View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Am I over-doing the 25I?

Ganj

Bluelighter
I have been indulging pretty heavily in 25-I-Nbome, having tripped 3 times in a week upping the doses to account for tolerance and frankly I don't intend to go longer than a week or two without taking it for a while. Its re-kindled my love of weed, completely changed my diet and got me picking up my guitar for the first time in years. I'm not expecting any more revelations, or for the magic to be the same, but I am thoroughly enjoying the psychedelic headspace.

I never trip alone, always with other people dosing and usually end up with some people on other drugs/sober which I think really helps to keep you in a good headspace.

Only other issue is I have some minor anxiety, just butterfly's in the stomach and a really un-settling feeling which really sucks when your tripping but I cope with it pretty well.

If I wasn't feeling so good about everything I would never dream about taking so much of this stuff, but I have felt fantastic since my first tab and want to keep this whole thing rolling for a while.

If I am generally feeling mentally 100%, is this plan safe for a month or so? I know issues would creep up slowly, and that if anything started happening I would immediately stop.

Any insight would be great.

Any use of 25i is over-doing it, but since you won't listen to that, I'd say doing it more than once a week is already pretty freaking reckless and can't be good for your tolerance.

I wish you well, don't go dying any time soon.

In general, if you have to ask, then you're overdoing psychedelics (and drugs in general I would say). Tripping 3 times a week is definitely overdoing it. I did that (and even more sometimes) for 2-3 years and I have a permanent tolerance now and really couldn't trip at all til I took a few years off.

On rare occasions it's okay to trip multiple times a week or even multiple days in a row, such as a festival setting, but you need to be really sparing with that kind of usage.

25i-NBOMe psychedelic tolerance rises like mad, you can get away with it for a week or two if you're lucky but if you keep dosing like that then you're not gonna feel much from your 25i apart from stimulation, might as well just get some speed or something instead. You say you've been increasing doses to cope with the tolerance but I'd definitely advise against that, even with tolerance to the psychedelic effects of it you might have less tolerance to other, more dangerous aspects of the drug, and high dose 25i is dangerous. Also even though it feels good initially, dosing regularly probably isn't gonna have good effects in the long term anyway, it's been linked with higher levels of HPPD from shorter levels of use than other psychedelics and god knows what else it's doing. You need to give your brain time to recover from each trip. I'd say wait at least two weeks minimum between uses, but even longer would be better. If NBOMe makes you feel that nice, you don't want to ruin it for yourself (or indeed, ruin yourself) by taking it too much too fast.

I didn't think there would be such an enforced message, and there would be no point in starting this thread if I wasn't going to listen to advice. I will round this session off and definitely start spacing out my trips a lot more. Thanks all

Wise choice man, the thing with the full agonist NBOMe's is that they will ruin psychedelics as whole faster in general because well, they're full agonists (and dangerous ones at that!). A similar thing happened when I was smoking full agonist cannabinoids about 5 or so years back. No matter how much cannabis I smoked I just couldn't get high anymore and it took a few years off to be able to achieve a similar high. Abusing psychedelics is an unwise decision but I think we can all agree that there are better ones for the job, not that I'm reccomending anyone go overboard on trips of course.

I didn't mean to take an aggressive approach with my answer, I apologize. I simply wanted to emphasize that in my eyes and I'm sure many others, that you are more likely to die from an Nbome than you are experimenting with opiates or stimulants normally thought to be more dangerous. At the very least, the chances of persisting damage is very high. As I told my friend last night, I'd sooner chase the dragon (but in reality I'd never actually try heroin, at least... I don't think so) than I would ever try an Nbome again. A friend of mine is permanently turned off of psychs because of Nbomes, and is worried that he truly did damage to his mind.

^I would like to see evidence that opiates are less immediately dangerous then NBOME's. Intuitively, this feels incorrect.

^I would like to see evidence that opiates are less immediately dangerous then NBOME's. Intuitively, this feels incorrect.

That's not really how the world works, man. Intuitively, the earth feels flat.

Opiates are safer than nbomes because you can mitigate their potential for harm. By following rules and being careful, you can use opiates and not die. Nbomes kill people and we don't know why. Right now, with our present knowledge, the only good harm reduction advice for nbome users is to stop using them.

I would like to see evidence that opiates are less immediately dangerous then NBOME's

It seems that, at least in naive individuals, opiates are effective at doses well below the overdose range. By contrast, the difference between effective dose and overdose in NBOMe's seems to be small and unpredictable, some have even suffered death after taking what others would consider recreational doses.

