• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Alternative to Diazepam

TheChemists

Greenlighter
Hi

I am looking for an alternative to Diazepam for lower back spasms. I take 2mg qds prn. There is little effect other than grogginess and tiredness. I was wondering what other people have used in the past?

2mg of Diazepam is an extremely low dose...

Diazepam is one of the best benzos, heck one of the best Meds period for muscle relaxing...

I would def raise my dose, to maybe 5mg PRN... but 5mg is also a low dose, I'd go for 10mg PRN.

As a benzo, 10mg Diazepam = 0.5mg Alprazolam/Clonazepam

I would've recommended a different medication if your dose wasn't so low..

If you're okay with using RC's, I would say Flubromazepam (NOT -OLAM) or Diclazepam would be your best options. They have long half lives, like Diazepam, and they are cheap, on top of it all. Diclazepam would be my choice in this situation, as it has a long half life as well as active metabolites that are long-lasting and potent as well, and it's only one chlorine off from Diazepam.

If you want to get a prescription for such medication, then I would suggest Klonopin (Clonazepam). It is a long-lasting benzo with noticeable muscle relaxant properties, as well as being commonly prescribed.

Have you tried physical therapy or strength training . I go to the gym and lift light weight just stretching out the muscle and practicing using them correctly works much better for me then muscle relaxers. Maybe you have a pintched disc or something

Diazepam is one of the best benzos, heck one of the best Meds period for muscle relaxing...

I would def raise my dose, to maybe 5mg PRN... but 5mg is also a low dose, I'd go for 10mg PRN.

This.

As insightful as your post is Ventrusii (I used to use both of those benzodiazepines when they were legally available in the UK and found them both very effective) the OP really should not consider research chemicals for legitimate medical reasons while there are still plenty of options for prescribers, if at all

I agree. He might not have the same amount of information about benzos and how to properly handle very strong chemicals in very high purity.

I dont disagree with you methacone but based off you said " one chlorine off from diazepam" that you have a exceptable level of understanding on these chemicals compared to the average person. So its prob much better they go through a doctor.

The benzo doesnt matter imo pick your poison. I choose xanax. Be careful i got burned hard after a few years by it slowly inching it way up from i only need a eight of a mg to taking it 4 x a day

I have manged to get a script for Methocarbamol, they are very funny about prescribing benzos at my practice as they offer a homeless clinic and methadone dispensing

Ohhh yes.

That's a combination of medicine that I don't think any doctor would prescribe, Methadone + Benzos. Esp by the same doctor.

Any opiate + any benzo are dangerous to combine, but I believe Methadone is the most dangerous opiate to mix with Benzos.

But I don't have any experience with Methercombarol (so?, sorry on my shitty phone lol)..

Have you heard of or tried Baclofen? It's supposedly quite effective at reducing back spasms, although admittedly, it's not a problem I've ever suffered from or have had to treat.

^+1

Also kief has good suggestion. I've tried tried baclofen, but pregabalin was great for back spasms before I built a tolerance *sigh*. It's a similar drug to baclofen. Gabapentin might help too.

I would try noble kava root powder before anything else though. It's not physically addictive, so it's the safest option in that regard. If that doesn't work, I would go for the gabapentinoids like gabapentin, pregabalin, and baclofen. Like others have mentioned, methadone and benzos is a dangerous combo, and you might not get the relief you're looking for at safe doses. Gabapentinoids still carry a risk for synergistic respiratory depression, but I don't think it's as severe.