View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Amateur psychadelic user wanting advice

WomboCombo

Greenlighter
This will be my 4th time taking psychadelics (First time taking LSD) and I was wondering what you guys would recommend as a dose. I've had comfortably taken a 1/8th of shrooms, and several occasions of acid blotters (my guess was that they were 25-i). But this time i bought LSD blotters from the road at 110 each. Some people say an average dose is 150-200 mics but i was thinking of taking 3 blotters (330 mics). Any suggestions? I just don't want to lose my mind.

Btw i usually trip alone and during the day.

330mcg of LSD will be a heavier trip than an 1/8th of shrooms. If you're looking for a decently strong trip I'd go with 1 1/2 of the tabs or at most 2 tabs to see how you do with LSD. There's also no harm in doing only 1 tab to test the waters before diving into the deep end. I'd personally recommend against doing that much LSD for your first LSD experience, especially considering your experience with psychedelics in general, and I'd imagine most if not all my friends would agree with me.

I'd also recommend that you just take one 110ug tab for your first time. There is nothing disappointing or underwhelming about 110ug of LSD, even for most experienced users. 330ug could be a very intense trip regardless of your experience level, so especially because this is your first time and you don't know how LSD works with you, and you'll probably be solo, just take one tab!

330mcg of LSD will be a heavier trip than an 1/8th of shrooms. If you're looking for a decently strong trip I'd go with 1 1/2 of the tabs or at most 2 tabs to see how you do with LSD. There's also no harm in doing only 1 tab to test the waters before diving into the deep end. I'd personally recommend against doing that much LSD for your first LSD experience, especially considering your experience with psychedelics in general, and I'd imagine most if not all my friends would agree with me.

I agree, 1-1/2 to 2 tabs is great place to start to test the LSD waters. My first time using LSD was after i had tripped quite a bit and 2 tabs were more than enough and was quite a fun experience, not too overwhelming but not underwhelming either. Have fun and be safe!!

Just a myth, follow the above advice no more than 250mcgs would be my suggestion which with most LSD these days usually needs to be premium to use less than five to get there! Have fun and safe travels brother!

I purchased 3 hits of blotter my first time, unsure of the microgram range, but I ate 1.5 hits of blotter that night and was somewhat dissappointed. The patterns on my blankets were shifting a little but that was about it. I redosed 2 hours later thinking it would help, just wasted all 3 hits of blotter. It really jaded me on acid.

About a week later I got 3 more hits off the same batch and ate them all at once this time. It was awesome, what I considered my first true acid trip. Not overwhelming at all, euphoria on music, shifting patterns and a lot of stuff was wavey, I watched trippy videos on YouTube and was in heaven for a few hours. I experimented a lot with dosages throughout that batch, 1.5 hits to a full 5 strip, and I think 3 hits was the sweet spot, quintessential acid trip. I long for another trip like that.

I'd still start with 1.5 hits. If you handled an eighth of shrooms though you should be fine even taking 300 micrograms of acid, at least from my personal experiences. Have an 8th of shrooms has given me a panic attack inducing trip, but I've handled myself fine on 250-300 mics of acid.

I personally think just one tab would be a bit of a disappointment and I honestly think all 3 would be as nice strong (bot not overwhelming) introduction to LSD. Since you've already used other psychedelics it won't be too much but it will certainly be an experience you'll never forget. That's just me though, do what you feel comfortable with. Maybe take 2 at first and if you're really feeling it take the last one.

If I had known that one could be a professional psychedelic user I would be rich AND content and also very very good at my job ;) :D

ahem.... consuming 3 to 3.5 grams of mushrooms can produce quite an interesting trip IMO. Maybe I was always more sensitive to psychs or something, cause I can feel and see plenty on 2 grams of mushrooms, and would never see the reason to push myself much past 5 to 6 grams of mushrooms.

I think 3 hits would be a strong trip, but IMO not that much stronger then eating a full eighth of mushrooms.

An average dose of LSD is about 100 mcg, see Erowid. I know more than one person for whom even that is overwhelming. If your friends have told you that 150-200 mcg is average, their tabs may not have been as strong as they thought.

330 mcg would be a very strong dose. I absolutely would not recommend it if you're planning to trip alone. My recommendation would be to try just one tab so you can judge it's strength. After that, you'll have the option of trying a two-dose trip later, which should be plenty, especially if you're alone.

^ sign me up!! I've done acid 3 times now, and have never exceeded 1 hit and last time opted to go less, but with a combination of 5-meo-mipt. Haven't had an unenjoyable experience yet. Because of its rarity, I'd try to make it last.