Am I being investigated?

the wheat's gotta

Greenlighter
Hello, I frequent another forum like this and I would post this there but I fear someone is collecting evidence against us over there (we've already banned some proven feds) so I'm asking it here for anonymity.

I order rc's through my p.o. box (not a fake). I only get legal RC's and I live in the US. The other day two county sheriff squad cars were parked in front of my house for maybe half an hour and left without incident. Cops almost never go through my street but I figured it was unrelated. Then a couple days later I saw a squad car (not sure which department but it was different from the sheriff cars) parked in front of the post office of my p.o. box. I drove past and went back home instead of picking up my mail. Half an hour later I was on an errand driving by anyway and noticed the squad car was still there. It was empty both times and I couldn't see any officers nearby.

Now that post office is in a strip mall so it's possible the last cop could have been stopping by for lunch nearby or something for half an hour, I need to check again soon if someone is still there. Anyway it has become quite an unlikely situation to be a coincidence, though still possible. But I am really worried. There could have been several causes for this. A supplier I bought a small amount from months ago recently got busted because they mistakenly tested his RC product as meth. I don't think the feds care much about the small amount I bought, but I think it might be possible that they looked at his sales records and sent an alert to the local pd of all customers to do what they want. And as I live in some boring suburbs I could see the local cops jumping on this.

Another possibility: I've sent a few small amounts of various RC's to some people, and I think one was seized because the recipient never got it. However that seized package was not containing the chem that can be confused as meth on a field test, and was admitted by the DEA themselves that it is not a structural analog to anything so idk why that would be enough for cops to be following me.

Now what I want to know is if there is any reason for cops to be doing this if they are after me? I would think if they have evidence they would go straight to me, if not arrest me at least ask me some questions. If they're watching my box maybe they're waiting to see me pick up a package for more evidence, or send another small amount of RC's to someone? But still if they were doing that I would think they'd go undercover and not be so obvious. They wouldn't waste their time trying to scare me or some shit right? The only way I can explain the cars parked in front of my house, besides as an unrelated event, is if they were going to arrest me or talk to me but then realized they don't have enough evidence or something at the last minute, and then decided to stake out my box to get some instead. But that seems highly unlikely still, they should have had known whether they could or could not talk to me before they got there.

Despite logic I can't help but get really paranoid which is why I'm asking for different perspectives on this. It would be quite the coincidence as I've never seen cops parked in either of those places.

Are you doing anything illegal? If not, then you have nothing to worry about. If so, then stop it for a while and see what happens. That's all I got.

nobody on here can tell you yo. ask all you want....

All I can tell most people who ask this question tho, is that if you are bein investigated, unless you some kind of big time high up supplier, you will never know it.

The people who do big things will have some idea there is heat on them becuz they know there is it comes with the territory and usually by the time you that big you will see signs.

But if you just some kid sellin RC's yo....I doubt you would even have a clue before shit went down....Its happened to me and plenty of people i knew....I had my phone tapped n all that and i never knew...you wouldnt have some screamin-ass "WE WATCHING YOU" signs in your front yard like with the squad cares....

Iunno, it was smart not to pick your shit up just in case and it does seem strange but im just sayin, these cops maybe just extremely stupid, who knows...but still i would guess it might have more to do with the busted rc company than you....

I feel like it would definately be smart to avoid any problems and just lay low and dont just act like they aint there....move a lil quieter, you feel me....but i wouldnt assume they checkin you out just yet considerin you aint evne doing nothing illegal yo...Be careful, but im just sayin...If there was really a investigation...i think you wouldnt see so much shit out in the open makin it look like there was, u feel me...they rather do that shit in silence and then move on you not just do some dumb shit to make you know the deal like park in front of your house doin surveillance directly in front of your door yo lol...

nobody on here can tell you yo. ask all you want....

All I can tell most people who ask this question tho, is that if you are bein investigated, unless you some kind of big time high up supplier, you will never know it.

