• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Amphetamines (Adderall, Dexedrine, Vyvanse) discussion split off from clonazepam thread

Mycophile

Bluelighter
LOL! My bad bro! Hey you gotta chill and have a kpin, yeah i dont know why i thought you were op, maybe because you got so offended ive never seem a replier get so offended

Yeah it's ok LOL.

I am in a bad state of mind and shit's not going great right now and I freaked out more than I should.

I am hungover and on dexadrine and it's giving me like amphetamine rage and I over reacted, but I still feel kind of annoyed at HoldBack not for taking the time to realize he was talking about someone else.

O
Yeah it's ok LOL.

I am in a bad state of mind and shit's not going great right now and I freaked out more than I should.

I am hungover and on dexadrine and it's giving me like amphetamine rage and I over reacted, but I still feel kind of annoyed at HoldBack not for taking the time to realize he was talking about someone else.
Well hey, atleast we can debate dex vs addy do you find you get this irritable almost pesky edge after an hour or two from your initial dose?

O

Well hey, atleast we can debate dex vs addy do you find you get this irritable almost pesky edge after an hour or two from your initial dose?

Not usually.

I'm trying to quit and shouldn't have taken any but I took too much and drank too much coffee to try to combat a hangover and it just ended up bad lol.

It's ok I overreacted.

I think everyone just needs to look at who they are responding to LOL, but I could have made the same mistake.

We all get in those moods where we snap easily, or at least some of us do, but I don't usually go that overboard so sorry.

I assume that percojerk also thought I was the OP, so @percojerk, sorry I overreacted, as long as you just know that I'm not the OP.
Yep alls good, we're both herptyderptys, lets blame the amps

Not usually.

I'm trying to quit and shouldn't have taken any but I took too much and drank too much coffee to try to combat a hangover and it just ended up bad lol.
Oh gosh i dunno how you handle the added caffeine to the stims ^^ ive been told dex is much cleaner similar to vyvanse but still being an active chemical, closer to addys, i think i react poorly to the L-amp (the speedy bit of addy) although i wonder how it compares vs d-amp alone without L/amphetamine in the combo

The brains an interesting machine, i used to throw crushed addy into my coffee, now it gives me this horrible edge that i can only compare to mild opiate withdrawal where funnily enough the only thing that evens it out are benzos or opiates buuut that then makes me take more amps and here i am 2 days later, on the bright side i forgot to take my morphine this morning till 1 pm so im ahead of those fuckers by a good 5 hours muhaha

Oh gosh i dunno how you handle the added caffeine to the stims ^^ ive been told dex is much cleaner similar to vyvanse but still being an active chemical, closer to addys, i think i react poorly to the L-amp (the speedy bit of addy) although i wonder how it compares vs d-amp alone without L/amphetamine in the combo

The brains an interesting machine, i used to throw crushed addy into my coffee, now it gives me this horrible edge that i can only compare to mild opiate withdrawal where funnily enough the only thing that evens it out are benzos or opiates buuut that then makes me take more amps and here i am 2 days later, on the bright side i forgot to take my morphine this morning till 1 pm so im ahead of those fuckers by a good 5 hours muhaha

I don't know if I find Dex cleaner than Vyvanse but I do find it cleaner than Adderall and prefer it without the L-Amp but I have been using too much and decided to quit and went 15 days without but found a few I had left over and used them when I should have thrown them out.

I only have like 3 more and should throw those out too but we'll see if I do or not but either way I'm stopping this stuff.

Yeah, it makes me edgy too so I will take Kratom to even it out, which I also have been doing too much of and need to stop I think.

I think I'm gonna watch some TV lol.

Peace.

Aaand in the morning someone like us'll come along and ask wtf we're talking about

I don't know if I find Dex cleaner than Vyvanse but I do find it cleaner than Adderall and prefer it without the L-Amp but I have been using too much and decided to quit and went 15 days without but found a few I had left over and used them when I should have thrown them out.

I only have like 3 more and should throw those out too but we'll see if I do or not but either way I'm stopping this stuff.

Yeah, it makes me edgy too so I will take Kratom to even it out, which I also have been doing too much of and need to stop I think.

I think I'm gonna watch some TV lol.

