• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Anxeity - how long???

I think you've got to ask yourself how much value you are really getting from the pill. Is is worth risking a long term mental health problem for?

I have the same dilema as you, and I have come to the conclusion that it really isn't. Plus there is the fact that we both know that we probably shouldn't really be taking it and, and that guilt is not going to do any good what so ever. It's asking for trouble all in all...

Yep - I'm prob not going to take them for a while (if ever at-all).

It felt good again last night for 3 hours and then the anxiety came when I was trying to get to sleep (focusing too much on my heart going fast/palpitations etc).

The anxiety was high, but at least I managed to control myself from having a panic attack.

Been almost a year since I last did any type of pills at all. Stopped because of extreme anxiety. Has got better over time, I can now smoke weed, which I was unable to do for a few months.

Still dont want to go onto anything harder, I fear it'll make things worse. Doubt i'll ever do pills again, ah, it's tearful thinking about it :p

Think I'm over my anxiety!!!

Just to give hope to other people I think I'm finally over my anxiety (after 7 months).

I haven't felt anxiety in the past month apart from one morning a couple of weeks ago after I'd got through 5 litres of cornish scrumpy (7.4 vol) and 4 or 5 bottles of beer the night before along with about 3 hours sleep.

I find I can even drink caffinated tea now without any problems.

It was hard and I managed to do it without medication (apart from herbal calming stuff (St Jons Wort & Kalms)) and relaxation.

Good luck to every body else who has anxiety - hope you get over it soon.

Hey hey that's good news. Good luck.
What was your drug history?

Cheers.

It was just E for just over 2 years (around 200 pills) along with the drink, but I think what finally triggered the anxiety was some strong weed (for the 1st and last time) coupled with me bottling up stress about my dads death a few months before. Guess I was not used to the weed along with it being very strong.

I've had 1 pill on two separate occasions since then when my anxiety was not that bad - it was ok when I was up until I came down and then my anxiety played up the next day - apart from that only drink since it started.

Might go back to the pills eventually, but not as often as before.

Cheers again.

Thats really good to hear, especially since you didnt need any medcation either. Very Positive!:)

I'm genuinely really pleased for you bro. I am making a good recovery at the moment too, and I can feel the excitment and relief you muxt be enjoying right now.

Can I ask how you beat it, or did it just 'pass'?

Hi there monkyfunky,

I'm glad to hear you are getting over your anxiety as well.

I think mainly it just passed, but I think the relaxation, not building up stress (like I was), virtually cutting out all drugs and the herbal calms helped me get by.

I feel that if I'd been on medication it may have been a lot easier in the short term, but taken a lot longer to get over.

I think the weed may have just been a trigger for built up stress and not the cause.

Hope you get over it soon.

Hey

Just curious to know what type of relaxation did you do????

I'm glad to hear that someone is finally at the end of it all. I am coming up to 6 months now. I'm alot better but still get the odd daily attack

Thanks eng

Hi there eng,

Yep - that was the same as me - I got a lot better with just the odd day being a problem and then it just finally went - hopefully your will be the same.

The 1st few weeks of the relaxation sessions she got me to relax in a chair and then work separately tensing certain parts of my body, one after another and then relaxing them in the order of my feet, top of legs, butt, stomach, arms, hands, shoulders and then my head by frowning and then just letting yourself know that you are in control of the tension in your body and feeling the relief when you relax those individual parts. At the end of each session I had to think of a place I found relaxing - I thought of a beach and relax your whole body.

After several weeks of that the next part was a lot harder to get on with - I had to try to do the same thing (relax the individual parts of my body without tensing them 1st) and then think of the relaxing place.

It took several weeks for me to totally relax properly - you can feel when you are totally relaxed as it feels unnatural.

Forgot to say that when I was not at the classes I had to go through the process just before I went to sleep - this helped me get a good nights sleep.

For more info just do a search on my profile (Hard Trance) as I have posted a few things about anxiety on here.

Good luck.

This reminded me of your older thread, so I've merged the two. Thanks for coming back and letting us know how your going. It's great to hear you've got things under control :)

Is it likely that all or most people that have anxiety will never be able to have pills (or any other drugs again)again ?
I was diagnosed with anxiety (the psych said it wasnt "severe") and I've never suffered a panic attack before, but it seems to affect me in the way that I become anxious in social situations and I dont get as much pleasure from the things I used to do. It makes me a bit sad when people say that I won't ever be able to enjoy a pill again - is there any other people out there that have recovered and are able to enjoy drugs again ?
It's just feels as though my brain is going to be scarred by anxiety and Ill never be the happy person I used to be

wahhhh

Dionysious, I don't think that there is a straight answer whether you will or will not be able to do pills again. It really depends on the person.

I was utterly convinced that my anxiety was due to brain damage from pills, and as a result decided there was no way that I could ever do them again. However, I have now realised that my anxiety (which I have always had, but in a lesser form), is due to the worry's that I have, and it was in fact obsession over the damage I thought I had done, and regretting so much that was contributing heavily to my problems.

I have taken pills again, and they have not made my condition worse at all - I am totally in belief that in the long term mdma does not contribute to my condition. There is a chance that it may trigger a pschological episode that may increase my anxiety, but this has not happened so far.

However, if you think that you will worry a great deal when you do pills in the future, and would associate it with feelings of guilt, then there is a chance that you will agrivate your anxiety that way.

Personally I feel that if you think pills are bad for you, then you are ill-advised to take them. Spending much time on this board will promote this image to you, and you will probably end up worrying more and more.

I would honestly quit drugs all together. Anxiety is caused by an imbalance of the chemicals in your brain. Ecstacy uses up your seretonin which causes seretonin deficiency. This deficiency has also been linked to other mental abnormalities such as Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and Depression.

Even though you would be cutting your useage, you are still depleting your normal levels of serotonin. In the end, it really boils down to what is more important to you? Your sanity...or a pill?

Also, to add to that, there are people who suffer for years from anxiety and never get over it. Obviously it would depend on how severe the anxiety....but using drugs that require serotonin to be effective would prolong the period of anxiety.

Last edited:
Hey Hard Trance

Yeah sounds like progressive muscle relaxation

I find that when I practice this I get worse, as soon as I lay down or whatever, I feel like I am floating, or being pushed into the ground

They say that it takes a couple of weeks to feel the benifet as it has being so long to be fully relaxed that it doesn't feel natural

Thanks to your storey, I will get back into practicing it and hopefully it will work for me

=D

Yep - it does take a while.

I know that I did not fully relax until a few months into it, then something just finally clicked when I was relaxing.

Good luck.

hey did you get any dissociation with your anxiety, I have it chronic

Hi there eng,

Nope - I did not get that.

Mine was just heart palpitations, tightness in the chest, tingling arms, thinking I was going to die and also sometimes believing that I was going mad.