• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Allergic to LSD?! (pictures)

My guess is it was probably something else on the blotter.. who knows maybe when they were dipping the sheets a tiny bit of some other chemical got on them as well, or maybe there were small impurities at the end of the synthesis. That is really strange though.

curlywizard said:
were you drinking water, dehydration may have caused this?
yup i was drinkin plenty of water.. i was pretty thirsty in parts of my trip but i stayed with a big cup of water lol

My eyelids swelled up when I ate HBWR seeds a few days ago, and I also had the worst sinus problems I can remember. Snot was coming out my nose and down my throat. The same thing happened when I breathed in some dust from the crushed seeds. I've never had any problem with my lip swelling up though.

I have no idea what would cause the lip to swell up like that. A serious allergic reaction should have caused more symptoms if it was bad enough to cause the lip to swell. Were you sucking on your lip during the trip? My nephew's lip swelled up pretty bad when he repeatedly sucked on it. I know I have repeatedly carried out some stupid little action while tripping before.

my lips have swelled up on E
but thats cuz i was bitting them and sucking on them

were you bitting or sucking on your lips?

this thread is hideous.. Lol, you may have had an allergic reaction to something used to lay if it was on paper, thats fairly suxy though, good luck with that.

samadhi_smiles said:
I dont think you could get a full dose of DOM on a regular blotter. Gels definitely (seen em!), but regular blotter paper wouldn't hold 2-4mg.

yeah I'm a dumbass, what I was going for was that bromo dragonfly shit =p

"1) he had an allergic reaction to LSD.
2) the drug was not actually LSD but some RC or something
3) he had an allergic reaction to something on the blotter other than LSD.
4) he had an allergic reaction to something in the environment that by a very strange coincidence happened when he took LSD."

Yep, I doubt hes allergic to lsd tho, thats undocumented I think, and theres been sooo much research into lsd/ people triping. Maybe you bumped your upper lip on that big cup you were drinking out of? My bet is on that or somehow otherwise bumping your lip into somwthing. Maybe you were sucking on/licking your upper lip uncocsciously, acid makes people do weird complusive things sometimes, and it'd be totally easy to forget or not notice.

curlywizard said:
my lips have swelled up on E
but thats cuz i was bitting them and sucking on them

were you bitting or sucking on your lips?

What I was going to say. I used to know a guy who would chew his lips to shit when tripping on lsd. By the end of the night they were huge

I've had this sort of thing happen randomly when my heart rate is raised with or without drugs. I've seen doctors and all they've really been able to tell me is it's some sort of alergic reaction, but they're unsure as to what. It might be totally unrelated to the lsd, as you usually show a reaction to an allergen right away, and you'd been tripping for a while before this happened. Maybe some sort of pollen in the air, or something you rubbed your face on? Did your girlfriend have any new lipstick or makeup that night? perhaps there was a fabric cleaner used on the couch?

I second the idea that it's probably not the lsd, but something else you're totally unaware of.

Tryptamine*Dreamer said:
Were you sucking on your lip during the trip? My nephew's lip swelled up pretty bad when he repeatedly sucked on it. I know I have repeatedly carried out some stupid little action while tripping before.
not that i can remember.. but i was trippin so fucking hard. lol. i do remember getting some mild jaw clenches.. but nowhere near as bad as when i roll. but i just dont see how suckin on my lip would cause it to go numb and swell up like that.

funks_hybrid said:
Did your girlfriend have any new lipstick or makeup that night? perhaps there was a fabric cleaner used on the couch?

I second the idea that it's probably not the lsd, but something else you're totally unaware of.
i had actually thought about this bc my lip did seem to start feeling kinda funny about 10-20 minutes after we had a lil make out session, but she wasnt wearing anything new and we did a lil "experiment" last night at her apartment when she had the same lip gloss on. nothing happened.. then she said she was wearing a new perfume.. and i had kissed her on her neck that night.. so i tried the same thing and tried to repeat most of the stuff my lips touched but nothing happened..

so i was wondering if this was possible:
im a lot more experienced with MDMA and i know MDMA can lower your immune system.. well would it be possible that maybe since i was tripping i was a lot more sensitive to something i might have a minor allergic reaction to but since i was tripping my body was less able to handle it? possibility maybe?

An allergic reaction is your body overreacting to some irritant. A weakened immune system would reduce any allergic reactions you might have.

See, I figured it all out- here's your problem:

You wasted a perfectly good opportunity to fuck with your girl friend! You could have told her she was tripping so hard she popped you one in the mouth!

What? You don't remember doing that? Damn baby, you WE'RE tripping hard!

The sympathy points would be everlasting! hehehe

Dragynfyr said:
See, I figured it all out- here's your problem:

You wasted a perfectly good opportunity to fuck with your girl friend! You could have told her she was tripping so hard she popped you one in the mouth!

What? You don't remember doing that? Damn baby, you WE'RE tripping hard!

The sympathy points would be everlasting! hehehe
lmfao well she wasnt trippin that night.. she was kinda like my sitter. but we did end up havin sex while i was trippin.. definitely some of the WEIRDEST sex i have ever had. lol i was trippin so hard i would forget i was havin sex and then i would remember n be like "WHOA, im havin sex on acid 8o " lol

edit: oh and i remember thinkin we went for a couple hours n then i asked her the next day how long we went n she said it was about 10 minutes.. i was like damn lol

LSDreamer said:
An allergic reaction is your body overreacting to some irritant. A weakened immune system would reduce any allergic reactions you might have.
very good point.. this is why i love BL.. so informative.. u think maybe since i was tripping my body overreacted to it? bc LSD definitely scrambles everything up n makes a lot of stuff confusing.. maybe my brain or body just kinda "freaked out" bc of something that irritated my lip a little bit and my body thought it was worse than it actually was and ended up making my lip swell that much bc it didnt know how else to react?

I have no idea. As other people have said, I don't think there's enough LSD in a normal dose to even cause an allergic reaction. I'm at a loss. I guess we'll find out when you dose again.

That's strange. I can see how that would have altered the trip but I wouldn't worry about it too much.

No harm, no foul...right?

If your lip were to swell up again, as long as there is no permanent damage I don't see a problem, although it would be a bit unraveling. I agreed with what LSd dreamer said.

Weird.....yea.
Harmful.....no.

Cool