• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ambien CR vs. Ambien

Ambien CR releases slowly over the course of the night to help you stay asleep......ambien is for people who "can't" fall asleep. Two different sleep problems.

You really couldn't have just googled this one bro? Ambien tends to be wicked effective for sleep. It works fast and hard. But the biggest downside imo is that it doesn't last very long, at least not as long as the full 8 hours of sleep you're supposed to get. The CR stands for controlled release, it's to help you stay asleep for a full night's sleep. It's just like every other CR/XR/ER before it, same substance, longer duration.

"Ambien CR releases slowly over the course of the night to help you stay asleep......ambien is for people who "can't" fall asleep. Two different sleep problems."

-I just read that two seconds after posting this. I had no idea they were for two different sleep problems

^^You are welcome...........do you have a problem getting to sleep, or staying asleep(like wake up 4 hours after you dose your ambien)?

personally i dont not, ive just used ambien it the past (recreationally), but never have known what the "CR" meant

^^^Oh I see, be careful using this one to try and "trip".....it isn't exactly a psychedelic and not the funnest of times(my brothers wife took way to many one time and had a terrible experience...and she is a tripper).

Yeah it didnt work out to well "tripping". I just felt like i was on benzos

Yeah be safe out there........:) Whatever you do don't try Diphenhydramine to "trip"....worst mistake of my teenage years.....I was 15 and my parents were out of town. Enough said :(

The CR stands for control release mening it is supposed to last all night. Regular ambien is out of your system in hours. Ambien CR seems stronger also.

Hey your tag still says greenlighter..........log back out and in again and you will be a bluelighter.....if you care!

dunno if it is still like this but I think Ambien CR may not be available in generic form, ie. more expensive than generic Ambien non time release (hope that doesn't violate price rules)