The people who do big things will have some idea there is heat on them becuz they know there is it comes with the territory and usually by the time you that big you will see signs.

But if you just some kid sellin RC's yo....I doubt you would even have a clue before shit went down....Its happened to me and plenty of people i knew....I had my phone tapped n all that and i never knew...you wouldnt have some screamin-ass "WE WATCHING YOU" signs in your front yard like with the squad cares....

Iunno, it was smart not to pick your shit up just in case and it does seem strange but im just sayin, these cops maybe just extremely stupid, who knows...but still i would guess it might have more to do with the busted rc company than you....

I feel like it would definately be smart to avoid any problems and just lay low and dont just act like they aint there....move a lil quieter, you feel me....but i wouldnt assume they checkin you out just yet considerin you aint evne doing nothing illegal yo...Be careful, but im just sayin...If there was really a investigation...i think you wouldnt see so much shit out in the open makin it look like there was, u feel me...they rather do that shit in silence and then move on you not just do some dumb shit to make you know the deal like park in front of your house doin surveillance directly in front of your door yo lol...

Just out of curiousity lacey how did you find out your phone was tapped?

Was it through the discovery phase of your trial?

Were you ever at all suspicious that your phone was tapped, like were there every any tell tale signs or anything?

A girl in my town (also white suburbs) was arrested by multiple plain clothes officers with unmarked cars, i think one of the officers may have even just been standing around in the area. She and a friend of mine who happened to be buying dope from her at the time got arrested and charged, she found out while being questioned that the police had been investigating her and her and mainly her boyfriend for a few weeks/possibly months. Nobody had any idea, and like i said there weren't any identifiable police initially involved.

Basically, from that experience i would assume they aren't watching you and you are just being really paranoid. Many cops can be stupid at times but its not like they have the downs.

Just out of curiousity lacey how did you find out your phone was tapped?

Was it through the discovery phase of your trial?

Were you ever at all suspicious that your phone was tapped, like were there every any tell tale signs or anything?

I found out it was tapped when the spot i had been set to meet somebody at to sell them a purchase was full of a bunch of undercover cop cars and the second I opened my car door and stepped out they ran up to me cuffed me and took my phone.....I figured it out that they had the shit tapped, but then found out officially later during discovery.

No, i never knew, you dont know, you dont hear nothing, nothing is weird. Anytime your shits tapped you aint gonna know. there aint no telltale signs. thats why i always tell people yo, if you think your shits tapped becuz u heard a funny noise or some shit, dont think that. becuz if it was, you would never know it from noises or weird shit on the line or nothing.

And like caseface, etc, said, and like i said before. If they investigating you, you aint gonna know about it. I really doubt they care wat you doin. now the thing is they phone tap and investigate people for shit that aint always big deals. They THOUGHT I was a big deal like i was some kind of king pin of the area, and their police report stated that "sources confirmed that i was the main supplier for most of the distributors in the town" 8) and also that i was the main supplier of the local HIGHSCHOOL....Basically they thought i was the fuckin Queen Bee.....So that mighta been why they made such a big deal out of it, but it was only 50 pills...to me that aint alot, but i guess it was to them, like it was some kidn of big "drug bust"....I did make it into newspapers all the way in other counties tho, lol. That cracked me up, like it was some type of big deal. I was on the front page of the Local section of the Sunday Bergen Record....It was great havin my grandma get the sunday paper and see that one...8(

But anyways...I aint tryna ramble my only point is people will say Oh they only phone tap "big fish" they dont care about some kid, but the thing is sometimes they do. For me, i saw myself as small becuz i was aroudn so much bigger things, but i guess to them, somebody who only deals with a minimum order of 50 to 100 pills at a time is a semi-big mover if its a area without a lot of dealers in it . So i use myself as a example of police tappin the phone of and investigating somebody who AINT "big", but just sayin that maybe the cops DID consider me "big", so i dont know.

