View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Am I ready to try a psychedelic?

George1012

Bluelighter
I've been smoking weed and drinking beer every day. The first few times I ever smoked it felt a lot like the way people describe psychedelics and I actually freaked out a little. I still get a little nervous and overwhelmed from time to time. My coworker says if you're not good at handling your weed highs you're definitely not ready for psyches.

I don't smoke a lot and I never really do. I don't take more then a couple of hits each time. I don't smoke large amounts at a time anyway. I haven't taken a whole loaded bowl all to myself in quite some time and I haven't smoked a joint in a long time either. Usually when I smoke I stop after three, four hits tops.

Try a tab of LSD on its own without cannabis.

Youre gonna freak out eventually when experimenting with psychedelics so just let it happen and learn from it.

Last edited:
Psych and cannabis are two different worlds and most of the times should be not mixed. I for example love to trip but I can't stand cannabis. To try psychs you basically need curiosity and in your case you seems like be ready. Go for a low-medium dose and don?t mix with weed, at least in your first trial. Prepare a good setting with no responsabilities and alone or with some very close person and go for it. ;)

For some people I know including me high THC low CBD weed strain in medium to high doses has a psychedelic component that it is much more difficult to control than a strong +++ dose of Tryptamines or Phenethylamines psychedelics.
Definitely DO NOT mix weed and psychedelic at first, then it could be experimented to see if you like it or not.

yea, I added a lot of anxiety to my weed smoking by mixing it with a high dose trip before.

yea, I added a lot of anxiety to my weed smoking by mixing it with a high dose trip before.

And some people could add a lot of anxiety to their peaceful tripping by smoking some weed.