View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Another dance with Dxm?

gratefullydreaming

Bluelighter
Hey guys I have tripped on dex twice the first time being a 4oz bottle the next time I took two bottle of Dxm gel caps, that time I was pretty much the farthest from sober but it was a weird trip, I even threw up a couple times. The dosage was not dangerous tho.. I'm eager to have another experience but I want it to be a good one. please give me feedback about a good dosage and the timing I should take it.. All at once or by time?

I used to drink the syrup and Pop coricidin in my teens. Had some great times but I don't think I could bring myself to do it again. Wish I could find a solid source for some pure DXM powder.

I used to drink the syrup and Pop coricidin in my teens. Had some great times but I don't think I could bring myself to do it again. Wish I could find a solid source for some pure DXM powder.
There not as orevelant anymore but are defintely still out there!

I remember my days messing around with DXM, I always preferred to take it all at once. I use to mix it with sprite and drink it with my nose plugged to get it all down without tasting it and making it less thick. As far as the puking either take something to curb the nausia like pepto or dramamine or smoke weed.

If you have some time and can follow instructions you can try extracting the DXM. It is really easy and you end up with a shot of gross tasting stuff that is much easier on the stomach.

I've never enjoyed syrup. I can't get myself to swallow that stuff. I prefer store brand/Robitussin gel caps. I never throw up on them unless I combine then directly with food. I will say, I've thrown up taking Coricidin before.. but I've definitely learned my lesson on that. Next time you get around to tripping, just smoke some good bud and relax. I think promethazine and Zofran are good to take as well to subside the nausea.

I've never taken it in a dose to trip on, and do not want to.

But a friend of mine that loved disassociative drugs did buy the powder, would measure it out, and put it into gelcaps.

From my experience last night (after taking 60 gel caps in a matter of 30 minutes) I recommend taking half of your dose, waiting until you feel that, and then taking the other half of the dose. It might combat the feeling of throwing up a little. I ended up throwing up last night, but I still tripped extremely hard. Make sure to drink plenty of water before, and during your trip, or you'll get a terrible headache... :( Safe trippin'!

-Chase

Last night I did 20 gel caps then decided to eat right afterwards. Let me just say that wasn't a good idea. Keep that in mind as well. Doing DXM on an empty stomach gives you a much better chance of not getting nauseous/sick.

it is definitely in the nature of DXM to have gastric disturbances. Gel caps gave me a soft shit spew which is very bearable. Syrup upsets my stomach the worst, more I take more sick I feel and vomit if I really took a lot. I hear pure powder can make user nauseated.

Gel caps is the way to go. If you're throwing up from gels then you'd always be nauseated on the come-up.

Try some DPH before-hand

OP do you take any medication?

(note: this should be asked in EVERY dxm thread because it can be deadly with a lot of common medications)

diphenhydramine and dxm has caused bad reactions btw, including serotonin syndrome. smoke some weed.

Yeah, you definitely shouldn't be doing dxm if you're on any anti-depressants. Although my mom has done it with me three times and was fine. And she is on over 10 different medications. Just depends on the person I guess

Ive always read and heard NOT to ever mix any antidepressants with DXM. But I was on an SSNRI for about 3 months and tripped on dxm a few times. Nothing horrible happened. I'm not saying something bad won't happen to you, BC everybody's body is different with how it processes foreign chemicals.

It's better to be safe than sorry and choose a different drug that doesn't interact with your medicine.