• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Amphetamines and Xanax - Thoughts, Words, Experiences?

MachineGunBallad

Bluelighter
Hello - ive just come across the marvelous synergy of these two chemicals. i am aware that this could put some strain on my heart, mixing uppers with downers, but what exactly are the risks of this? Though I am quite aware of the addictive potential of these chemicals, I do not have an addictive personality and my indulgence in this combination would be sporadic, most likely in times of serious stress (tis the season for school and women, the most pressure for academics (finals), and the commencement of the mating season (or the end for some, unfortunately like myself)). Anyways, I am currently enjoying these chemicals, thought since the world was asleep, I could find some other minds to speak to over the interweb.

dans les tranchees profondes d'un monde dormant.....

Xanax and amphetamines. Good champagne and lush jazz and overpriced seafood.

There's many doctors who will say that the combination is ridiculous because an anxiogenic and an anxiolytic cancel one another out. Such doctors are feebleminded.

Hardcore psychiatrists love this combination. It's the perfect 'stabilizer' if you find the right dose.
Xanax takes the edge off the amphetamine, and the amphetamine brusquely shakes up the Xanax so that both work together to bring genuine bliss. There are other cocktails of bliss out there, but this one I consider classic. Perfect. Enjoy...

but yea it's addictive of course. It makes music more alive, and makes the process of interpretation [of the artistic sort if you're into that] quite unusual. In terms of the mating season, it might make one a bit too promiscuous...lowered inhibitions and increased libido. You might mate with some odd bird and find mild regret afterwards.

Pretty sure it's fine seeing as how they give IV benzos for stimulant overdoses in the hospital. It's opiates that you wanna stay away from on stims.

Hate doing any sort of stim without xanax for the comedown (or in meth's case, during). If it won't knock you out it'll take out the anxiety/bad feelings that stims produce.

Klonopins = good for a day of tweak, hold a couple under your tongue when you start smoking
Xanax = good to knock your ass out after a long night, if you have a low tolerance 1-1.5mg will knock you out even if you're twacked as shit. If that doesn't work have a couple beers..

I don't know, mixing uppers and downers together, I would imagine effect the heart poorly. Considering, amphetamines speed up the heart, while benzos slow down the heart.

My suggestion, Take the speed first, then take the benzos for the comedown.

I am currently prescribed both medications for ADD/GAD and find the combination to work great. Like others have stated you get the euphoria/productiveness(if thats what your looking for) of the Adderall and the Xanax takes the edge/jitters/many of the negative side effects of the Adderall, while the major depressant effects of the Xanax are taken away, it still provides the desired anxiolytic effect. I also find that toleration to both drugs stays in check for me, is this the case for anyone else?

dans les tranchees profondes d'un monde dormant.....

Xanax and amphetamines. Good champagne and lush jazz and overpriced seafood.

There's many doctors who will say that the combination is ridiculous because an anxiogenic and an anxiolytic cancel one another out. Such doctors are feebleminded.

Hardcore psychiatrists love this combination. It's the perfect 'stabilizer' if you find the right dose.
Xanax takes the edge off the amphetamine, and the amphetamine brusquely shakes up the Xanax so that both work together to bring genuine bliss. There are other cocktails of bliss out there, but this one I consider classic. Perfect. Enjoy...

but yea it's addictive of course. It makes music more alive, and makes the process of interpretation [of the artistic sort if you're into that] quite unusual. In terms of the mating season, it might make one a bit too promiscuous...lowered inhibitions and increased libido. You might mate with some odd bird and find mild regret afterwards.

agreed, nice response.

Physically this is a safe combo, there is nothing wrong with mixing uppers and downers, in fact it is far safer than mixing downers with more downers or uppers with more uppers. The later actually being very bad for your cardiovascular system (stimulant combos). On the contrary using a benzo while on amphetamines mitigates some neurotoxicity and calms the negative PNS side effects which beat your body up. The other thing to consider is that both drugs are relatively difficult to OD on individually and in combination. So this is really a very safe combo from a physical standpoint.

Now the flip side of this is that both stimulants and particularly benzos cause alot of rebound anxiety in many users. So this may not be the most mentally healthy combination. And finally there is the major caveat of adding alcohol to the mix as most of us like to do either during or after an amphetamine run. The residual stimulation can lead you to drink more than you normally would which could be fatal when combined with xanax, particularly once the amphetamine had completely worn off (long after yous top feeling its effects mentally).

This has been very informative, did a google search to find out whether the two are dangerous and it was answered fairly equivocally here. Getting ready for an massive study session.

I'd like to reinforce theworldwithin's point about xanax and alcohol. I was on a tour which involved a lot of flying (of which I'm deathly afraid) so I was on a lot of xanax. I had 3mg on the flight from melbourne to sydney and a few hours later after most of the effects had worn off I started drinking, I thought I would be safe because my doctor said that xanax had a short half-life. Anyway after 3 - 6 beers I got supremely tired and lost all recollection of the night, I ended up passing out and being completely unrousable (people tried pretty hard) for about 4 hours - which is medically described as a coma. Had I consumed much more alcohol I dare say I would have been in a lot more trouble.

^^
xanax does decrease your short term memory, so not sure if i'd take the xanax if i were planning on a massive study session.

It's so bad for you and risky but I love it . In order to feel certain drugs I mix them . I've mixed alcohol with heroin and pills and methodone . Just be careful you feel like shit after that . Especially doin coke drinking and heroin

weekend addiction, I love your posts.

I think this is a good combination in the short term, but you now have stimulant and benz related problems.

Yeah... it's safe enough but be fucking careful about addiction. I got addicted to this combo (taking xanax to sleep and using speed during the day), ended up in the ICU when the drugs ran out. The moment you start getting notable tolerance to either one is a sign that addiction might be starting.

One thing most people don't say about these two is the amount of weight you quickly put on as soon as you give a break. :\

IME, and from my observations, this is a very good feeling combination but often ends badly. I mean really, blacking out but at the same time being spun?

People consider a benzo and stim combo to be pointless cause they cancel each other put but for swim they synergize quite well. The negative effects of the stim such as the edginess and just being too zooted gets smoothed out by the relaxing effects of the benzo. It almost feels like mdma at the right dose if your tolerance isn't fucked (for swim around 30 mg addy and 2 mg alprazolam or clonazapam). And if swim takes a few bong rips while I'm peaked, it can be one hell of a feeling. However if one does this combo for a prolonged period of time it can have serious psychological side effects. Coming off these two can be a depression/anxiety recipe for disaster not to mention it's terrible for your heart. Be safe