• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Ambien high completely different

Drsamichmc

Greenlighter
My drug of choice is Ambien. At first when I did ambien it had no sort of high, it did what it was supposed to (help me sleep). But then, one night, I experienced the best rush of adrenaline and biggest flood of dopamine I'd ever felt in my entire life. I had more energy than I ever. Safe to say, it was the best feeling of my entire life. This kind of feeling lasted for months every time I took 5mg of ambien. I imagine it was similar to what cocaine felt like. Then I started smoking weed. Weed mixed with ambien creates one hell of a trip. of course, my doses had to be escalated... But eventually I stopped smoking weed and taking ambien. I stopped with the weed first. Months later, I started taking the pills again. The high is almost exactly the same as it was with weed. The problem is, I really want to go back to the old "euphoric rush" high instead of the mellow psychedelic high. I tried 20mg of Ritalin the other day but I didn't feel anything.

My question is: Does any one know a way to go back to the original high? Have I chemically ruined stimulants for my body?

Thanks!

Me <;)

This is called 'tolerance', it happens to everyone with every drug. I can tell you're a newb and new to taking drugs nttawt. You really should stop taking ambien to chase a high, it will ruin your sleeping patterns. If you're going to experiment with drugs, do it just like every teenager ever, weed+booze.. then when you're a few years older, you can test out stronger ones. But I would definetely avoid abusing prescription meds!

To answer your question; your brain will eventually heal it's self and repair the damage, however it does take time. This duration varies from person to person..

- Hopeless Soul

Last edited:
its called tolerance. and its very hard to permanently alter your brain; google neuroplasticity,

Your chasing a euphoric stimulating high with Ambien. Your better off trying amphetamines dude....but then u said ritalin do nothing for you. Have you tried snorting it? That gives me a rush

Your chasing a euphoric stimulating high with Ambien. Your better off trying amphetamines dude....but then u said ritalin do nothing for you. Have you tried snorting it? That gives me a rush
I don't think snorting ritalin will be better for them..

-hs

Alright thanks man. I've had a lot of prescription med problems already and I'm avoiding them best I can. My sleeping patterns have already been screwed up like crazy. Any advice on how to fix that? So far, I've been switching between Tylenol PM, Advil PM, NyQuil and benadryl (I know about the organ damage) but Idk what else to do.

I did snort the ritalin. I tried everything that could give me some energy/adrenaline but still never felt anything.

Alright thanks man. I've had a lot of prescription med problems already and I'm avoiding them best I can. My sleeping patterns have already been screwed up like crazy. Any advice on how to fix that? So far, I've been switching between Tylenol PM, Advil PM, NyQuil and benadryl (I know about the organ damage) but Idk what else to do.
Here's a page with a plethra of info on sleep patterns. http://healthysleep.med.harvard.edu/healthy/science/what/sleep-patterns-rem-nrem
I would also start to use the sleep aids as little as possible too.

- Hopless

Wow great thanks. This can help a lot in terms of leaving the ambien alone. and now that ambien is simply off the Talley. but i still want that crazy speedy high. How bad is Ritalin/adder all to my brain. All I want is too feel that rush that I used to get/ What drugs could I try to replicate that high. Any suggestions om what to do next?

have you ever heard of 'sleepy hygiene'? its a cognitive behavioral therapy that you can do on your own at home, google for particulars but in about two weeks it had really improved my insomnia.

Melatonin could help and as keeping said, sleep hygiene is really important, make sure to put your phone away at least an hour before going to bed, maybe use a sleeping mask, listen to relaxing music, do yoga and meditate and try and stop using sleep aids, they'll make things worse in the long run

My question is: Does any one know a way to go back to the original high? Have I chemically ruined stimulants for my body?

Thanks!

Ahhhh the second question asked since man started using drugs.
The first was of course was, 'can you get more!'