• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Amphetamines and weight loss

Bad_Boy_Blue

Bluelighter
Amongst many steroid-users, recreational drugs seem to be somewhat of a taboo. Amphetamines are form of recreational drug and hence it is difficult for me to find any information on the use of speed for fat loss.

Does anyone know how you could use amphetamines in a controlled and effective manner for fat loss, in conjunction with a standard cutting cycle of steroids?

Dextroamphetamine used to be available as "dexatrim" ...eventually the addictive nature of the substance became readily apparent and over-the-counter amphetamines were no more.. However, let it be known that amphetamines are *extremely* effective for weight loss. Tolerance and moderation are obvious problems, however... but if you ask someone who has been prescribed amphetamines for ADD, most will tell you that they lose weight when they first go on the drugs, and generally have an easier time maintaining it as long as they stay on them.

However.. amphetamines (and all stimulants to a varying degree) are known for their tendency to lead to nutrient depletion with extensive use. If you intend to use them with steroids, which also clearly reprioritize your body's usage of nutrients, I would take extra care to make sure your nutrient levels do not get too low. Between the energy enhancing effects of amphetamines and the strength-enhancing and recovery-time reduction effects of steroids, i could see some problems arising. Also, I don't know a ton about steroids, but i know that they have the tendency to increase growth of the heart muscle.. and amphetamines will increase your heart rate and blood pressure (which may not mix well with the intense bodily stress of bodybuilding)... I'm not an expert, this is just what comes to mind at first.

only problem is when you stop taking speed, and eat everything in sight like a starved ethiopian. it might just be me, but when i stop an addictive drug ill eat a hell of a lot of crap to compensate for its absence... so the weight tends to come back with a vengance in my case.

maybe if i spent some of those tweeked hours working out a way to eat properly then it would be alot more effective... eating right and exercise is the only way to reduce weight long term, starving yourself wont work. but yeah, speed will definately melf off fat like a hot fire in the short term

Hmm...not specifically about amphetamines but...

Meth and Exercise

Dieting with Drug-a good one.

Oh, and BBB in answer to your PM a week or so back, no sorry not a clue, I barely use any drugs nowadays. Your pm box is full.

Xenoc said:
Dextroamphetamine used to be available as "dexatrim"

HAHAHAHAHA! Thank you for the good laugh

Dextroamphetamine was never over-the-counter and deffinitly not in dex-a-trim which is an ephedrine product, which now is natural dex-a-trim which does not contain ephedrine. However, (l)amphetamine was available in an inhaler back in the 60's or something.

amphetamine timeline

taken from erowid...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jan 18, 1887 Amphetamine was first synthesized by German chemist L. Edeleano and originally named phenylisopropylamine. It was then largely forgotten for the next 40 years.

1919 Methamphetamine is first synthesized by Japanese scientist A. Ogata.

1930 Amphetamine was discovered to increase blood pressure.

1932 Amphetamine is first marketed as 'benzedrine' by Smith, Kline & French, in an over-the-counter inhaler to treat congestion.

1935 Amphetamine's stimulant effect is first recognized and physicians successfully use it to treat narcolepsy.

1937 Amphetamine is first approved by the American Medical Association for sale in tablet form. It is sold by prescription for use in the treatment of narcolepsy and ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder).
World War II Both Amphetamine and Methamphetamine are widely distributed to soldiers to help improve performance. This led to addiction problems in Japan after the war.

1940 Methamphetamine is marketed under the trade name "Methedrine" by Burroughs Wellcome.

1942 Dextro-amphetamine and methamphetamine become commonly available.

1950 - 1953 U.S. dispenses amphetamine to troops in Korea.

1954 Height of the Japanese amphetamine epidemic. There are estimated to be over 2 million amphetamine users in a population of 88.5 million.

1959 First report of IV injection of contents from Benzedrine inhalers.

1963 Illicit speed production begins when the Attorney General of California requests that injectable ampules be removed from the market.

1960's Methamphetamine use rises in the United States.

