Use alternating colours for rows on the forum pages

• yes - use contrasting colours

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other (describe in thread)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bennyZA

Bluelighter
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, or if this has already been brought up (I couldn't find anything about this subject) but is it possible that when you are looking at all the threads on the forum they alternate between to subtly different shades of blue? Sometimes I like to look at the thread stats the the right of the title, and it's sorta hard to match them because they're all the same color. Does that make sense?

Yeah, I get what you're saying, but to the best of my knowledge that's built right into the theme the forum uses, with no option for users to change it. At least, I'm not seeing a way to, though there may well be one I'm unaware of.

The best I can think to suggest, which is kinda lame, is to drag the cursor over the title and stats to select them, thus highlighting them in a different color than the rest of the text on the page. :\

One of the administrators will reply in this thread soon about whether or not it is possible, and if so if it will be considered. I understand why it's useful and I would be in favor of it if it's possible.

It can be as subtle as you can make as long as you can tell. It's purely functional.

Unless there is a technical issue, I couldnt imagine any reason why it can't be done, and it would really help me out.

i've added a poll to get a sense of people's feelings.

contrasting colors might be quite strong:

alternaterows01.jpg

subtly different colors might look more like this:

alternaterows02.jpg

there are, of course, other color options. feel free to post images if you have a different suggestion.

alasdair

Yea, def not contrasting. That makes my eyes hurt. Like I said, it's purely a functional thing. When I made the suggestion, was assuming it would be essentially what you put down at your subtle example

yep - only 6 people voted so no plans to do this anytime soon.

alasdair