even know was legal to give to your patient. He said spice can cause schizophrenia and said I should probably get on medication and see a psychiatrist. If everybody experienced what I'm experiencing then they would know it's not made up. That's like a kid that's laying in bed and one night his father goes in there and molestes him and this keeps happening every night and the kid tries to tell somebody what's happening but nobody believes him. They just say stuff like" there's no way that your father is doing that. He would never do something like that." And you keep giving them proof like" but I could hear that it was daddy" or" but I could see his face" and they just say something like" you must have just been dreaming" or" you probably just hit your head" because it's such an unusual and hard thing for the people to believe so they just make up excuses and assume the person is just lying or crazy. But if they lived it, then they would defanetly know.

Your family aren't getting high off the spice unless they're inhaling second hand smoke

OP please go see a doctor if you can and be open about your spice use. Ask your mom about seeing a doctor and tell the doctor everything you just told us.

To be completely honest, I don't think the things you are describing to be possible.. It sounds like extreme paranoia mixing with mild hallucinations. I don't think it would be possible for chemicals to be leeching out of the ashes and into the air, especially not through a 2 liter bottle.

Sounds like you are looking for reasons to convince yourself that these ideas are true..

How long has it been since you last used spice

Spice gives cannabis a bad name. Really, you might as well be smoking dried battery acid flakes.