• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Anti Nausea medication

kittyinthedark said:
Pepto Bismol (bismuth subsalicylate). I swear by it. I've got mild IBS and I'm lactose intolerant, so I eat that shit like candy! lol

And yeah, don't waste your money on Quick-Eze, all it is is calcium carbonate, an antacid (same thing as Tums/Rolaids/Alcalak/Rennie/etc.). It's not really intended to help nausea or any other gastric issues beyond heartburn, no matter what it says on the box. Any mention of nausea is strictly in relation to heartburn (as it causes nausea in some people).

I've got similar problems and Pepto Bismol is a godsend.

Can literally stop impending vomit from coming at all 9 out of 10 times for me =).

willow11 said:
I've found Quickease (calcium carbonate) to actually cause nausea, esp. if taken when drinking.

I agree 100%.

I have motion sickness really bad and the only two things that help are weed and maternity accupressure bands for the wrists. Unfortunately, I'm going on vacation with family this summer and can't smoke at all. :( Dramamine works, but all I do is sleep if I take it.

You might try those bands, as rediculous as they look, they do kind of work. I got mine at Wal-Mart.

CLOVE TEA. i swear by this. it was recommended to me by a chinese medicine woman a few years ago. brew a handful of cloves for about 10 minutes then drink. i have tested many herbs to treat nausea and clove has by far givin be the best results. ginger and peppermint are good too but can sometimes be too much for a finicky stomach.

not only is clove effective, drinking it as tea natually has a calming effect on the body.

it is my opinion that for matters of the stomach, the natual approach is always better. using pharmies to treat nausea can create a mental (and sometimes physical) dependency.

oh and of course, cannabis works wonders in conjunction with the tea.

Motilium - domperidone? I cant find interactions with other drugs. Is this another drug that may make an MDMA experience less intense?

If GBL, which supresses dopamine, helps you not spew, it is probably because when your rolling dopaminergic stimulation of the vagus nerve, which leds pretty all the way down your body, can cause vomiting. Thats is how metaclopramide works as a dopamine antagonist.

Of course there's all the pharmies, but I can't recommend ginger enough. Not to mention fewer side effects.

Hmmm... yeah true. GBL is the ultimate drug for stopping nausea for me. More than any pharm otc or script or better than weed. Until you come down off it and repeat the cycle.. to stop gagging.

^Probably over dopamineisisation (yes, I did invent that un). This never happneded to me when I used to take MDxxxxxx pills (stopped takeing em nigh over 3 years ago) at first; after two or so years I began to vomit EVERYTIME without fail, accompanied by enormous frigheing rushes, until the purge.

Meclizine works WAY better than Dramamine for me. Cannabis is the best though I feel. No need to eat any pills or anything and its like instant relief when smoked.

Promethazine I took once while on Hawiian Baby Woodrose, it was terrible because I NEEDED to throw up and couldn't no matter how much I put my finger down my throat.

Splatt ever try the psychological trick of telling your body to purge all that is ill or negative in your body?

i've read in a journal about nausea that Nausea, a topic of fascination for writers and philosophers, including existentialist philosopher Jean-Paul Sartre who immortalized it in his novel by the same name, is also of great interest in medical and psychological evaluation. Now it has been scientifically investigated and defined by researchers at Penn State University in a multi-year study of 1,695 students.

Last edited:
Zofron isnt OTC and its very $$$ as well, especially the wafers for under your tongue.

I would also rec Maxalon, I think you can get it OTC now but I think that one comes with paracetamol so just ask your Dr for a script.

other than that, I would highly recomend you vist a naturopath and get some natural anti-emetics, especially if you're needing it several times a day/week.

Peppermint can help very mild nausea and keep well hydrated too!

Goodluck <3

Yeah i do but sometimes i need to spew like 5-10 minutes after dropping obviously not enough time to absorb all the drug.

Sometimes it's even an hour but I still taste chemical coming out in the water i pop up...
i do used to believe especially with psychedelics that it was your body releasing toxins when entering the realm to keep you safer :)

Winding Vines said:
Promethazine I took once while on Hawiian Baby Woodrose, it was terrible because I NEEDED to throw up and couldn't no matter how much I put my finger down my throat.

Splatt ever try the psychological trick of telling your body to purge all that is ill or negative in your body?

Splatt said:
I bought ginger tablets and they don't really seem to help at all, no matter how much I take.

I'd recommend whole ginger root or ginger tea instead of tablets. I get really nauseous on 2cb, but last time I had it I had small pieces of ginger root to chew on, and they really helped. It's a bit strong at first, but I've taken a liking to the taste :D

Trimethobenzamide is cheap, easy to get, and very effective.

For HBWR/MGS nausea, I recommend against meclizine or diphenhydramine, they never worked for it for me.

The ethanolic extract of ginger can work well too.

Barley sugar we use to use when out on the boat. But i was quite young.. could have been I said i felt sick to eat lots of them.