• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Amphetamine - The Drug You Learn to Hate

Luckily, taking an extended break can reset tolerance to a huge degree. Might never be like the first time again, but it's a helluva lot better than being stuck in stages 4-8.

I find it helpful to switch from a dopamine-releasing stimulant (2-FMA, 2-FA) to a norepinephrine one like phentermine every couple weeks.

i hate it. the entire day goes by and i get nothing accomplished. i just sit in the same spot for hours. i must've taken 90 mg of IR today-- and i feel nothing. i felt more motivated by wellbutrin xl.

This guide of steps actually helped my fiancee and I get clean off of amphetamines.
Very very helpful.

It's evil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it's not abused its not

Last edited:
This is a very good post and it elucidates perfectly the attitude i've had for amphetamines all along - they are always tools, never a drug to get you high. When used medicinally, at low medical doses you will never develop a significant tolerance to them. However, when abused at high doses and binged-use they will fuck you up like no other drug.

I can confirm this from personal experience having a prescription for MPH which I use on and off as needed. During periods where I would use my prescription I eventually develop a tolerance(mostly to the negative side effects) which reverses completely after I stop taking it. I also have experience with medical Meth(this includes Desoxyn pills as well as very high grade illegal d-meth) use where I developed a tolerance after using low oral doses for a few days which also reversed completely when I stopped taking it. I used Meth this way on three different occasions and every time I picked it up again the effects felt as potent and as wholistic as they did the very first time. I might also add that it was damned effective for it's intended use.

I still fondly remember my first few encounters with street speed, (amphetamine) which is a well known and widely used street drug around here unlike in the US where it comes in prescribed pill form. Strong euphoria, tingling rushes and a general feeling of carelessness, absolutely tasty. Thinking back, it almost felt like I dropped a good low-dose pill, instead of insufflating a corrosive chemical. But, exactly how OP described it, that feeling quickly gives way to discomfort with repeated usage, progressing through all the mentioned stages. That doesn't stop you from wanting more though, it'd be funny if it werent sad.

All in all, the initial feeling never really comes back, even with mega-breaks and ultimately amphetamine is not worth it, recreationally or otherwise.

Despite problems with abuse and what not, something about the mechanism of amphetamine fascinates me. I've been RXed a couple different combinations of ADD stimulants, am currently on 20mg of IR Adderall twice a day. Something about reversing your dopamine pumps sounds so inherently awesome...

I totally hear what you say (from the original poster)
A flood of Dopamine will render some of the receptor sites fried and is neurotoxic, but then oxygen is nuerotoxic, not to mention the fumes we live and breath every day.
Brain damage is really not possible to recover from, it doesn't regenerate; but can create new pathways.
From the little I know, DA doesn't just exist in the pre-frontal cortex, but other areas too.
I've just been watching a repeat of crystal meth addiction program, and the neuroscientist's can see the effects on the pre-frontal lobe. Meth is much more toxic than amphetamine.
It's a contensious issue giving the likes of ritalin, or dexamphetamine to kids. But my half ass theory is; if kids do well in school, they can ween them off the drug gradually and the natural rush of making money, having a home, quality of life etc
will lead to a better society.
I'm from the UK, but when studying in the states was given Adderall with breaks inbetween semestirs. No withdrawal, just back to distraction.

The basic information in the original thread is the best post in the history of drug message boards.

A friend stumbled on Adderall and got hooked, bingeing on a total of 1,800 mg in 8-9 days (once a month until the next script). The come downs are destructive at best. Improvement, insight, and flow characterize the beginning. Then she turns and bites you, traps and eats you like a pitcher plant. If you have an addictive nature, stay away from Adderall.

If you love your fellow man, please think twice before touting amphetamines because it can hurt people who may be susceptible.

Last edited:
I've always been a downer/opie/psych head, but lately i've been getting amphetamines sporadically. I'm starting to learn to enjoy the euphoria. It's kinda like an opiate yet less introverted and more....extroverted?

