View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

An Experience & Discussion Regarding Highly Pure LSD

Ames523

Greenlighter
At the time of writing this I am 20 years old and have experienced a variety of psychedelics including various psilocybin products, LSD as well as other synthetic compounds including 25i & NBOME psychedelic compounds. My psychedelic experience mostly begins in 2013 where the overall purity & availability of quality LSD has conclusively become lower & more rare. I also have had the privilege of experiencing highly pure MDMA in doses that produce pure, clean & psychedelically oriented experiences. I have experienced what I believe to be genuine LSD in various doses from 60-350ug approximately 15 times all via blotter paper ROA’s. Some blotter I have taken has been distinctly higher quality than others, producing notably cleaner experiences shy of ‘breakyness’ & lower ‘bodyloads’ that have at times with lower quality product have included headaches, mild hyperthermia, anxiety & overall ‘closed-off ness’ to the world around me… As most people with psychedelic experience understand, LSD is supposed to be an opening, engaging experience that can change the way you see yourself & the world around you. Visuals can be a major part of this experience for both myself and many others, many notice differences in this & the overall psychadelic experience between batches of LSD which can be affected by product as well as setting, people and mood.

Some experiences I have even had with other synthetic compounds have been distinctly different, with visuals being highly projected onto my field of vision and producing a highly intense, long lasting experience that comes on quickly and unpleasantly inhibits you from the clarity and openness that even moderately pure street LSD can bring on. RC’s have felt to me highly synthetic with the experience heavily ‘designed’ and imitative. My experience with what I am reasonably able to conclude that has been genuine LSD has always been highly engaging, opening and clear regardless of quality-related bodyloads that have rarely impacted the trip significantly.

Psychedelics have absolutely positively changed my life. They have helped me truly become comfortable with myself and have thrust me into new places in my personal life, academia & enabled me to rapidly accelerate in my early career. I have experienced true happiness during and after LSD use that has been long-lived & carried on past the actual trip. When on LSD I have a strong physical, engaging connection to music that allows me to dance in artistic ways myself and even others can’t understand; this is a recent development that has brought me much physical & emotional confidence.

This past weekend, Autumn of 2015, I had the absolute blessing of experiencing what I have valid, reasonable grounds to believe is highly HIGHLY pure LSD at the purity level of approximately 99%. This single-dose (100ug) experience was EXTREMELY different than that of any LSD I have ever had before. It came directly from a dropper bottle onto a sugar cube in 2 drops each containing a 50ug dose. The taste was simply the alcohol the LSD was contained within the dropper. With other LSD it has taken me approximately 45-90minutes to begin to feel effects and the full come-up begins after about 1.5-2 hours and lasts between 8-12 hours. This experience began quickly, effects starting to be noticed around +20 minutes and the full come-up occurring at +30 and full-blown tripping by +45 the latest. Initially this was very concerning due to the rapid onset and high intensity of the trip, although wasn’t in the slightest bit unpleasant; leading me to believe the source at the very least applied more than 100ug to the sugar cube. After discussing with him further I realized this was simply the experience that could only really be associated with incredibly pure LSD. The effects were absolutely breathtaking, with a come-up that knocks your socks off while lacking any degree of unpleasantness or ‘bodyload’ lasting for approximately 2 hours leading up to a 5 hour peak (all approximate). The world around me began to come to life and I watched everything change around me in clean, crisp, vivid color while basking in the utmost pureness of nirvana. It was highly euphoric, open, clean, engaging and expanding. My previous trips could leave me content with independence and solitude but this was the first time I had the strongest desire to share the beauty of this experience with others. I instantly bonded with the source of the substance and his friend also on the LSD and had one of the most uplifting, soulful, beautiful and clear experiences of my entire life. Communication, movement and feelings were uninhibited and crisply enhanced. Communication was also effortless even with those not on the substance. I had an overwhelming desire to enjoy life, the beauty of our environment, nature, music and people. The visuals were distinctly clear, crisp, colorful and notably more intense than even higher doses of other blotter I had experienced before… so impactful & beautiful yet encompassed by the overarching feeling of comfort and clarity. I felt the purity of childhood again, seeing the world through the freshest eyes while at the same time feeling as though I have known this beauty for my entire life. I could feel the experience down to my very core in such a way I had never known before.

The trip lasted 14 hours, fading away gradually with an ability to find sleep even while still experiencing mild visuals. There was no drop-off or firm ‘end’ to the trip; it was over when it felt over in my heart leaving me feeling quite content and at ease with myself. This clarity and comfort has lasted past the experience being over 48 hours later.

You will know when you experience pure LSD. I firmly believe most postmodern drug users, probably well over 90%, have never experienced purity of this level and it truly saddens me that even ‘quality’ blotter only has the potential to produce an experience that can only imitate the true, pure experience of clean LSD. I luckily was able to acquire 10 more 100ug doses before parting ways with the source that evening. The connections made on this substance will withstand time and I look forward to sharing this pure, clean, life changing experience with close friends. There is no way I will ever choose to experience the drug in any less of a capacity ever again. This batch to the best of my understanding was manufactured in 2015 in an underground laboratory in Europe and is continuing to be produced. I experienced this substance in The Netherlands at an underground PsyTrance event in a beautiful nature-oriented, picturesque setting with a community of people open to psychedelic experiences. I will leave out more details on those matters in hopes of this pure substance reaching more and more people, as this experience is really one that needs to be had by the world. As a modern millennial young-adult with moderately substantial street-psychedelic experience with product available from 2013 onwards, I now believe can truly empathize with people who experienced pure, clean LSD in the 60’s and 70’s including Sandoz LSD. Via some research I can conclude that the purity of the substance can heavily impact the experience, even in the 90%+ purity range even variations in 1% can alter the experience though I don’t doubt anything over 90% would still be incredibly clean. Via discussion with the source of this batch that has experienced LSD about 200 times even he had not taken such high quality acid before that produces such wonderful experiences.

I have always ‘lurked’ and done research via experienced user reports and postings on drug forums such as this one and more (5+ years), yet never had such an overwhelming desire to share this experience and my feelings about it with the online psychedelic community. I would love to hear from others how they feel about LSD purity, the availability of quality modern psychedelics, quality’s link to experience or any other thoughts or feelings you might want to share. I have found few in-depth posts on topics such as these within the last 2-5 years and I’m sure it would thrill many to know there is still clean, ridiculously high-purity LSD still out there. I look forward to reading your responses and hope you enjoyed reading my post! J

Last edited:
I firmly believe most postmodern drug users, probably well over 90%, have never experienced purity of this level

Can I ask why you believe this? You might be surprised.

I would quite love to be surprised... I do understand millions of people have taken or do take LSD and the level of purity widely available is so dramatically lower than that of 90+% I can't imagine a ton of people having that experience. I do though understand many experienced users and especially those active on these forums are much more likely to have had this experience. That still is a pretty low number in contrast to the amount of LSD and street psychedelics that continue to be distributed and consumed widely across the world. 90% or more might be a reach but I can't say I believe for a second most users have had that pure experience. :) I don't doubt you have though!

I have hardly any experience with LSD, but stories about people being able to discern purity simply from taking it always struck me as bullshit. How could you tell the difference between a 200mcg dose of 50% pure LSD and a 100mcg dose of 99% pure LSD? I think it's much more likely that your dose was higher than what you were told / your previous doses have been lower than what you were told. The right set and setting probably also had a lot to do with it.

Either way, sounds like you had a great experience and that is the important part :D

This can of worms appears to have been opened...again.

Duck for cover OP!

I enjoyed reading your post, you described your experience very well. I am curious to know how you are so sure about the purity percentage.

Haha to me it just sounds like you had your first taste of truly good higher dose LSD. Most people are probably going to write you off, and I don't honestly blame them because many of us have been doing LSD for years. The luckier ones amongst us been graced to do tested doses or have had really good vendors via the darkness with many people trying it and confirming it to be good. Such things happen though, you get lower quality(possibly), lower dosed LSD, and then you...see the "light". It's happened to many of us... Still it's always nice to hear stories of good and proper LSD. I wouldn't overthink it though... Unless you get it tested there will never be a true fact based way to know exactly what your doing... It's just the way she goes!;)

This can of worms appears to have been opened...again.

Lezbehonest tho, we all thought the same thing the first time we dosed some good crystal.

When I was in rehab everybody was always saying, "dude, I didn't even know LSD existed anymore!"

You can certainly tell the difference between most 60%/70%/80% LSD and 95%+ LSD. Less body load. Less mind fuck. Better Visuals. Overall the 95%+ pure LSD is just better.

You can certainly tell the difference between most 60%/70%/80% LSD and 95%+ LSD. Less body load. Less mind fuck. Better Visuals. Overall the 95%+ pure LSD is just better.
Isn't the mind-fuck why we take LSD? If I just wanted visuals I'd just take an alphabet soup phen...

Please share energycontrol or similar lab analysis. Oh you never did and are just shittalking?

purity has nothing to do with it you can titrate the amount to get the desired effect
people are watching too much Breaking Bad :)

personal experiences are just that ... nothing to do with actual statistical data /analysis

How's OP supposed to know the purity of his LSD if he never got his tested? How can there be a discussion on purity when you don't know the purity?

If you look at all the LSD tested in recent years, it's almost always just (+)-LSD. Sometimes tiny amounts (like 3-5ug) inactive iso-LSD.

Which pretty much means that all LSD these days is high purity LSD.

/thread

Man this person is just an ego. It seems like whatever they had must have been pretty weak or they wouldn't be spewing narcissistic bullshit like this. Most everyone here has had their mind blown by good acid. Somebody thinks they're special. The original post honestly disgusts me.

Last edited:
TL; DR, you're 20 years old, inexperienced, rather grandiose, and naive enough to believe dealers, meanwhile, there is such thing as a placebo (and nocebo) effect. Listen to the right Bluelighters ITT (roi is one and I will stay modest) and you will be one step closer to not being a custie. Also "you will know..." is unbelievably pretentious. You appear to have no idea what you're talking about, but are talking to at very least a few people who did. /thread

Last edited:
I had a beautiful magical experience with psychedelic drugs that no one else has ever had except for me...and maybe some other people

(Damn that was in all caps for dramatic effect)

You will know when you experience pure LSD.

LSD is a molecule. It's either LSD or it isn't LSD. If the atoms are arranged in a certain arrangement then it's "pure" LSD.

You can have an "impure" batch of heroin because someone can chuck another white powder into the heroin. You can't have "impure" LSD because you can't insert a different atom into the LSD lattice.

I can assure you that even with what you believe to be the "purest" LSD you've ever had you can still have shitty unclean trips with headaches and bodyloads. LSD has a vast range of effects - you can have a clean trip from one blotter, then have a dirty trip from the next blotter in the sheet. That's just what LSD is like.

The placebo effect is going to the main thing - if you believe you have the purest LSD you will have what you believe to be a "pure" trip. But as your experience grows you will certainly have crap headache trips from your "pure" LSD - with enough experience everyone experiences that.

Communication was effortless? Felt like a little kid eh? Sounds like a fucking weak dose man. Take a real dose and you wouldn't have been at the rave anymore. This really sounds like a weak-ass experience to me... probably not even 100 micrograms realistically. I'd guess around 60 micrograms or so, maybe a little bit more if I had to ballpark. 100 micrograms is a lot stronger than most people think. I completely flip out (in a good way) on 100 micrograms of good acid... but not really in the way they are describing... you would look at me for a second and realize that I'm fucked out of my mind on acid and practically a lunatic. People run away from me because they can't bare the insanity, unless they are also on acid. I don't just carry on jovial conversations with sober people. The description is what annoyed me most... it sounded so cliche and superficial. Faux-nirvana. The doses are low these days so people like the OP don't freak the fuck out at raves and wind up disoriented in tents.

I do think that the quality of the synthesis matters. I just don''t think this raver has the holy grail of anything. My guess would be a sub-100 microgram dose of L but who is to say it was even LSD if they are so inexperienced... could have been any number of things... ETH-LAD... AL-LAD... 1P-LSD... LSZ... 5-meo-amt... nbome maybe even... so on and so forth.

Last edited:
I've bought into LSD purity giving a cleaner trip as opposed to lower purity LSD giving a dirtier feel to it

But I really have no comment for the OP other than he obviously doesn't know the crowd he is addressing here in blue light psych world ;-)

Lots of experience here

One step closer to not being a custie made me snicker