• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Am I over-doing the 25I?

Pretty scary to hear about the potential of 25i. And Considering I have had only greatly positive experiences so far quitting while ahead would be wise.

Everything in the NBOME category should not be fucked with.... well it should... but imo is not something to be revisited. I have taken 25i and 25c on multiple occasions... each night ending with me "never wanting to take the substance again," if your experience with psychedelic compounds is strictly in RC's I would suggest moving out of the phenylethylamine category. They seem to carry a lot more whiplash and potential for overuse and later on mental disturbances (as 25i is rather obscure in it's function, many unknown unknowns, more then LSD or DMT (not suggesting just saying))... Most people that I know who experience true HPPD or true brain damage have it due to the overuse of phenylethylamine compounds.

That's true. However there are a wide variety of phenethylamines that are truly beautiful and useful psychedelics. The ones that mainly come to mind are 2C-E, 2C-T-2, DOC and mescaline. Each of these is special and deep and beautiful and totally worth exploring. However I do agree in general that tryptamines seem much safer.

i tend to think its hard to overdo psychedelics unless it is affecting your ability to function normally. it all comes down to your personality and how tripping affects it. however, i think that tripping more than twice a week is probably too much and "what goes up, must come down". i typically stick to the classics like L and mushrooms. i have taken 25i, but i dont know as much about it. i DO know that people have overdosed and died from it, so its probably not a good idea to work your tolerance up like that. i found it somewhat stimulating so it might not be good for body to go through that multiple times a week.

whoever said "if you have to ask, you are probably overdoing it" is absolutely right. psychedelics are very intuitive ie--if you feel good before you trip, you will probably have a good trip, and vice versa. if you are beginning to question if you are using it too much, you probably are, or are on the fast track there.

perhaps you should try some mushrooms or LSD next time and see if you react the same way? maybe its the stimulation you enjoy from it.

That's true. However there are a wide variety of phenethylamines that are truly beautiful and useful psychedelics. The ones that mainly come to mind are 2C-E, 2C-T-2, DOC and mescaline. Each of these is special and deep and beautiful and totally worth exploring. However I do agree in general that tryptamines seem much safer.

I'd have to agree with you regarding the safety of tryptamines. Despite providing possibly more chaotic intoxication, they seem more physically benign when compared to some of the 2C-x's and NBOMEs. Things like 5-MeO-AMT seem somewhat anomalous. I wonder though if the creation of hyper-potent tryptamines would see the arising of some of the more deleterious effects we are seeing with the NBOH/NBOME class. Speculative only though, no reason to link potency with harmfulness.

I also agree with your assertion that mescaline and DOC are great, though I have little time for 2C-E or 2C-T-2. I would add 2C-B/I/D as lovely PEA's. The advent of the new incredibly potent drugs is concerning and reiterates my idea that PEAs are less safe then tryptamines.

That said, the NBOMe drugs do fit the profile of hERG channel blockers, which cause long QT syndrome in susceptible individuals - a condition that can cause your heart to stop beating suddenly. I have a feeling that's the causative factor behind many of the mysterious deaths of otherwise healthy users in their mid 20's taking 25x-NBOMe and suddenly dropping dead.

What other known or common psychs are these herg channel blockers. Not any of the classics? Al-LAD or LSZ? Or any RC tryptamines? This is a slight concern.