• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

An Experience & Discussion Regarding Highly Pure LSD

Ehh it's happened to many of us. Like I got super lucky to get into LSD when I did. I was never able to trip verify how good my tags where, but so many older users, and even some people on BL confirmed that to them, these amber gels that flooded the east coast during the spring of 08 into 09 were really high quality compared to the junk that was floating around before. I don't think I've ever had acid that was that good, that would give you such a strong trip from so little. It doesn't really matter because I know I'll never know truly. I'll only have what I experienced, like the OP...

BTW, just to throw some numbers around, some of the best LSD I've ever had, I don't recall the exact numbers, but I was privileged to know on unimpeachable authority that it LCMS'd in at something around ~75-80% pure d-LSD tartrate when it reached the end user. It was then dosed appropriately for an industry standard 100mcg of pure product/dose, and it rocked most people's socks. Read of this what you may into the average dosage of retail product. And when people are saying 150, 200, or more, heck, maybe even 100mcg, well, for the most part, don't believe the hype. Simply a manifestation of the testicular fortitude of people in some sectors of the market to sell product well beyond the industry standard price, unless we're talking about some small bespoke batches. Well, anyway, the product that I'm referring to, ca. the middle of the last decade, was like I said well off 90-100% pure and indeed off color, but I would've put it up without hesitation against what any OP is taking, mcg for mcg of active product. And I've had my share of doses called all sorts of things, 90, 99, swiss, family, rainbow gadzook jaguar spiritual vibe line, white fluff, silver, amber, sandoz, marinated with Owsley's brain in a jar, whatever, laid strong, laid weak, who really knows? There are a lot of wild claims that circulate for both purity and dosage these days and without quantitative analysis people really need to keep it to themselves or save it for the gullible. "Highly Pure," LOL. And, now that there are easily accessible venues for testing of retail products, which wasn't always the case, nobody really has any excuse for specious claims of purity.

Last edited:
That reminds me, the only tested tabs I had that were near as good as the amber gels, though still a magnitude lower than them, was 90ug WoWs I used to get from a really good reliable vendor who also had super good MDMA... Everyone I knew who had the gels including myself thought they were probably 100-175ugs.

^Set/setting, expectation, placebo, nocebo. Even people who knows exactly what mics feel like probably can't tell you the micage of any given dose. Guessing is a fool's errand and, when backed up by quantiative analysis, probably has a very easy possibility of making a fool out of whoever is making the claim.

Help?!?! said:
these amber gels that flooded the east coast during the spring of 08 into 09

Solid product TBH (ed. to add: in that era, if you got the real stuff, what circulates now I have no idea) along with a great deal of the "white on white," the Dalai Llamas, and a bunch of others. But, not even a decade later, we have to look at this as a more innocent time.

Last edited:
Oh yeah I know what your saying. This all happened when I was 16-18, and even then my friends, and I knew it was just meandering. Still though if you had those gels, you'd know what I was saying. I've done LSD in depraved loopy numbers, something like maybe three hundred or so times since I'm such a drug pig. The experience is there. All of those things like set/etc. play a role but I'm a home body and I rarely do any real tripping anywhere but maybe a good friends house and such. I just do dissociatives and empathogens at fests and stuff like that. Mescaline and known LSD or DMT would be a go, and I guess if I had some sedatives to douse myself with at the right time and place I'd do some wacky stuff, but I save tripping for times when I can really get down into myself, and that sort of thing.

Truly I hate all the mumbo jumbo and guessing(it is truly a fools errand!). Still though I will follow my own intuition. I mean after doing so much you do, for me at least begin to gain some leverage when you've done those things so many times in the same style of place, but I digress...!:sus:

Another point to ponder re: purity

Say Johnny Wooklord, the biggest distributor of LSD at your festival, claims to have so-called "250 mic heddy phat doses marinated in a jar with owsley's brain," a beautiful, multicolor, commercial grade blotter art, but they'll run you 100/400/3500/20k and then Jimmy Business, a small time arbitrageur of cheap acid from one place to expensive acid from another place, is selling properly dosed (10mcg/2.5in^2 i.e. 100mcg/hit) blotters with 100mcg pure d-LSD equivalent (% purity of the raw crystal nothwithstanding), and those are more reasonbly priced, say (and this would be outrageously expensive back in the day, but we're not back in the day anymore, are we?) 10/70/300/2000/14k. Now, which product would you rather buy?

