• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Amphetamines to work out?

shadowstryker

Bluelighter
I used to be a bodybuilder before I got mixed up with drugs. After a heroin habit (haven't given it up yet, but too broke to afford more) I lost a lot of weight. I used to weigh around 165lbs, pretty much pure muscle, and now I'm way down to 120lbs now. I've tried going back to the gym several times recently but I can never get the motivation to go. I've contemplated steroids to help me get back to my former self, but now I'm also wondering if amphetamines (like adderall or vyvanse) could help me with the motivation to start going to the gym again. Would it be too much of a strain on the heart if someone were to use amphetamines every day before they work out?

Terrible idea to rely on adderal to get you motivation to work out..with exercise if you don't have dedication then it's not gonna work..relying on stims isn't gonna work long term..you gotta find motivation from within and yeah it gets harder the older u get

Yeah it's bad for the heart. Just start slow and eat a lot of stuff if you are trying to get back into it. It's not worth the dangers to your heart and mind in the slightest.

As the above posters said, don't do it, it's not worth the risk of heart problems..

I dont like how it makes my heart race. I have use many pre-workouts which IMO give me a better effect for working out. When i work out on adderall/other amphetamines i honestly think about about to die half the time. could just be me though. stick to C4 or NO-Xplode brudah

I've got a lot of experience with pre-workout, it just doesn't do the trick anymore. I have so little motivation to work out yet I hate how much weight I've lost since I started using heroin.

No, hundreds of people died exercising on ephedra from heart effects

ehh lets not get carried away now..

motivation to workout has to come internally..try to watch boxing, mma or workout videos, that might help motivation..honestly i lift for the rush these days more than looking like superman..