• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Alochol and Morphine

Sydney Carton

Bluelighter
I acquired some 30mg extended release morphine. I've run out of weed, which i normally pair with it. Can i drink like 3 or 4 drinks safely? I use 1mg of xanax a day but I' used to do xanax, oxy so I'm not sure that one will be an issue. Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.

Thanks
Syndney

So, we are a Harm Reduction outfit and I can't do anything terribly irresponsible, but this is my opinion. You are taking Benzodiazepines regularly, you're going to take Morphine and then drink Alcohol, yes, bad things could happen, but it would be a fluke for this very combination to kill outright a healthy individual.

You are most likely looking at nodding out and starting at your shoes, but it shouldn't be dangerous in the true sense of the word. This is only, and I mean, only if you are only having as you say, 3-4 drinks. You are not getting drunk, maybe popping an extra Alprazolam at bedtime, that sort of shit. I can give you my blessing through my experiences and knowledge that this isn't in the realm of "utterly fucked up", but you're getting ready to be called up to the Major Leagues from the Farm Team at this point. You're right on the cusp.

If you need any more advice. You know who to call. Ghostbusters.

Take the morphine alone, without tolerance 30mg should get you high. Maybe crush the pill to circumvent the time release system. Alcohol + opiate + benzo is a dangerous combo, if it doesn't hurt you, you might still end up doing stupid stuff.

Honestly I would really avoid this combo. If I was in your situation I would just take the morphine and your regular dose of xanax, and enjoy that. Adding alcohol to the mix is too many depressants and you'll probably either nod out and fall asleep, or black out and do something stupid or dangerous. Not worth it in my opinion.

Honestly I would really avoid this combo. If I was in your situation I would just take the morphine and your regular dose of xanax, and enjoy that. Adding alcohol to the mix is too many depressants and you'll probably either nod out and fall asleep, or black out and do something stupid or dangerous. Not worth it in my opinion.
Spot on. Alcohol can mix well with benzos OR opiates at a lower dose for a relaxing buzz, but combining all 3 does not sound safe at all.