1970 Amphetamine becomes schedule II in the U.S. with the passage of the 'U.S. Drug Abuse Regulation and Control Act of 1970'. This makes it illegal to possess without a prescription.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bad_Boy_Blue said:
Amongst many steroid-users, recreational drugs seem to be somewhat of a taboo. Amphetamines are form of recreational drug and hence it is difficult for me to find any information on the use of speed for fat loss.

Does anyone know how you could use amphetamines in a controlled and effective manner for fat loss, in conjunction with a standard cutting cycle of steroids?
Why don't you try clenbuterol or salbutamol alone, or in combination with thyroid hormones first. You're still a novice in terms of steroid cycling, take things one step at a time IMHO mate.

Are you looking at using speed because you have exhausted other avenues for fat loss? Or because you know it gives you a buzz? Personally I don't mind either way lol, but it's something you may like to answer for yourself.

Yes speed is good for fat loss IME. I prefer other drugs for fat loss though, because speed tends to be exhausting after prolonged use (clearly you don't want to be exhausted when trying to lose fat). You can use it any way you like.

Speed can be somewhat addictive BTW, in case you're interested.

p.s. I find the best way to lose fat is to reduce energy intake.

Good luck with your cycle mate.

Have your seen requiem for a dream? oh man, i could see myself ending up as the mother.

well amphetamines is great for weight loss, but the dose required for appetite suppression wouldnt be nearly as much as recreational doses.

I know a guy, who did amphetamine like he drink water. He did many grams a day. He got good dealer, who gave it away almost no price. Somewhere 200g of amphetamine. Now, when he is older(few years have past), he don't weight much and is very "skinny". His brother is one year younger and weights twice as his brother. He didn't do it for weight loss... it was recreational use. So amphetamine do cause dramatic weight loss.

I don't know how it would work in controlled manner to loss weight but sure it does do it. Like above poster said, you have to do as much as you want to get good high. So you would need recreational dose to do the work.

Belive me, there much better ways to do it. Like something more natural.

botaanik said:
Somewhere 200g of amphetamine.

Ummm...in his life? Did he finish off 200 grams in his life and how would you or him know the exact dose? Or is this just some made-up story? 200 grams of meth would kill you.

botaanik also you dont need to do as much as u would need to get high because the above poster said it would be less...

and K'd i think he means he bought 200g amp's....

This may get a better response in Steroid Discussion. I don't know much about using steroids for mass gain, but I would be concerned that concurrent amphetamine use may have a counterproductive effect.

this isn't made up story... he didn't do it alone. there were atleast 4-5 of them who did it. and there was 2-3 partys where were atleast 17-20 people who did it.

why da hell do make up something like this. he didn't do it in week more of months.

Orlando said:
I don't know much about using steroids for mass gain, but I would be concerned that concurrent amphetamine use may have a counterproductive effect.

Speed is similar to ephedrine in that it is a beta-2 adrenergic receptor agonist. Therefore it would have potent anti-catabolic/muscle-sparing effects.

Sometimes in a cutting cycle you have to use compounds that are not conducive to building pure mass e.g. high doses of T3, clen, an ECA stack even etc.

Bad_Boy_Blue said:
Speed is similar to ephedrine in that it is a beta-2 adrenergic receptor agonist. Therefore it would have potent anti-catabolic/muscle-sparing effects.
Really? What makes you say this?

Beta 2 agonists promote vasodilation (opening of the arteries and veins). The only problem I see, it that it's also a beta 1 agonist (heart rate). So, any benefit from increased blood flow is lost in heart rate. The only way to combat that would be with a selective beta 1 antagonist (something like Toprol), and that is a VERY bad idea. Not only would you lose most of the metabolic enhancement, you run the risk of irregular heart beat.

Anyway, I don't know what the hell I'm talking about, so I'll shut up now. :)

Also, I'm a reasonable big guy (6" 220) and I lost about 15 pounds in a week from taking Adderall. I felt like hell. I simple could not bring myself to eat. Not even after I stopped. It's like it permanently damaged my appetite. All in all, I'd save the speed for fun and find something else for fat loss. While it's potent at burning body fat, few can handle it's side effects for long periods, even at low doses.

Adrock74 said:
Beta 2 agonists promote vasodilation (opening of the arteries and veins). The only problem I see, it that it's also a beta 1 agonist (heart rate).

Why would this be a problem?!