Peace.
"A few" i took this pic a week ago and thats only half of em =p but i dont use amps everyday been using more frequently, was typically only hoarding them to use occasionally as popping an amp for me (not advisable) while coming down from crack when im not ready for a benzo to end my ride is a nicer alternative and as long as i cap those doses to 30-60mg i have a smoother comedown later

Enjoy your tv! Im watching pirates of the caribbean for the 3rd time in 2 days, i dont think ive seen the whole movie without getting up to do 100 things though

ive been told dex is much cleaner similar to vyvanse but still being an active chemical, closer to addys, i think i react poorly to the L-amp (the speedy bit of addy) although i wonder how it compares vs d-amp alone without L/amphetamine in the combo

Vyvanse is lisdexamphetamine which is just a prodrug for dexamphetamine. That's why it comes in capsules instead of waxy or coated time release tablets even though it's a time release medication. The time release is not in the pill, but rather in the actual drug itself. Vyvanse is a prodrug so the actual drug inside the caps is not active at all, it needs to be metabolised into dexamphetamine to become active. That's also why snorting Vyvanse doesn't work. The metabolism only happens orally. So snorting it just means you snort inactive powder (although you get a little in the drip, but still, it won't kick in quicker and you're basically just wasting drugs).

This is why it's become more widely prescribed, because it is harder to abuse compared to IR amphetamine which is easy to just crush and put up your nose. You'd need a lab and chemistry knowledge to bypass the time release of Vyvanse as you'd need to turn it into dexamphetamine outside the body by removing the lysine molecule.

Anyway point is the feeling of the two is basically the same once they peak. The Vyvanse only works once it metabolises into dexamphetamine, so all the active effects are from dexamphetamine that's just being metabolised slowly in your body as lysine molecule added to it is removed.

The main differences come from the obvious lack of time release in regular dexamphetamine. So it kicks in faster and has a shorter duration.

Personally I have been prescribed both and found both to be effective for ADHD and to be clean stims. However the nature of Vyvanse's reliance on metabolism means that some days it's stronger and long lasting, other days it's weak and lasts only a few hours, and you have to wait two hours for it to kick in to find out if it was gonna work properly that day.

This eventually got on my nerves so I asked my doc for regular dexamphetamine instead. It feels the same as Vyvanse did when it actually worked properly, and has much more consistent effects since I'm not relying on a prodrug metabolising into the active drug. It does vary in effects by day, I think all amphetamines do, but by a much smaller margin, and in any case if my normal dose is weak that day I find it out within 30-40 mins not 2 hours and I can redose it without the duration being so long I can't sleep that night.

Oh and to actually answer the OP... clonazepam is known to cause compulsive redosing and blackouts in some people, since you're obviously one of them why not speak to your doc about moving to a different benzo?

As for the discussion about benzos leaving you feel sober if you have anxiety... nah, this is bollocks imo. It's like when you hear people say if ADHD meds make you focus it means you have ADHD... and I have heard this even from psychiatrists... it's bullshit, stims make anyone focus.

Likewise a benzo is still a benzo if you have anxiety, a lot of this is dose dependent but you would still blackout from eating too many pills of clonazepam if you have anxiety for example, and you also will have delusions of sobriety even if you have anxiety too. If anything I think benzos are more euphoric if you have anxiety because the sudden anxiety relief when benzos kick in during a moment of bad anxiety, especially a panic attack, is a high in itself. Whereas someone without anxiety takes benzos and just feels sleepy and forgetful. They also need to take high doses to get any effect that can be considered recreational. But if you got anxiety, a therapeutic dose that works to relieve your anxiety still gets you that lovely feeling of relief.

@Zonxx and @Mycophile
Can you continue your conversation about amphetaimes on a thread that is not about benzo use?

Not trying to be rude but I want to stay on topic.

Many thanks,
Mr. Deeds

Sorry, I didn't even realize we'd gone off topic.

Well, we aren't talking about it anymore.

I was in a bad mood last night and then got pissed off cause HoldBack seemed to not realize that I was not the OP who had trouble moderating with his Klonopin and was addressing me telling me I didn't use it medicinally and that I used too much.

Anyways, I would assume he realizes now that I am not the OP?

Either way, I don't have anything more to say in this thread really.

Vyvanse is lisdexamphetamine which is just a prodrug for dexamphetamine. That's why it comes in capsules instead of waxy or coated time release tablets even though it's a time release medication. The time release is not in the pill, but rather in the actual drug itself. Vyvanse is a prodrug so the actual drug inside the caps is not active at all, it needs to be metabolised into dexamphetamine to become active. That's also why snorting Vyvanse doesn't work. The metabolism only happens orally. So snorting it just means you snort inactive powder (although you get a little in the drip, but still, it won't kick in quicker and you're basically just wasting drugs).

