• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

amapola

<3 Ama <3

My deepest sympathies to his friends and families.
Thank you to Ama, for all you gave to this site.
You were a wonderful member of this community and you will be greatly missed. <3

RIP amapola :(

What is it going to take to get it into peoples heads to leave the key's with someone else when they are wasted? Christ i have lost so many friends through drunk driving it ain't funny.

I remember thinking that you were a real condescending prick, amapola, and I loved you for it...

I'm so, so sorry to hear this.

Seemed like a good guy in passing and I've definitely noticed his absence.

It's terrible to see anyone here die in any circumstance, but isn't it more appropriate when our members die from an overdose or something on their end? :/

It always sucks to lose someone :/

Hopefully this will discourage some BLers from driving while impaired

No way! <3 amapola was wonderful, wonderfully compassionate and genuine. A life to be celebrated.

Dont... drive... drunk (or under the influence of anything mind altering, for that matter).

Rest in peace, Amapola. We'll see you on the other side, keep the light on for us. <3

Just saw a drunk driver tonight. :! Be careful out there, BL'ers.

My condolences go out to all his friends and family.

Ama was THE model for how a BL member and moderator should act on here - he embodied the Bluelight ethos of Harm Reduction. Ama probably saved more lives than anyone of us will ever realize. He will be missed.

I'm at an utter loss for words. Due to personal circumstances that happened recently I have been a total wreck, and thi sis the iicing on the cake.. :(

I love you ama, like a brother. May your beautiful soul rest in peace. Justice will reach the party at fault.

THis.. is unbelieveable. WHY!! fuck i can't stop crying.

There is no god.

Plain and simple, ama was brilliant.

I loved giving him shit because he could reciprocate better than anyone. I trusted his judgment even over my own at times and his dedication inspired me so much. He embodied the progression BL was making towards a more intelligent and strictly Harm Reduction-centric force and losing him has been a tremendous blow to the site. There is simply no one else exactly like him and he's truly irreplaceable.

I feel fortunate that I got to know him a bit and even more fortunate to have gotten to work alongside him in OD and in the senior staff. He was fiercely independent and he worked tirelessly to do what was in the best interest of the site even if it was time consuming or difficult.

Oftentimes when eulogizing someone, there is the tendency to idealize them and emphasize only their strengths but I don't feel the impetus to do this here; if anything, I feel like I have to tone down how complimentary my description is just so it doesn't sound hyperbolic. If he had such an impact just in this context, I can't imagine how many lives he touched in his real life and my sincere condolences go out to all those fortunate enough to have known him.

You won't be forgotten anytime soon.

I've been searching for this thread for awhile but never thought to use the site-wide search engine--Had just been checking the Shrine for awhile now, to see if it was true that Ama was dead. Not only is it true, but he was killed out of the carelessness of another. :( I hope hitting him sticks with that driver as much as it sticks with someone I know who hit somebody--And that is to say "quite a bit."

Ama was an awesome acquaintance--I wish I had known him better. But in the short time he was the smod of HL while I was a mod, he was awesome to work with and get to know a little. I had hopes of meeting up with him sometime as I thought he lived relatively close by. :(

Rest in peace, man. Rest in peace. <3

Such a shame to lose such a great contributor to bl
I never spoke with him but I did remember reading alot of his posts all around the site

Seems like he was always happy to help anyone in need or give advice to any troubled members

I've known way to many people (friends and family) who have died from drunk driving or a result of :[

RIP

R.I.P man. Even though I never knew you its always such a shame when someone passes away needlessly.
I hope this makes more people think before they drink and drive.
Get a taxi, its not hard and you won't have someones death on your conscience.

RIP Ama.. From what others' have said you sound like a wonderful, and irreplaceable guy. You are sorely missed by us here. I hope you have found peace <3