I just can't like on a couch doing nothing, even though it can feel pretty euphoric.

iv just decided to stop speed after 15yrs of heavy use im not looking forward to how im going to feel in about a wks time :|

I shoot amphetamine sulphate every day take antioxidants no benzos at night, magnesium prevents tolerance, 40mgs in the morning two meals a day 8 hours sleep at night. High at stage 2 strength never changes always great what is this thread about extreme crystal meth abuse???

I shoot amphetamine sulphate every day take antioxidants no benzos at night, magnesium prevents tolerance, 40mgs in the morning two meals a day 8 hours sleep at night. High at stage 2 strength never changes always great what is this thread about extreme crystal meth abuse???

Damn you've been active lately. This, and that three day sex swing at the same time as your friend going into coma with a 229 pulse? Are you a troll?

Damn you've been active lately. This, and that three day sex swing at the same time as your friend going into coma with a 229 pulse? Are you a troll?
Troll or not, his post does not belong here. This is a HARM REDUCTION board. The OP was warning about the dangers of extensively abusing amphetamine salts. Most people agree. You might get away with your IV speed use, but most people don't. So don't give anyone the idea they'll be fine abusing speed on a daily basis for 15 years. You are handling this exactly right, 2 meals, no downers etc., but even if a person sticks to all that it can still go horribly wrong.
There's also the issue of purity. Since you are speaking of amphetamine sulfate, I assume you either run an extraction on street speed or are close to a chemist who synthesizes the speed. The vast majority of speed users gets it from the street, which means it is a lot more expensive for them than it is for you. This introduces additional problems.

And all that aside, I am pretty sure at least your veins are completely fucked by now. You could have mentioned that... ;)

I've only abused amphetamine (and MDPV to a lesser degree) daily for 2.5 years (also sulfate, mostly oral and intranasal, but also IV) and am still trying to find back to myself 15 months later. I should add that I'm bipolar 1 and it eventually sent me straight to that place where I am indestructible and have superhuman powers (aka mania land). The withdrawls were practically non existant, but the damage I've done... Oh the damage. I still do not regret it, but then again I've never regret anything I've done. It was interesting finding out what my brain really is capable of.

^Could you specifiy the damage you done please?

Daily abuse over 2.5 years is actually pretty long period. 10mg a day might be with no side effects but if you were taking euphoric doses the whole time, yeah that's enough time to fuck with your whole body and mind.

^Could you specifiy the damage you done please?

Daily abuse over 2.5 years is actually pretty long period. 10mg a day might be with no side effects but if you were taking euphoric doses the whole time, yeah that's enough time to fuck with your whole body and mind.
Well I have wondered the same thing when I heard people talk about the "destructiveness" of mania, so I'll elaborate.

Definitely more than 10mg a day lol.
First came the realization of not being able to do anything with my life unmedicated. I assumed I had ADD, so I tried to score some from a psychiatrist who sent me home with citalopram. 10mg of that shit made me hypomanic within 2h. I felt awesome and now had two drugs I was gonna use to get me through 6 years of med school.

It started with ~10mg (hard to say, it was street speed and the extractions I performed on it failed) and only increased that in small steps in order to reach the same effects, but when my hypomania got out of control I went through the last 70g I had in 3 months time. That's a lot of fucking speed. I'm understating here to sound believable. I extracted that last batch and it came out as round about the same amount of amphetamine sulphate. So yes, a lot of speed. During that time I was using it to maintain a (60-70h)-(12h) wake/sleep schedule. I was not eating any food other than sugar for months. I should add that I was abusing more drugs. An average day looked like this:
-400mg Tramadol HCl
-Amphetamine Sulfate
-2mg Citalopram HCl
-1000mg Caffeine HCl
-90mg Dextrometorphan HBr
-50-100mg Diphenhydramine HCl
-Some pot only before bedtime (I've been using pot daily for sleep induction for 15 years though)

So how did I get from the point A to point B? I have no fucking clue to be honest, maybe it's just because I'm bipolar, maybe it was the speed. Either way while I was excelling at university, I was becoming increasingly irritable and eratic. I was no person I would chose to be around.

What happened during that time?

