• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Alprazolam vs. Clonazepam

To those of you wondering why 2mg Alprazolam would be unavailable when 2mg Clonazepam is the reason being Alprazolam has a much shorter half life and much faster peak onset.

Its true that all benzodiazepines can be addictive but short half lifes and fast onset results in a much higher abuse potential.

My old GP was completely fine with prescribing clonazepam and diazepam but refused alprazolam and wasnt too happy with lorazepam. His words were "Valium and Rivitril are much safer in terms of potensial negative outcomes"

In 2014 in Australia Alprazolam was changed from schedule 4 to schedual 8 (the same as oxycontin) All other benzodiazepines remained at schedule 4.

To those of you wondering why 2mg Alprazolam would be unavailable when 2mg Clonazepam is the reason being Alprazolam has a much shorter half life and much faster peak onset.

Its true that all benzodiazepines can be addictive but short half lifes and fast onset results in a much higher abuse potential.

My old GP was completely fine with prescribing clonazepam and diazepam but refused alprazolam and wasnt too happy with lorazepam. His words were "Valium and Rivitril are much safer in terms of potensial negative outcomes"

In 2014 in Australia Alprazolam was changed from schedule 4 to schedual 8 (the same as oxycontin) All other benzodiazepines remained at schedule 4.

Is there a theory or medical study that shows who is more likely to abuse benzos? It's just that last year I was taking clonazepam but I was going through a really stressful time and I was abusing it and enjoy it a lot, but this time I took alprazolam for almost a month, looking for the same or maybe a greater recreational effect than last year but the only thing I got was fall asleep at 15 minutes hahaha. Only difference was this time I was on tapentadol some days and others on tramadol.

People with previous substamce abuse problems and alcoholics are generally considered higher risk patients to health practitioners.

Tramadol can be very addictive unfortunately. Had I known, I would never have taken it. But the first months of my use were spectacular and love the shit, I was high but at the same time fully functional. Also, it gave me energy like caffeine but without the anxiety or jittery
During my two years of addiction, I have definitely been very irresponsible. I haven't taken it for 8 days and the depression and lack of motivation is killing me but I feel like I still have a bit of the drug in my system so I don't want to take an SNRI yet.
after only taking it for three weeks, i was taking 6mg a day and quit cold turkey... worst four days of my life.