• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Another silly drug combo question.

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
I’m sorry for my paranoia about everything I’m trying work on it but I just took kratom, can I take a flexiril with it? I have a long drive ahead of me tomorrow so I’m trying knock my ass out but not kill myself lol

From Erowid.org:

COMMON & BRAND NAMES
Flexeril; Cycoflex

EFFECTS CLASSIFICATION
Skeletal Muscle Relaxant; Sedative

CHEMICAL NAME
3-(5H-dibenzo[a,d] cyclohepten-5-ylidene)-N,N-dimethyl-1-propanamine hydrochloride

DESCRIPTION
Cyclobenzaprine is a CNS depressant and skeletal muscle relaxant. It is effective at relieving muscle spasms of local origin without interfering with muscle function but is ineffective in treating muscle spasms due to cns disease. It is also prescribed as a sleep-aid.

CAUTION
Should not be used within 14 days after use of an MAOI.

MAOIs inhibit naturally occurring enzymes in the human body. This inhibition leads to increased levels of chemicals such as the neurotransmitters serotonin and dopamine. By slowing their metabolism, MAOIs also allow chemicals such as N,N-DMT, to become active when taken orally.

You can find more information about MAOIs here:

Erowid MAOI Vault

Hope this answers most of your questions. :)

-- Peace o/

I had a bad reaction when combining kratom with oxcarbazepine and I've heard it can react with a number of other medications.

Main symptom was extreme, uncontrollable tremors and twitches which made basic functioning like dialing a phone number impossible.

Definitely better to play it safe.

It is not that kratom has an action on serotonin, is it?
Well, cyclobenzaprine too I think (actually very dangerous to take with SSRIs).

No one knows entirely how kratom works and there are a bunch of different alkaloids present in the plant material. It seems to cause negative reactions when combined with serotonin effecting drugs