(Edit to add: price schemes pulled wholesale out of my ass. Just to illustrate my point. Don't worry people, I have no idea what acid actually costs these days, and when I was playing ball, it cost considerably less than above, but, you known, inflation and the stormfucking the market took after Ulbricht unleashed his beast to the masses)

Who would you rather do business with? Of course interpersonal factors become a big deal here, but the bang for your buck is clearly with the operation which makes less noise about itself, which, in general terms, is a good thing in illicit marketplace: Johnny W makes a great deal of claims about his product and gets a decent bit of cash off custies and abject amateurs, in this case, they're lucky because they ran into him, because the next tent over they were selling some 2,5I-NBOMe, or something even nastier. But if you catch up with Jimmy Biz, you're probably going to find yourself in an informal setting with nicer people and better quality stuff, again, mcg for mcg or perhaps hit for hit.

And your own mental perception of the trip will be affected: if you got Johnny's doses, you might feel like you've got some of the strongest shit thats's been unleased on mankind since that first vial of Delysd, and go anywhere with that; Jimmy Biz will probably smoke a doob with you and see how you enjoy it or, failing that, will probably hook you up in some way because he needs the business and you need work. Unfortunately, a lot of Jimmy Biz types turn into Johhny Wooks, and you gotta look out for that. Some of them will stay true though, and some of them will drop out of the whole business for the straight life. As far as darknet market vendors, I know fuckall, I couldn't possibly recommend you buy doses from an email address, and much less so testify for their strength.

Seek personal engagement, not digitally mediated bullshit which is basically being a geek at a Bloomberg machine figuring out to edge some α from different products from different disembodied entities with whom you communicate through some obscurantian technology that to you is almost inexplicable. Please, don't go that way. Network, socialize, and find good folks, they do exist. The people who sourced you your drugs in your OP may just be these good people with these drugs, but what is upsetting a lot of us, besides the fact that you are probably factually wrong, is the grandiose you tone are taking about how incredible your experience, how high quality the drugs you, because, why? Headier than thou? Or are you trolling for people to ask you for sources? (Big time against the rules) Or simple brag, thinking that quality of drugs adds inches to your dick? Believe me, it doesn't.

It just annoys us more seasoned folks who've been around the circuit a few times to have someone come in without any building trust and being spoken for will just waltz in here and tell us that our shit doesn't measure up to, what, some kind of mystical experience that the guy had. Well, obviously... heroin makes you feel noddy, molly makes you feel huggy, speed makes you feel speedy, acid makes you feel trippy ... which is a drug effect. I.e., the drug effect, as perceived by your source code/soul/spirit/homunculus/what ever thing you are, is taking a hold of you and altering your preceptions. You should taken an aspirin when you get a headache, a tab when you've got nothing to do, a god set/setting and the time to do it, the molly at a party, the heroin, well, unless you didn't ... but you get my point. Your post basically boils down to, "I got really good drugs. I got really high. 90% of you will never be as high as I was. MUAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Oh yeah, if anyone has anything contribute feel free to distribute, but I don't think much exists beyond what's been said, supra, this is pretty much a dicksizing and/or "WHAT DID I TAKE THREAD" which is against the rules and a bad idea. Anyone showing up here and claiming to have "a grip of drugs" (RIP bro) is either asking for trouble or asking for it to be brought upon themselves. Not saying this is what OP is saying ,but that what this can easily degenerate into shadiness

Anyhoo. Thanks for listening,
SKL

Last edited:
It seems pretty simple to me, LSD is just another drug ultimately (albeit with a set of effects which individual users perceive differently & more subjectively than most other drugs). As a drug consumer I want to find a balance between how much money I want to spend and how much drug I'll be receiving (in the case of some drugs like heroin this relates directly to purity of the product being sold; in the case of LSD it doesn't, LSD = LSD as another poster already mentioned). If someone offers me a lot of LSD at a fair price I'll take their offer, regardless of who they are, the form the LSD comes in, or what they're marketing strategy is like. I don't usually expect a seller to know much about how strong a given batch of LSD is because I didn't really know for certain how strong my drugs were when I sold psychedelics, except for figures I was quoted by my supplier which I didn't believe anyway. I'm usually just happy if a tab takes me well beyond threshold effects.

