• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Amsterdam New Regulations: Smoke weed in the Red Light District and Cops Will Be Involved

-5MeoAmt-

Greenlighter

From Today You Can Now Receive a €100 Ticket for Smoking Marijuana in the Red Light District

1024x576a.jpg

"From today, you may not smoke marijuana in the city of Amsterdam on the street. These rules are targeting the nuisance of tourist, yet also apply to residents."

These new regulations are part of a policy to control the racket of tourist in Amsterdam. The city has become a shit show. The cackling and squealing tourist are disrupting residents making everyone sick. The city has threatened to move the Red Light district to Rai and prohibit the sell of cannabis products too tourist if the nuisance is not controlled. There are large amounts of money being made in both the sex work industry and coffee shops; that may soon all be gone if these businesses fail to control the nuisance caused by tourists.

I was under the impression that it was always like this?

When I visited in '08 I remember all the tourist information telling you it was not OK to smoke in public. Nonetheless I saw quite a few of my fellow Americans and some Brits being brazen, and just being disrespectful/loud.

Shortly after my visit I remember some girl died after taking mushrooms and jumping off a bridge. They briefly banned tourists (?) altogether from buying weed or smartshop products, but that was quickly rescinded or never enforced.