• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Anti-PCP?

willow11 said:
I'm sure the study I quoted which said psychotic reaction occured in 10% was really refferring to that sort of reaction- catatonia, sponatneous violence, inane babbling. This reaction doesn't last, so technically I nguess its not 'psychosis', but its still pretty nasty I think. Words are just words after all.
Catatonia, inane babbling? Sounds exactly like what happens in a K Hole experience but that is no way near what could be considered psychosis.

That passage seems like sensationalistic bullshit. PCP doesnt make people any more violent or idiotic than alcohol or whatever else you wish to compare it too. Just because some dummies get drunk and swallow goldfish doesnt mean we need to correlate alcohol with animal abuse. People are the ones who fuck up, not the drugs. PCP does not explixitly cause violence or self degradative behavior, it could possibly be a catalyst based on the situation, but it should not be attributed to it more than any other factor. People are the ones who act on these situations, the drug does not do it for you.

While I've had two rather negative experiences with PCP, I will say that it is not an evil drug. I simply could not feel comfortable at all on it and I didn't like the way it effected my heart. I could see how this might scare people, and make them confused, especially if they have no idea how it will effect them. I've always believed that violent reactions, or psychotic breaks, in regards to PCP are caused by people that have no idea what they are getting into. People could become violent on this, in the same way people would feel if they felt that something was seriously fucked up and that their life was threatened.

I don't know how much was known about PCP in the general population during its popularity (60's,70's I think), but I have a suspicion that most people didn't know how it reacted with their body. This might be why there were so many people reacting badly with it, and the reason why we hear so many horror stories that persist on to this day.

yummy22 said:
Willow11, have you ever even seen someone on PCP? It seems like you're opinion of it is based on what the media thinks of it and you saying stuff like ..... when you have no experience with the drug sounds really ignorant.

I've seen about 10 people on wet PCP and I've never seen anyone get violent, maybe a little paranoid and confused but never violent.

No I've never seen anyone on PCP or been in any contact with it. In that respect I'm definitely ignorant- though 'seeing about ten people' on the drug certainly doesn't mean you have had experience with it either. Anyway, I don't NEED to have taken it or seen it to make a judgment- I have lots of opinions on things that don't involve me at all. I have read on erowid, which is a source I trust, that PCP is dangerous, and I believe it gives hallucinogens a bad rep- thats why its shitty that it gets classed with these drugs, becuse it taints the lot. Psychedelics and dissociatives don't normally cause violence, its bad that the one that characteristaclly can, cause extreme extrene violence. Boiling your baby, enough said. I'm not sure erowid would bother having untrue information on the site- biased yes, but not untrue.

^^^Of course bro, its nice to have some debate :). I'm not sure weed does more harm to society then PCP- such as?

ps I should say, I usually disregard extreme drug stories as fear mongering, something about this drug disturbs me. I think that its because trustworthy resources that I've used safely in the past have urged caution aginst it.

Beenhead said:
I wanna know who tried to snap a picture of a polar bear by climbing into its cave.

in my opinion pcp is right up there with methanphetamine. Just something that should be used only in a medical enviroment.
Come on man, there is a percentage of people who dont only use methamphetamine in a medicinal situation and they are still normal people.

Anyway, I don't NEED to have taken it or seen it to make a judgment-

Sure. You don't need any information at all to make a judgement. Its just a worthless judgement. If you want to make a judgement about black people without ever having met one, you can do that too. Its called having a stupid, uninformed, and prejudiced opinion.

Psychedelics and dissociatives don't normally cause violence, its bad that the one that characteristaclly can, cause extreme extrene violence.

The problem is you are taking a few media reports which are really the exception and making it into the rule. PCP does NOT 'characteristically' cause violence. I've have dozens of friends use it and not one of them showed a hint of becoming violent, and that seems to be what a majority in this thread are saying too. If you do your homework, you can find media reports of people getting violent on LSD and mushrooms too. It doesn't mean they 'characteristically' cause violence.

I'm just a little skeptical about any drug 'characteristically causing' violence. People who get violent on alcohol, meth, or whatever are people who seem to have violent tendencies to begin with, and were exposed/subjected to violence as children. If you want to say drugs can bring out violent tendencies in people with such tendencies thats one thing, but saying drugs actually cause violence is another thing entirely. Violence is not the character of a drug, its the character of human beings.

PCP is easy to spaz out on because of the small ammounts required to send you over the edge. I smoked PCP my first time recently, it was laced on some weed. Well I guess I don't know for sure it was PCP, but I tried to compare it to Ketamine in the same classification of drugs and it closely matched a low dose Keta-trip. I can see how too much of this stuff in the wrong setting and with an uneducated use could result in the incidents you see on cops.

even weed results in more crime and harm to soceity than PCP

This is the biggest load of bullshit I've ever heard. When was the last time you heard of some one wigging out and killing cops or eating their children because of pot?

To the people who say pot is more harmfull to society than marijuana, I say you're mislead. The only reason pot has harmed society is because of the fact that it is illigal. If marijuana were legal then marijuana would be less harmfull to society than tobacco or alcohol.

