• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Any old skool / or not so old skool ravers desperate for a party? Vs Covid

geekgrl

Bluelighter
Sorry perhaps this is best in Music discussion?

I'm really struggling at lack of events. I don't go out much but it's been too long, my calendar is blank! I need a party, rave or something....

Even music just makes me wanna go out..... I used to party a lot and my last event was amazing (Rezerection one night only last April)

I missed a few illegal parties and even though I probably shouldn't have wanted to go (am in the UK and it's a mess here), I kinda did .... That makes me very irresponsible.

I think this is a half whinge / half serious post but how do you manage lack of social life if you're sat at home and not doing great? Very little to look forward to wbich makes staying off various drugs much harder for me.

Last edited:
I used to party a lot, then I lost basically everyone and now I have noone to party with. Going alone is a bit awkward and the fact that I am in my early 30s doesnt help.
The age gap is huge and I feel shit only thinking about going into a party, club or rave doesn't matter the average age is way too low for me. I should go to those big summer 5-days festival where there are people even in their 60s but hell, that will never happen. Add the stupid covid thing and here you have a perfect loser that doesn't exit from home for years.
I keep telling myself that things will be back to "normal" but it's a lie, when I turned 30 something changed, it's like I crossed a line, there is no coming back.

If you are young I think you can still do something, you just need to be patient to see an event popping up...and if you have friends of course.
If you don't have friends and/or you are old, you better accept your fate like I'm doing, just my opinion.
Am I old? Lol I'm 38 partying for 22 years.... R u in the uk and what music? I'll go most places on my own I don't really care, if I wanna go, I go. But I do know people still partying. Always know people at events but my scene is dead and very small now (uk hardcore). There's an event coming up next year at Bowlers that is 30+ only.

I'm in Europe, I listen only to Trance/PsyTrance/GoaTrance.
But 80% of parties I went, were Progressive shit or Tekno. It was that or nothing.

In those cases I just went there to get high or stay with """friends""" not gonna lie, the music was just garbage to me, didn't have that much fun.
Real fun always came from trance music, didn't matter the set or setting, didn't matter if sober or high. For me, music is what makes the party great.

So yeah, add also this 3rd option to completely demotivate me:
1) Old
2) No friends
3) Music I don't really like

:confused:
I once went to trance energy! Trance was ok in 90s but I love my hardcore (the happy stuff not the Dutch gabba).

There's a thriving little psytrance scene here.. . My neighbour is a dj and they have a better scene than hardcore does.

I agree progressive is shite! I'm lucky that hardcore and old skool is moslty revival so I usually feel young rather than old.

I have so many good real friends from the scene but I guess it's different for everyone. I loved and lived for my tunes... So going out, drugs or not, was my (hardcore) heaven

I do home parties with a couple of friends sometimes during COVID, we have lights, visuals, big speakers, cdjs, and top tier drugs :) rivals any night in a club imo, it makes for an insane B2B set where we’re all travelling through the deepest depths of our playlists, rediscovering tunes left and right. Gotta get your friends together man
Our music of choice was/is/and always will be electro, you’d understand once you went to such a party ;)

I do home parties with a couple of friends sometimes during COVID, we have lights, visuals, big speakers, cdjs, and top tier drugs :) rivals any night in a club imo, it makes for an insane B2B set where we’re all travelling through the deepest depths of our playlists, rediscovering tunes left and right. Gotta get your friends together man
Our music of choice was/is/and always will be electro, you’d understand once you went to such a party ;)
Lol can I come! Everyones too sensible and I'm not kit out for parties here. I need to get my ass over to Leeds for some friends with less sense. Not sure about Electro, but I'll try anything twice :p

Its the first time in my life I'm single and all my ex's were DJs, no decks in the house and my ex is a dick.

I’ve been dying too, and early 30’s ain’t old ;) IMO if you party right it keeps you young.

But yea definitely missing my shows and festivals.. Hoping something goes down in Aug or September but I’ve pretty much written off 2020 in my head just incase.

What do you guys typically get down to these days over there in the UK?

-GC

Last edited:
Damn. Maybe host your own rave in the UK

All the good parties like raves that happen where I live are semi-legal or illegal in abandoned school buildings and such. You have to be 18 to get in but there's no ID check, pretty standard 15 bucks cover. Still cheaper than going to some mega rave with LE everywhere. Not my scene

I don't know. The raves here start in like August or early September. I'm talking about the underground ones where they hand out glow sticks and pacifiers and everyone's loved up. I don't care what those big raves do, they're no good

I haven't been to a rave in a few years but I know they still go on out in the open. The last one I went to everybody there was really young like barely 18 and it never picked up, but I think it depends which night you go on and some have a curfew. The curfew at the last one was 5am, so not bad

You weren't allowed to drink but I didn't care about that. That was just so the host didn't get in trouble. How's the UK?

Yup when all else fails host your own... As a younger lad I’d host big parties in some pretty remote interesting areas and thankfully we were so deep in the woods in those days the cops never tried coming out n looking for us. (You gotta have some balls to walk those woods at night too.)

Gomur where you live?

So in my area there is really no illegal scene anymore, there is mainstream events and lower key local events. The local shit is kind of the new “underground” around here over the past decade. Little old theatres and dive bars that get turned into raves for a night here n there.

-GC

Meeee

Don’t make it to shows much these days. It’s ~1hr into the city and i just can’t say no to getting fried at such parties. Problem is I don’t have a place to crash there anymore ... so I haven’t been in a few years.

Festivals tho....
but the two I bought tickets for this year have been postponed

So we hang lights in the yard... grab the Bluetooth speaker and spark a fire... a heavy dose of psyches later and it’s like I’m there

Until the ads come on YouTube lol... if only I could afford premium

Gomur where you live?
California but the best rave I went to was in Nashville, Tennessee and another smaller one when I joined bluelight. The other ones were like you said, after-hour clubs that stay open till 6, 7 in the morning but don't typically serve alcohol. I can't call those raves though

I'd only go to a rave now if I knew it was going to be low key. The good ones play lots of psytrance hehe

I missed a few illegal parties and even though I probably shouldn't have wanted to go (am in the UK and it's a mess here), I kinda did .... That makes me very irresponsible.

Wanting to party isn't irresponsible at all, it's whether you actually did or not.

I will occasionally crank up the music and dance at home. I made the effort to set things up nice one weekend, with the blinky lights and all, had a Fri-Sun mini-fest in the evenings. But I'm not doing any public events at this time, which is a personal choice.

It's looking like a long dry spot. I don't expect EDC to take place in October, already rescheduled from May, for example. I wonder about the culture, how resilient it will be. Here we are being trained to wear masks and keep our distances -- contrast that with going to the first event that occurs and throwing big hugs to random people without concern or stray thoughts.

That's big for me -- the hugs. And I'm not sure how that is going to play out. I guess we'll all find out.