^My points exactly. You never know when an Nbome is gonna make ya drop dead...

Psychs aren't really good for your heart valves if taken frequently, like steadily for a few months every few days. It's the 5-HT2b agonism that does it, apparently, and most psychs are pretty strong agonists for that. I don't know exactly how frequently they would need to be taken to cause serious harm, maybe it would have to be daily. I still would try to keep it down to once a week just to be on the safe side.

25I-NBOMe is pretty selective for 5ht2a (5ht2b is the one that causes heart valve overgrowth), and at low doses (under 1mg) most of the risks come from people acting recklessly while under the influence or redosing/combining multiple drugs that put stress on the body.

That said, the NBOMe drugs do fit the profile of hERG channel blockers, which cause long QT syndrome in susceptible individuals - a condition that can cause your heart to stop beating suddenly. I have a feeling that's the causative factor behind many of the mysterious deaths of otherwise healthy users in their mid 20's taking 25x-NBOMe and suddenly dropping dead.

Given the long half life and high potency of 25I, I would stick to mo more than once a week, preferably once every two weeks. But whatever works for you, works for you. If you feel you can get away with low, sub-0.5mg doses on a 2-3x a week basis without too much trouble as a nootropic of sorts, go right ahead. Just be aware of the risks, keep an eye out for the inevitable development of tolerance, and never push the dosages much higher. than 1mg.

If you've chosen the smarter path (reducing intake to once a month or around there), then you're going to be taking much less of a risk. Good plan.

One real issue not addressed yet is a regular user of 25I would face is the psychedelic effects would dwindle due to tolerance and besides the danger associated with 25I, when one starts to do it regularly most agree the effects become more stimmy and less Psychadelic. In other words risk of future addiction goes up and the effects become closer to methamphetamine rather then the hybrid Phenny it truly is.

as far as danger goes yes IMO doing it more then once a week is very dangerous, doing it more then once a month would be dangerous unless you are like pupnik ( a poster here who often chimes in positively on NBOMe's ) and you are only taking sub trip level doses 100 to 200 micrograms at a time.

For me I reached my sweetspot at 1 mg and simply put I could not imagine doing it more then 6 times a year.

While the jury is still out on safety of this RC and safety over the long term, some find it to be a wonderful agreeable substance, visuals, euphoria, body high, mental stability. Some find it a terrible substance one that makes them feel sick, they describe flu like symptoms. A very unfortunate small % seem to be at risk of death.

25I seems to SAP the body of a lot, it burns away potassium and magnesium. There is an older report on erowid and nightmare trip where a person had a very bad time, witnesses noted Doctors talked about how low the potassium and magnesium was in the bloodwork and fluid ananlysis of the patient.
This doesn't mean go eat a banana and take some magnesium supplements before a trip and you are garaunteed a good time. But magnesium may help with the nervous system and it may help prevent / counteract vascoconstriction, because it is a circulatory aid.

Me I eat really well, I am technically almost 40, yet in very very good shape when I do 25I I feel like I am 17 again. I never have a hang over but I never feel the need to do it often. to the opening poster - I think you will get a lot more out of it, if you take a long break and then comeback to it. this way your tolerance can't effect you.

Save it for later, don't let tolerance waste a good stash. It will result in better trips anyway.

IMHO if you are building tolerance to a drug then you are doing it too often. Tolerance is a sure sign that it is having a lasting physiological effect.

In a word, yes, you're overdoing it on the 25i. That's something that you try a few times and then move on. It's just too harsh a chemical to use all the damn time. Do yourself a favor and chuck the rest out while you're ahead.

That said, the NBOMe drugs do fit the profile of hERG channel blockers, which cause long QT syndrome in susceptible individuals - a condition that can cause your heart to stop beating suddenly. I have a feeling that's the causative factor behind many of the mysterious deaths of otherwise healthy users in their mid 20's taking 25x-NBOMe and suddenly dropping dead.

Well that was a frightening read, for a hypochondriac such as myself. Is there any way to know if one is susceptible to such a condition?

I find that to have the best psychedelic trip it needs to be waited for. When I plan out the perfect setting and have waited for it it really allows me to appreciate it and makes the trip much much more intense. Although I have never used 25i i've heard horror stories and I'll compare that to LSD and that is doing it in that frequency causes me be very depersonalized and unable to function as I normally do for a few months as well as leave some less severe permanent effects.