• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Any OTC alternatives to adderall? Lowering tolerance over a month?

sadcollegestudent

Greenlighter
I've been taking 20 mg adderall XR everyday for a little over two years. But I won't be able to get my next prescription refill until the end of January on 2018.
So I'm going to be without it for over a month.
Are there any OTC alternatives to adderall that I can take for the time-being?
And how much will my tolerance be reduced over the course of this month?
I'm already kind of in a pretty down mood at the moment.
I usually take the 20 mg and maybe a little more on the side to keep the edge from going away since I'm a college student.
I've also brought up to my doctor multiple times how I want to increase my dose and he just refuses to do it even though it's been approximately two years.

That's rough to run out over the holidays. But at least you weren't on much to begin with and all your finals and whatnot should be over.

But there aren't really any secrets in The Vitamin Shoppe or GNC: best is moderate use of coffee and tea. Nicotine, of course, will really help, but usual warnings apply.

You could try theanine, which is an amino acid in tea. When I was an undergrad I used to suck ginseng extract through an eye dropper, which I made sure to do dramatically in front of a crowded coffee place. I don't know if either made much difference.

With 20mg your tolerance shouldn't be that great to begin with, and a month off should have you back to baseline, I'd think, good timing for midterms. Look at that as a fresh start for 2018.

No.

Caffeine may have similar effects on alertness esp under sleep deprivation as 20 mg in my experience at 400 mg.

Consuming this much caffeine can make some people panic shake or feel generally very unwell.

If you do try caffeine start off low 1 six OUNCE cup of coffee or 1-2 tea bags of green or black tea.

If you never use any caffeine 1 cup of green tea might be a way to get both your l theanine and caffeine.

That's true--you can buy hydrogenated meth OTC and huff it right there in the Walgreens parking lot. It can't be that great though, or they'd all be sold out, right?

I've got scripts to pick up tomorrow, I might have to look for this.

I've heard it's pretty similar to adderall, dirty whore feeling and all.

Propylhexedrine is less potent than amphetamine and comes with more side effects, pns stimulation lasts longer than cns stimulation, strong vasoconstriction, dirtier feeling etc.
And this thread is more or less against the rules as it's pretty much a 'What should I take' thread, but I understand your problem OP, so we'll leave it open for some more time

Phenylpiracetam @ 200-300mgs. It won’t work day after day like adderall and of course it’s not as euphoric. Just a solid 5-6 hours of clean stimulation.

Best way to restart tolerance/prevent its development is NMDA antagonists as far I’m concerned. Just tread lightly.