Im just sayin. you aint gotta be on some scarface level, importing dope, sellin mad bricks, type of shit to get watched. They do investigate people for small-ass shit in hick country areas outside of the city. sometimes they will get a narc tip them off and then watch someone and then bust them for selling like 3 bags of dope to a friend you feel me. So you can never be too safe, but im just sayin that if you are seein obvious signs , then you prolly aint a target.

We all know that the Feds will be at mob gatherings...weddings, funerals, parties, etc, snappin surveillance pics and shit...that they sit outside the neighborhoods in their vans and shit, watchin...And for the most part these dudes know the feds is there. They drive by em on their way to work in the morning, they see them watchin from the back of the room at the wedding where the whole family is together, shit like that.

you DEFINATELY aint on that level of shit, so i dont think they would be showing themselfs to you . The OP is bein paranoid and it dont hurt to be safe, but damn--you aint even doin nothing illegal. WTF is there to even investigate you for, anyways?

Thank you everybody yeah I'm not worried about my phone being tapped and I don't discuss chems on there anyway but you could have guessed that from my paranoia ;)

I do feel a lot better now, nothing notable has happened since the last thing. Lacey what you asked... I know normally going by the DEA's logic I would be completely safe however now they think I bought a few grams of methamphetamine over the internet because they fucked up and false-tested my supplier's product. That's what there is to investigate. And even though I don't fuck with that shit I'm pretty sure if the pigs come knocking, looking for blood you know they'd get their hands on anything if they can't find it and so my collection of RC's and bongs are at stake. As well as the simple possibility of my straight edge parents answering the door, to be informed that they think their son bought crank.

It;s not really like they "tap" your phone., they subpoena phone records.

Unless you talkin on a land line and an undercover fbi agent sneaks in an puts a bug in the line lol

Unless you talkin on a land line and an undercover fbi agent sneaks in an puts a bug in the line lol
Not always true. I had a friend busted a few months ago for manufacturing meth, his phone was tapped and a number of people got conspiracy charges related to phone conversations. And this was a cell phone. Granted it's rare, but it does happen.

They can go to the phone company with a warrant/supoena and listen to calls, I'm pretty sure.

They can go to the phone company with a warrant/supoena and listen to calls, I'm pretty sure.

Yes, this is true.

The contracts or licenses by which the state controls telephone companies often require that the companies must provide access for tapping lines to the security services and the police. In the U.S., telecommunications carriers are required by law to cooperate in the interception of communications for law enforcement purposes under the terms of Communications Assistance for Law Enforcement Act (CALEA).

If you're that worried about being tapped, switch phones, or stop conducting anything illegal / over the phone.

yeah i mean its pretty fucking easy to go spend $15 on a prepaid phone completely anonymous and you get a new #

if there is any question what so ever about your phone being tapped, dont just call verizon and be like hey can you change my #..beucase like I said they can subpoena phone records, so having the same account will leave you fucked

go to metro pcs or 711 and buy a phone

easy.

^ Note: This post was approved because it offers suggestions to increase privacy.

Remember, Legal Discussion forum guidelines prohibit posting questions or answers about how to get away with breaking the law.

It doesn't really matter, as the use of a prepaid phone doesn't really offer any protection. The idea of a prepaid phone to avoid a wiretap only works in such a situation where there is a completely isolated network and everyone within that network changes phones at the same time.

[I fail to see the relevance of the first part of this post , therefore it is gone.--ACL]

[Cops] aren't always the brightest lightbulbs in the box. You're probably okay, I would switch post office boxes; even post offices. They are the same price at every post office. Even if you have to go to another town. Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Could my iPod be searched through? By a highschool police officer? Like while I'm being questioned in his office?

With probable cause, however with schools it is more likely within the school code to allow for searches.

[Sorry rangrz, you can't post info here that could be used to break the law and not get caught. -Johnny1]

Last edited by a moderator: