View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

amt + methylone

WaseFraKa

Bluelighter
Hi, just wanted to see if some of you experimented with this combo?
Not much info on the subject...

the plan is to take a small dose of amt (15mg) and around +6h to +8h take some methylone (dosage wise I dont know about potentiation so was thinking of 50mg to test waters and maybe top off with some more snorted if needed)

if anybody has any input with this combo it would be great

k will be parsed throughout but not much to worry as it is a great combo with amt :D

I dont think its a good idea. aMT is a weak MAOI which can be potentially dangerous mixing with drugs like methylone.

wouldn't mix these personally. In terms of dosage for M1 though, I find 200mg injested to be perfect. It doesn't seem to have much effect when snorted.

Tread carefully. I've noticed that when I was taking AMT if I had some cheese I wouldn't feel too hot. I definitely noticed my AMT trips were much better if I hadn't had any cheese for a while.

I kinda deduced that to mean that AMT does in fact have MAOI properties. I would be careful combining it with monoamine releasers (amphetamine derivatives such as methylone/MDMA, meth, etc.)

i've done this before with great results.. i think the trick is to take the a-mt and then the methylone maybe 20 minutes later. the a-mt wont hit for a few hours orally, and by the time it does the methylone has peaked and is waning. this combo worked perfectly at a dose of 40mg a-mt followed by 220mg methylone

Like Peppersocks said, there are implications that this could be dangerous. Despite anecdotal evidence that it can be done, you just might not get away with it just as easily... There may be a risk, size unknown. :\

To me, it seems rather superfluous. Research has shown AMT to be a rather potent releaser of all three monoamines, so I'm not sure if the methylone 'boost' would be necessary. Although AMT in all likelihood inhibits MAO quite weakly, this territory is quite untread and experimental. If anything, I'd consider something like MDAI for a serotonergic boost, dosed right at the peak (so that it kicks in right afterward).

But I'd avoid this combination.

ebola

AMT is a serotonin releaser, and although methylone releases serotonin aswell isn't it a much more potent reuptake inhibitor? I was under the impression that would neutralize the overall serotonin-increasing properties of both drugs.

Some friends have done this combination on a psychedelic festival last summer. They told me it was the most overwhealming experience they ever had - also in a negative way. The dosage was about 40-50mg of AMT and 150-250mg BK-MDMA. They also reported of strong synergy effects between the different drugs. They had very strong hallucinations - not the typical psychedelic induced hallucinations but more the kind of hallucinations diphenhydramine produces.

concerning festival :)

Like ebola said, it would not be such a spectacular addition so not worth the possible risk at all. Avoid, or if you cant help yourself dose the methylone crazy low and have no stash to tempt redosing.