This is why it's become more widely prescribed, because it is harder to abuse compared to IR amphetamine which is easy to just crush and put up your nose. You'd need a lab and chemistry knowledge to bypass the time release of Vyvanse as you'd need to turn it into dexamphetamine outside the body by removing the lysine molecule.

Anyway point is the feeling of the two is basically the same once they peak. The Vyvanse only works once it metabolises into dexamphetamine, so all the active effects are from dexamphetamine that's just being metabolised slowly in your body as lysine molecule added to it is removed.

The main differences come from the obvious lack of time release in regular dexamphetamine. So it kicks in faster and has a shorter duration.

Personally I have been prescribed both and found both to be effective for ADHD and to be clean stims. However the nature of Vyvanse's reliance on metabolism means that some days it's stronger and long lasting, other days it's weak and lasts only a few hours, and you have to wait two hours for it to kick in to find out if it was gonna work properly that day.

This eventually got on my nerves so I asked my doc for regular dexamphetamine instead. It feels the same as Vyvanse did when it actually worked properly, and has much more consistent effects since I'm not relying on a prodrug metabolising into the active drug. It does vary in effects by day, I think all amphetamines do, but by a much smaller margin, and in any case if my normal dose is weak that day I find it out within 30-40 mins not 2 hours and I can redose it without the duration being so long I can't sleep that night.

Oh and to actually answer the OP... clonazepam is known to cause compulsive redosing and blackouts in some people, since you're obviously one of them why not speak to your doc about moving to a different benzo?

As for the discussion about benzos leaving you feel sober if you have anxiety... nah, this is bollocks imo. It's like when you hear people say if ADHD meds make you focus it means you have ADHD... and I have heard this even from psychiatrists... it's bullshit, stims make anyone focus.

Likewise a benzo is still a benzo if you have anxiety, a lot of this is dose dependent but you would still blackout from eating too many pills of clonazepam if you have anxiety for example, and you also will have delusions of sobriety even if you have anxiety too. If anything I think benzos are more euphoric if you have anxiety because the sudden anxiety relief when benzos kick in during a moment of bad anxiety, especially a panic attack, is a high in itself. Whereas someone without anxiety takes benzos and just feels sleepy and forgetful. They also need to take high doses to get any effect that can be considered recreational. But if you got anxiety, a therapeutic dose that works to relieve your anxiety still gets you that lovely feeling of relief.
He/whoever??????? could alternatively use Pregabalin (id say gabapentin too but from experience pentin can really fuck you up if you take too much VS pregabalin being MUCH MUCH more effective, infact i can safely eat 500-1500mg and take the anxiety edge / abit of the over stim feels off of amps using pregabalin it is by far my most worshipped drug when using pretty much any stimulant, while the clonazepam is stronger and you are correct can cause blackout, any gabaergic drug can have the potential to cause a blackout so thats a risk of using them in large amounts which isn't 100% neccesary

edit - running out of pregabalin sucks ass for the record.

He/whoever??????? could alternatively use Pregabalin (id say gabapentin too but from experience pentin can really fuck you up if you take too much VS pregabalin being MUCH MUCH more effective, infact i can safely eat 500-1500mg and take the anxiety edge / abit of the over stim feels off of amps using pregabalin it is by far my most worshipped drug when using pretty much any stimulant, while the clonazepam is stronger and you are correct can cause blackout, any gabaergic drug can have the potential to cause a blackout so thats a risk of using them in large amounts which isn't 100% neccesary

edit - running out of pregabalin sucks ass for the record.

Used to be scripted pregabalin and it does work to take the edge off stims but for me personally it also gets me very fucked up, way more than any pharma benzo (and I've tried all the ones you can get in the UK or US plus a couple more), and the withdrawal is also way worse than any benzo in my experience even high doses like 3-4mg alprazolam. I also find I become dependent and build tolerance way faster than any benzo.

This happened to me even at therapeutic doses. I was on 300mg a day of pregabalin at my peak because that's what my psychiatrist put me up to. I then tapered down at my own pace and still felt horrible. When I jumped off it fully I had daily rebound anxiety, opiate-like withdrawals e.g. sweating and feeling like I have a bad flu, and I could not sleep at all for at least a week without potent benzos.