-I split from the mother of my daughter (well I was kicked out)
--> Was it the speed though? Who fucking knows, our relationship was fucked before I started using speed. I didn't love her, she's hysterical, that kind of thing. She didn't know about my use.

-I lost a friend who I had been best buddies with since 5th grade. That's almost 20 years of friendship.
--> Was it the speed's fault? Well by that time he didn't give a fuck about me anymore, he had been using a gram of cocaine on average for close to 10 years (he was selling it). BUT I would not have sent anyone away like that without the speed. Maybe I should have done so earlier though. I still miss our friendship, but it was long gone before the final clash. I'd say we'd still be in touch without the speed.

-I lost more friends, around 5 or so I'd say. Those weren't real friends, not when they left my life and not before that. Still I had known a few of them over a decade.
--> Was it the speed? Yes, they were disgusted by my self destructive drug use.

-I lost a lot of weight, 55kg at 177cm is not healthy at all.
--> Was it the speed? Yes lol.

-I had to go on vacation from uni. Been that way for 18months now.
-->Was it the speed? Well I turned batshit manic through the speed. Never been manic before. E.g. I told many friends my goodbyes because I thought I'd be dying of a fungal infection: "I'M MACERATING!!", It was during that time that Blizzard sued the shit out of me for coding a Diablo AH bot, straight up lying to the judge and buying out my lawyers, which was adding to the stress. Bad times.

-I now have a legal guardian, have been taking olanzapine, quetiapine, lithium, none of which are very healthy
--> No speed, no mania.

-I got a central retinal vein occlusion, most likely from the quetiapine
--> No speed, no mania, no quetiapine

There's a lot more, like I wrote a bunch of my professors 10 page long mails of gibberish, I got kicked out from my dermatologist screaming, I called up the cops at one point, I didn't open the door for months unless I got a phone call, I didn't answer the phone when there was no number or an unknown number shown, stuff I never used to do before. I am still recovering. Behaviour keeps returning to normal. It takes a long fucking time.

Last edited:
I first read this thread when I initially started getting heavy into meth. I remember thinking "Probably works as a rough guide to amphetamine addiction -- widly reported experiences forced into a vague timeline". Now with some experience behind me, I'm amazed at how goddamn accurate this thread is.

While my experience with dependence has not fully conformed to the listed steps and effects, I can safely say that I'm currently locked into Stage 5. I get very little to no pleasure from high doses, but a lot of strong feelings of paranoia and persecution. Shots don't hit with that blaring rush anymore... more like a rising climb back up to "normality". I make plans to quit every come down, then promptly forget about them a day or two later.

Excellent, informative thread. This guide should be taken seriously by anyone considering diving into amphetamine abuse.

I'm impressed at the accuracy of this thread. I've been through all of the stages of it. I got severe social anxiety and obsessive compulsive behavior and plenty of symptoms of schizophrenia and bipolar (schizoaffective?). It's been about a year since I've done binges, however I was prescribed Vyvanse for a short period, and the first 3 doses (about 8 months ago) caused me severe social anxiety, so badly I had to be home-schooled.

I am still home-schooled today and with Seroquel slightly helping my anxiety and compulsive thoughts, I will hopefully be able to back to a normal school. This is what I was thinking until yesterday I took 100 mg of Vyvanse, which I'm no longer supposed to take but had laying around (with a legal prescription, just not supposed to take anymore). It was pure motivation and sleight euphoria but not super anxious. Today I did another 100 mg and was cycling between slightly and not at all motivated. Feel super depressed now and will go to bed after I take my L-Tyrosine and Seroquel. Today's negative experience I assume was lack of dopamine, norepinephrine etc.... I just need some L-Tyrosine.

I'm stupid to go back on it, but I need to just focus for a few days, I've gotten a little bit of homework done, but not a lot at all really since I've been distracted with obsessively editing OLD documents in Google Drive, and other pointless things. I'm not taking it tomorrow, but maybe two days from now, as I need to go to psychotherapy tomorrow and want to seem normal. I'm not sure if two days of relapsed use will bring me right back down but we'll see.

Although I'm not feeling motivated, I'm going to end it here to avoid obsessively going deeper into pointless details.

Private message me if you have any questions.