View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

AMT + Deprenyl combo

Imperial Tacohead

Bluelighter
(I posted this in BDD, but got no responses, so I thought perhaps I should try this forum instead.)

Has anyone tried this combination, or something comparable? I don't take deprenyl/selegiline regularly anymore, but I've taken 5mg doses several times in the past week as a potentiator of modafinil. Which was a stupid mistake, as I've had an AMT date scheduled for the last month, and now I'm concerned about the interaction between the two drugs.

There doesn't seem to be much information online about combining tryptamines with deprenyl, and I would prefer to stay out of harm's way. I'm thinking of cutting my 60mg dose back to somewhere in the 20-25mg range. Is this reasonable? Is there anything in particular I should watch out for?

I'm not certain - but isn't deprenyl a MAOi ? if so it's contraindicated - you look up if it has MAOi propeties & if so - no go.

isn't deprenyl a MAOi ? if so it's contraindicated - you look up if it has MAOi propeties & if so - no go.

Things get more complicated with selective MAOIs. AMT is a potent releaser of DA and NE, so I wouldn't be too hasty to combine it with inhibition of MAOB. I would either cancel your date with AMT, or I'd try a VERY small dose (perhaps on the order of 2.5-5 mg), without the expectation that it will do much (but just in case it does). Truth be told, if there is significant potentiation, it will likely be selective for unwanted side-effects, so I wouldn't try the combo at all. Why not just wait ~2 weeks?

ebola

^ Don't complicate stuff around me i just can't cope you know :)

Things get more complicated with selective MAOIs. AMT is a potent releaser of DA and NE, so I wouldn't be too hasty to combine it with inhibition of MAOB. I would either cancel your date with AMT, or I'd try a VERY small dose (perhaps on the order of 2.5-5 mg), without the expectation that it will do much (but just in case it does). Truth be told, if there is significant potentiation, it will likely be selective for unwanted side-effects, so I wouldn't try the combo at all. Why not just wait ~2 weeks?

Thanks for that. I've been scouring the web for information about inhibition of MAO-B as it applies to tryptamines, but there really isn't much. Everyone says that combining selegiline with a 2C is inviting disaster, but my fingers were crossed that I could get away with a smallish dose of AMT. (I've read about people combining selegiline with dextroamphetamine without it being problematic, which had led me to hope.)

Well, phooey. This is a social occasion, and in two weeks school is back in full swing. It's my own damn fault, though. I had better defer to the judgment of those who know better.

My concern is the amount of serotonin released by amt is very high - i don't actually know if it's dangerous or not but something nags my mind to suggest possibly it could be. Having sufferred at the hands of contraindications myself i'd say take no chances hospitals aren't pretty when your flitting between life & death.

Thanks for that. I've been scouring the web for information about inhibition of MAO-B as it applies to tryptamines, but there really isn't much.

Oh, you should be able to take different tryptamine with few problems, as long as there isn't monoaminergic release. For example, psilocybin should be okay, but 5-meo-dipt would not be. With standard tryptamines, there shouldn't be much of an interaction. . .perhaps mild potentiation.

I've read about people combining selegiline with dextroamphetamine without it being problematic, which had led me to hope.

This is a VERY difficult combo to pull off successfully. People have had dangerous reactions with as little as 2 mg d-amp.

My concern is the amount of serotonin released by amt is very high - i don't actually know if it's dangerous or not but something nags my mind to suggest possibly it could be.

Aye...it could be. Safe potentiation of 5ht releasers with selegiline seems to be a very precarious balance to strike, perhaps one that is too precarious to be worth considering.

ebola