Considering I take my scripted stims daily most weeks, I definitely don't want to get back into that pattern of use again with the pregabalin. It is a very good combo, but I paid dearly. With 1-2mg clonazepam per day the effect is much more subtle but so is the withdrawal when I take tolerance breaks and it does a perfect job of taking the edge off stims.

I would be curious to try gabapentin instead since it's far less potent it's probably not nearly as bad, but tbh I am happy with where I am with the clonazepam.

@Wilson Wilson
Much appreciated good sir!

Many thanks,
Mr. Deeds

No worries mate :)

Used to be scripted pregabalin and it does work to take the edge off stims but for me personally it also gets me very fucked up, way more than any pharma benzo (and I've tried all the ones you can get in the UK or US plus a couple more), and the withdrawal is also way worse than any benzo in my experience even high doses like 3-4mg alprazolam. I also find I become dependent and build tolerance way faster than any benzo.

This happened to me even at therapeutic doses. I was on 300mg a day of pregabalin at my peak because that's what my psychiatrist put me up to. I then tapered down at my own pace and still felt horrible. When I jumped off it fully I had daily rebound anxiety, opiate-like withdrawals e.g. sweating and feeling like I have a bad flu, and I could not sleep at all for at least a week without potent benzos.

Considering I take my scripted stims daily most weeks, I definitely don't want to get back into that pattern of use again with the pregabalin. It is a very good combo, but I paid dearly. With 1-2mg clonazepam per day the effect is much more subtle but so is the withdrawal when I take tolerance breaks and it does a perfect job of taking the edge off stims.

I would be curious to try gabapentin instead since it's far less potent it's probably not nearly as bad, but tbh I am happy with where I am with the clonazepam.

No worries mate :)
unfortunately from my experience (and i am sorta against gabapentin because of it HOWEVER it can be used in smaller doses alongside pregabalin to potentiate pregaba efficiently) but, the dose to aquire the anxiety relief and what not that we are speaking of is higher and higher doses of specifically gabapentin have the effect of DESTROYING your coordination, basically 900+mg (but if youre just taking them for relief and not to counter stim, it may benefit you to some degree but alass, pregabalin is the superior form to pentin) it'll help, at the cost of more or less making your body feel like youve drank alcohol and sorta fuck ya up worse than pregab can do, the worst pregabalin can do is cause blackouts in my opinion i haven't encountered any other ill-effects even with doses upwards of 2,000mg but it should be noted nobody should be starting pregabalin taking that high a dose, pregabalin has a bioavailability of close to 100% vs pentins 30ish%
i guess thats just my say on pentin ive had bad experiences with it and again to the level of relief we're talking about to even achieve the equivilent of 1mg clonazepam would be id say 1200-1600mg and those doses destroy your coordination believe me, and it's BAD when you're fumbling around yet your mind is more or less clear

ps. i oddly haven't experienced any withdrawal symptoms using pregabalin at high doses for several days in a row (never use it every single day so theres that perhaps) but i guess like ANY drug thats taken everyday the body accustoms and adapts to create a new 'normal'

It's strange with me. On vyvanse I'm normal. Act normal, seem normal, and just have massive amounts of energy. If I take adderall I look like I am tweaking out of my mind. Vyvanse 50mg. Adderall 20mg.

It's strange with me. On vyvanse I'm normal. Act normal, seem normal, and just have massive amounts of energy. If I take adderall I look like I am tweaking out of my mind. Vyvanse 50mg. Adderall 20mg.
L-amp. aswell as actual amphetamine included in the adderall salts my friend :) some are very sensitive to the l-amp it is more or less the direct "speed" form of amphetamine while d-amp is more dopaminergic
and vyvanse is 100% metabolized into dextroamphetamine (d-amp)
aswell adderall packs a larger kick being an active chemical you get what youre taking rather than relying on your metabolism to convert the lisdexamphetamine (vyvanse) into d-amp

L-amp. aswell as actual amphetamine included in the adderall salts my friend :) some are very sensitive to the l-amp it is more or less the direct "speed" form of amphetamine while d-amp is more dopaminergic
Makes sense! Thanks for the knowledge!

it'll help, at the cost of more or less making your body feel like youve drank alcohol and sorta fuck ya up worse than pregab can do

It's weird because this is exactly how pregabs make me feel. My whole body is wobbly and numb and I feel very drunk.