To the original poster: To try and tell people not to do PCP because it fuels prohibitionists, is in itself, a prohibitionist attitude. You cant just say "dont do it because it's bad.." You might be right, but people are going to try it anyways.

The best way to prevent people from getting all fucked up and ruining everyone elses day is to regulate it. Educate those who want to try it. Show them the effects - good and bad. Then let them make their own choice.

If they fuck up and hurt some one, well then they get sent to prison like any other criminal. If they hurt themselves, well then that will just add to the list of people who fuck up on PCP and that fact alone will be discouraging to people who havent tried it but want to.

willow11 said:
Look personally, I don't even like being on K or being around people on K... I've seen close friends on K crawling around, drolling and barking, looking absoltuely inhuman- that shit fucks wiht my head.

You don't like ketamine, either? Damn man! In my opinion that's one you should definitely try... it's a tremendously psychedelic dissociative... it's put me into the most extreme state of oneness and ego loss that I've ever been to, while still being able to remember it. And crawling around drooling and barking is definitely not what happens when you do K... it sounds like your friends were trying to use it as something it isn't. The best way to use K is to lie down on your back with some white noise or appropriate music and escape your body and ego.

Basically, PCP, because of a sharp rise in its use back in the day and because of the total fear of new drugs during that time (since drugs were only then becoming extremely popular and known by the mainstream), ended up getting a pretty extreme social prejudice slapped onto it. In fact, it's probably the largest and most pervasive demonization that has ever occurred with any drug, one that even exists in a very large percentage of people who use all kinds of other drugs. As such, it's become this sort of demon drug in the eyes of the majority of people you'll ever meet. When even most of the people you know who use practically everything else you can think of are telling you that it's bad news, well, you're probably going to believe it. In addition, just like any other drug that society hears a lot about, there are going to be a lot of horrors stories passed around. Some of those things probably did happen, which is where the rumors started. But over time, these stories build and build, just like urban legends, and before long, the one guy that jumped out of a window because he thought he could fly on PCP, or the one or two guys that tried to fight off a horde of police officers, become the very character of the drugs, and you get people saying that "that's what PCP does! Lots of people have jumped out of windows and fought off hordes of police officers! It's a bad, bad drug!". And since the majority of people believe it, it just continues to grow.

The bottom line is, unless you've had some personal experience with a drug, you're really not qualified to form a subjective opinion about it. Most people do anyway, but unless you've tried it, there's no way you could know what it does to a person.

The myth that PCP makes you violent is UTTER FUCKING BOLLOCKS. This is exactly the same myth that has been wheeled out about every single drug from weed to cocaine to LSD to crack.

Forget this bullshit. You take PCP and you fall down and giggle. End of story.

Afterm4th said:
To the people who say pot is more harmfull to society than marijuana, I say you're mislead.

Are we? Now, of course I totally agree with you that marijuana itself as a drug is much less harmful to an individual than PCP, and pretty much any other drug. But marijuana and its users do not live in a vaccuum. They live in society, and the fact is that it's illegal. Because of this, unfortunately, a number of people get involved with crime in order to distribute it. Because so many people are willing to pay for it, huge organized crime networks exist to move it. When dealing with such huge quantities, very serious crime such as killings occur. In addition, governments end up spending tremendous amounts of money, of taxpayer money, to "combat" it, and to lock up millions of people, most of whom were doing nothing wrong aside from smoking it or distributing it to friends. This, too, costs a tremendous amount of taxpayer money, in court costs and the cost to keep people in jail alive. On the other hand, PCP is used by, in comparison, very, very few people, so although the rate of crime surrounding it per user is greater than for weed, the total cost to society is much higher for weed.

Afterm4th said:
The only reason pot has harmed society is because of the fact that it is illigal. If marijuana were legal then marijuana would be less harmfull to society than tobacco or alcohol.

I also entirely agree with this. It's a damn shame that marijuana, or any drugs at all, are illegal. Unfortunately the government does not see it this way, and as it stands, whether or not it's right, marijuana has caused a greater measurable amount of harm, in terms of crime and taxpayer money spent "dealing" (8)) with it.

So bascially I agree with what you're saying, but I'm just trying to say that I think what people were trying to say was what I just said. The actual amount of harm caused by marijuana has been greater than the actual harm caused by PCP.

Xorkoth said:
And crawling around drooling and barking is definitely not what happens when you do K... it sounds like your friends were trying to use it as something it isn't.

depends on the user/dose...and are you trying to tell us how to use ketamine?...because different people use it in different way for different effects...

and yea...PCP is about as harmful as any other drug...

What a person does on the drug depends on their mindset/setting and general psychological well-being...

staypuft said:
are you trying to tell us how to use ketamine?

Nope, just my opinion, although I guess I worded it kind of that way. I just can't help but think that using it as a party drug in sub-hole doses is unpleasant. But I do realize that some people like it.

I think the main concern with PCP for me personally is the potentially extrememly dangerous impurities that come with the chemists who are doing this purely for profit. If it gets the customer high, who cares? That seems to be their mode of thinking.