Nowadays there are many more psychedelics on the market but LSD remains one of the more prevalent ones, and usage of LSD has been rising for the past decade IIRC. Not to anywhere near where the market once was, but still...

All I know is my LSD comes straight from the fam! White fluff all day laid at 235.2525mcg! Way better than the stuff you flys are getting!!;)%):sus:

LSD is a molecule. It's either LSD or it isn't LSD. If the atoms are arranged in a certain arrangement then it's "pure" LSD.

You can have an "impure" batch of heroin because someone can chuck another white powder into the heroin. You can't have "impure" LSD because you can't insert a different atom into the LSD lattice.

I can assure you that even with what you believe to be the "purest" LSD you've ever had you can still have shitty unclean trips with headaches and bodyloads. LSD has a vast range of effects - you can have a clean trip from one blotter, then have a dirty trip from the next blotter in the sheet. That's just what LSD is like.

The placebo effect is going to the main thing - if you believe you have the purest LSD you will have what you believe to be a "pure" trip. But as your experience grows you will certainly have crap headache trips from your "pure" LSD - with enough experience everyone experiences that.

All of this is true.

As the old saying goes "LSD is LSD". If there's any LSD on the blotter then you're going to have an LSD trip - all the "clean" or "dirty" effects are just placebo, how you felt that day, what you ate, what the weathers like - all those are more important than the LSD "purity" bullshit.

Does anyone really believe that if the LSD is "pure" enough then it always gives you a wondrous, righteously mellow trip? Really? Even if the previous night you ate an infected cheeseburger and 12 pints of ale, only got 2 hours sleep and then dropped the acid in a dirty hovel surrounded by shitten underpants and a big log of shit floating in the toilet? You still think the "pure" LSD will work it's magic?

what's with the conception that good experience equals pure drugs? so silly imo...

and this without even getting in the annoying part of the whole question like 'you didn't even test your stuff' or 'are LSD synth impurities even active at the microgram range?'.

All I know is that there is a TON of incredible LSD available right now. Some of the finest I've ever known, and I lived through the 80's and 90's LSD booms, having gotten my hands on one great batch after another back then. It's out there, and it is incredible.

I agree ^ There is some great doses out there.....and it does matter the how much you take >100 ug is not as fun (to me) as 300 ug plus and your set and setting is and has a lot to do with where LSD leads you...

Izzy that is definitely a double edged sword, the darknet/Internet is also responsible for the L-alikes, fentadope, and various other garbage.

Also, this allegedly exists:

CSJIu-2XAAA2TnZ.png

Doesn't make much sense, especially given the constraints of what will fit on a conventional blotter, but it allegedly exists. I'm skeptical, but if it does, God help the net.drugs.kids, if it doesn't, the fact that anyone might believe in it, well, God help the net.drugs.kids.

Wow what a strange blotter! It never ceases to amaze me what dumbasses will throw together to try to make a little cash...SMH

Wtf this blotter... Dosage ratios don't make sense. And this selection of drugs... Fancy as fuck.

Yeah, it makes no sense, especially as א and DON won't fit on blotter and particularly won't be psychoactive at the doses claimed in the ratios, so it is probably window dressing for yet another bomamine, but the very fact that it is claimed to be what it's claimed to be says a lot about the state of the scene.

There is a group of people on the DN markets that are currently sending doses from major vendors to a lab (EC) in Europe to get them tested for content and dose. WHile there is always a controversy regarding dosing accuracy (some vendors underdose, others, not so much), and most of those which have been tested are showing legit LSD with few impurities such as ISO-lsd and others, and are speccing out at close to promoted dose. I won't mention the vendor(s), of course, but one major one just had his 150ug tabs tested and they came back at 147ug, which is a pretty perfect lay. It also came back as super high purity, again, with little synthesis-related by-products present. So, in other words, there will always be people selling things as LSD that are NOT, that there are people selling LSD that is not only real, but properly dosed and some extremely pure. So that goes beyond anecdote, and again, shows that some people having big-time experiences with L these days are because they are buying quality tabs. I know that one of the above-mentioned vendors that I bought from came back with proper lab results, and I bought from him/her. The crystals were very pure based on lab results, mic'd right, and were fucking mind-blowing. Literally some of the best LSD I've ever encountered. So do your howmework, and you may find yourself getting your hands on some of the best LSD available today. Anywhere...