• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Amphetamines and weight loss

Cocaine is also a very strong beta-2 adrenergic receptor agonist. Although I wouldn't use it for performance-enhancing purposes!

K'dOUTinAZ said:
HAHAHAHAHA! Thank you for the good laugh

Dextroamphetamine was never over-the-counter and deffinitly not in dex-a-trim which is an ephedrine product, which now is natural dex-a-trim which does not contain ephedrine. However, (l)amphetamine was available in an inhaler back in the 60's or something.

I recommend you do some research. You are incorrect. In fact, I'll do it for you:

http://www.a1b2c3.com/drugs/amp01.htm

"In the United States in the 1950s, legally manufactured tablets of both dextroamphetamine (Dexedrine) and methamphetamine (Methedrine) became readily available and were used non medically by college students, truck drivers, and athletes."

It just so happens that dex-a-trim contained dextroamphetamine at the time as well.

Xenoc said:
I recommend you do some research. You are incorrect. In fact, I'll do it for you:

http://www.a1b2c3.com/drugs/amp01.htm

"In the United States in the 1950s, legally manufactured tablets of both dextroamphetamine (Dexedrine) and methamphetamine (Methedrine) became readily available and were used non medically by college students, truck drivers, and athletes."

It just so happens that dex-a-trim contained dextroamphetamine at the time as well.

You still have proven me absolutly fucking nothing. Dextroamphetamine was never an OTC medication!! Neither was methamphetamine. Only (l)amphetamine was OTC and there never was a medication called Dex-A-Trim that contained dextro. Readily available and legal means...

1950 - 1953 U.S. dispenses amphetamine to troops in Korea.

And only our troops....

Provide a source that mentions a specific brand name O-T-C dextroamphetamine if you want to hold your ground on this one. Providing a source that Dex-A-Trim specifically contained dextroamphetamine would be nice also 8). Dex-A-Trim originally was an ephedrine based weight loss medication that used a marketing scheme to make it sound like the d-amphetamine based Dexedrine.

The only O-T-C medication that contained amphetamine was the Benzedrine Inhaler.

I submit, you're correct. Apparently there's a lot of people who have the same false information, including some I know who were alive during the era, but are apparently mistaken. That's what I get for listening to people instead of doing beyond the bare minimum of research. Sorry for the pseudo-confrontation. *sigh* I'm not usually this impulsive with my drug knowledge.

Does anyone else realise, that using speed is highly dangerous when used on top of exersizing? It works your heart way too hard.

yayo said:
Does anyone else realise, that using speed is highly dangerous when used on top of exersizing? It works your heart way too hard.

I wouldn' say it's safe, but I don't think that it is particularly dangerous if the doses used aren't excessive and you don't have any pre-existing heart/blood pressure problems (as with ephedrine).

yayo said:

It is prescribed in moderate doses without patients being told to avoid exercise. I don't think that the implication of the initial post in this thread was one of recreational dosage.

In fact, ephedra is arguably harder on the heart than a theraputic dose of amphetamine in combination with exercise.

Extremely rigid dose restriction... even lower doses than one would be prescribed for ADD. At reasonable doses it is most useful as an anorexiant, meaning primarily it is worthwhile for appetite suppression.. I suspect, although I could wrong, that any thermogenic benefits would be minimal at low doses, especially once tolerance builds. Dosing an hour prior to meals would be effective, probably.

Of course, I'm reading "effective and safe" here. The higher the dose, the more "effective" it will be. You'll never meet a fat meth addict. :)

I've read that amphetamines burn indiscriminately both fat AND muscle... just something worth knowing I suppose.

I could see that definitely being true in high doses, certainly...

Dexedrine is the absolute best of all for weight loss. I've been anorexic for over ten years now & have subsequently tried every variation of amp.s that I could get my hands on in order to melt the pounds off further, and without a doubt dexxys are king of the hill. The major bonus with dexedrine is that there is hardy any comedown as opposed to something like charlie, which always makes me feel like shit after about an hour. Don't get me wrong, coke is great at shutting off the appetite, but dexxys give me a massive energy buzz for a good few hours before eventually I just collapse in a tired heap. Cocaine always makes me feel sick after a hour or two, and then I usually have to eat something to make me feel less nauseaus, which kinda defeats the purpose of doing the lines in the first place.
So if you can get your hands on some dexedrine then I strongly recommend it to help slim down .... ;-):)

sure, you'll lose weight with AMP, but not a good idea with BB'rs as you'll lose too much muscle as well.