• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Anxiety effects IV meth high

Megzzzb

Greenlighter
How could generalized anxiety disorder and panic disorder effect an IV methamphetamine high/rush and their tolerance level. The same dosage has caused panic attacks at times and strong euphoria other times. The panic usually comes from the belief that they are going to have a heart attack or overdose (even from small doses). Now they are afraid to do it around many or new people because they are unsure of how they will react, so add social anxiety to the equation. They have a fear of even having a panic attack, which makes it worse. They also have difficulty differentiating between symptoms of anxiety and symptoms that are life threatening. Does anxiety/panic increase chance of overdose? How to control anxiety while using stimulants? What could be causing the panic attack since it doesn't happen every time? Benzos are not a good idea based on past experiences with mixing the two.

Anxiety and speed don't generally mix well at all IME. Can't answer your question on would it increase the chance of OD, but I think it def could increase the chance of psychosis. The fear of a panic attack is going to cause agoraphobia if it isn't already. How is something that is causing panic attacks fun whatsoever? Sounds like if you want to do drugs you need to find something that doesn't effect anxiety so much and uppers are def going to make your anxiety worse.

It will not increase your chances of overdosing. It may make you feel like it though, so it would seem the only solution is to stop taking it or relax a bit. Maybe take a little benzo before (im not sure what order you had a bad reaction to). It is relatively difficult to have a serious OD from methamphetamine alone. It sounds like you just do not tolerate it well, but you could take less, or skip the needle and smoke or insufflate it till your at a good point.

I'm a little confused why you are IVing a substance that induces so much anxiety that you think you are ODing or having a panic attack. Try a different drug or stop taking it if this continues.

I ask myself the same question. I don't understand why I do a lot of things. I guess it is because when I am relaxed or keep myself busy I have the most amazing rush I have ever felt. I seem to have more anxiety when I have been up for awhile. However, today is the day I plan to get sober without treatment. Any suggestions on how to relieve this mental obsession?

Oh, I did the same stuff when I was younger, lol. I had what I called "pre drug taking anxiety" As soon as I would ingest about any type of substance, within minutes I would regret taking it and start to have horrible anxiety which would usually lead to panic attacks that would only get worse until the effects of the drugs would kick in. Then once the buzz started there was usually zero anxiety issues, lol. This was the most prevalent with MDMA and LSD for me. I abused speed for a bit. Looking back I have no idea why, as it was not enjoyable for me whatsoever, although I was very productive for work so that's probably why I did abuse it as long as I did I suppose.

Are you a ploy drug abuser or is it solely meth? IMO, do NOT use large amounts of benzos to get off speed. The WD from benzos is far worse and more dangerous than the QD from Meth and you don't want to just switch from one horrible addiction to another. Good luck; I wish I could help more but I don't have much personal experience with meth WD.

Meth has a very strong anti-anxiety effect due to heavy serotonin release, it's once you start coming down and/or after doing more (as mentioned) that the anxiety kicks in.

I am fairly new to using ice. To answer your question, my DOC is opiates. My insane mind tells me that an ice rush helps with withdrawal. Common sense should tell me it doesn't considering I am still using. Sorry, that was a bit off topic.

Thank you. You helped me realize that I cause the anxiety. I become anxious before I even get high because I have read too many horrifying forums and my own past experiences. However, I do believe I do too much for me at times and the increased heart rate scares me. I also mistake the comedown anxiety for other things.

I can't do benzos with speed because I do not care about anything, which causes me to act in ways I would normally keep hidden

You're very smart not to mix benzos with stimulants. Many people are able to use them for the comedown, but for me I just go ahead and take more stimulant once my anxiety is quelled.

I've gone on a meth binge while in kratom withdrawal, normally i woulda been in total agony but instead i just wanked for a few days straight. Had to come off the meth eventually though, which sucked. Then i got another bigger bag of meth the following week. So, tread lightly. It can work but it's extremely risky territory.

I put a big importance on not being dependent on opiates but at the same time, i'm always using something. As far as I'm concerned I'd rather cycle through other drugs than be dependent on opiates.