• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Alcohol vs Weed

Isaiah

Greenlighter
So I've been smoking bud since I was 11 or 12 but I've never had more than a sip of anything alcoholic up to now, I haven't been able to get money for a while now I got -Snip- and I've got the option of buying some vodka with it or a grammy, I'm just wondering weather or not alcohol is really worth it, and which do you think I should buy and why? Like can I kinda get a comparison of being stoned and drunk

Last edited by a moderator:
i mean you could stick with what you know and buy a gram you can't go wrong there. but i would try alcohol if you never have before! i might wouldnt start with vodka maybe a 10 prof wine or beer or a four loko or get tequila and mixer. cause if you end up hating the taste to the point of not wanting to drink it at all you'll waste your money haha. just depends on your determination really. getting high is awesome and chill and you can kinda control yourself better if youre used to it. alcohol is something id recommend trying with friends and going slowly. itll make you real social and jolly and horny. you might get sick and if you get drunk enough youll most likely have a killer hangover the next morning. so make the night worth it haha

DO NOT buy Four Loko.

That's about the WORST suggestion for a first time alcoholic beverage, positively LOADED with caffeine so that your body won't know what's going on and you'll be racy as hell and drunk at the same time and feel HORRIBLE afterwards.

If it is your first time drinking I would not even suggest hard liquor like vodka but if you have to don't exceed like maybe 4 shots within a bout 2 hours. I'd start with maybe 2 shots....wait about 45 mins, and have another.

Or you could mix yourself a screwdriver with orange juice and about 4 shots of vodka and SLOWLY sip it for an hour or so.

Better than that is to buy yourself a six pack of some average strength beer like Sam Adams or Saranac or even just some budweiser and just have a few and progress to the hard liquor some other day when you know how alcohol effects you.

Stay hydrated, drink a lot of water and also buy yourself a gatorade and drink that for electroylytes.

If you've never drank in your life it's probably about time that you'd be interested in trying something other than weed, so why not try something different?

Just stay safe and you might be hung over and need something for a headache next day.

DON'T have ANY Tylenol in your system while drinking, and DON'T drink really fast.

Have fun.

alcohol when you're alone is good to relax imo. but it's also good with friends in parties to just get stupid and do stuff you'll regret later.

imo it's completely different from weed. alcohol will make you disinhibited and a little light. it's a great buzz. take a lot and you'll get dizzy, numb and stupid. that's cool too. if you drink too much expect to forget a lot of things, may be puke, and a dreadful hangover when you wake up post-binge drinking.

and i wouldn't be afraid to start with vodka tbh. my first time was with lots of vodka, got really stupid had a great time, missed class and the following afternoon was already black out drunk with cachaça again.

buy a 40oz bottle of king cobra malt liqour, then spend the rest on a bag of weed.

best of both worlds, i dont know how i am the first to suggest this.

buy a 40oz bottle of king cobra malt liqour, then spend the rest on a bag of weed.

best of both worlds, i dont know how i am the first to suggest this.

Maybe cause it's NOT the best of the alcohol world haha.

Sure, he gets to have a little of each, but his first ever experience of an alcoholic beverage will be that it tastes like complete shit when there are all sorts of really good beers, wines and liquors out there.

But hey, if the guy is prepared for the fact that it tastes like crap and is aware there's better stuff out there then go for it.

The only way I'd ever even CONSIDER drinking malt liquor again at this point was if it was free AND I was completely fiending for booze, and even then I'd probably decline.

YUCK.

Now a BUDWEISER 40 OZ will probably cost him an extra buck or two but isn't NEARLY as nasty and I'd still drink one of those.

He could buy that and still have cash for weed probably.

DO NOT buy Four Loko.

That's about the WORST suggestion for a first time alcoholic beverage, positively LOADED with caffeine so that your body won't know what's going on and you'll be racy as hell and drunk at the same time and feel HORRIBLE afterwards.

If it is your first time drinking I would not even suggest hard liquor like vodka but if you have to don't exceed like maybe 4 shots within a bout 2 hours. I'd start with maybe 2 shots....wait about 45 mins, and have another.

Or you could mix yourself a screwdriver with orange juice and about 4 shots of vodka and SLOWLY sip it for an hour or so.

Better than that is to buy yourself a six pack of some average strength beer like Sam Adams or Saranac or even just some budweiser and just have a few and progress to the hard liquor some other day when you know how alcohol effects you.

Stay hydrated, drink a lot of water and also buy yourself a gatorade and drink that for electroylytes.

If you've never drank in your life it's probably about time that you'd be interested in trying something other than weed, so why not try something different?

Just stay safe and you might be hung over and need something for a headache next day.

DON'T have ANY Tylenol in your system while drinking, and DON'T drink really fast.

Have fun.
4 loko hasnt had caffeine in it for a couple years

no need to overcomplicate things, just buy a bottle of the cheapest vodka, take a shot, wash the taste away with desired beverage, wait 15 mins and repeat

4 loko hasnt had caffeine in it for a couple years

Two years ago my friends drank it and it had tons but I guess they've taken it out since then.

I'm not sure that it lacks caffeine everywhere but you might be right.

alcohol has a tendency to make you just act and not think about things as much

weed has a tendency to make you over-analyze everything and not act on things as much (because I got high song comes to mind).

thats about the only way I can compare them, its not even apples and oranges its like fried chicken and oatmeal

Well I usually do them together so idk but I would rather have weed but alcohol is way more addicting......back in my days of heavy drinking I completely gave up on weed because all the money had to go to beer n booze. But one of my favorite buzzes ever is beer n really good weed out the bong.....which I'm doing right now.

im sorry mycophile, i wasnt aware this was the beer snob thread, i thought the man was trying to catch a buzz, not get classy.

also, Budweiser and king cobra are made by the same company, using the same ingredients, the difference in taste even, is minimal IME.

its also not the beer trash thread and Four Loko are garbage bro

I drink both craft beers and king cobra 40's just depends on how much many I have/ am willing to spend.....can't we all just get along?

im sorry mycophile, i wasnt aware this was the beer snob thread, i thought the man was trying to catch a buzz, not get classy.

also, Budweiser and king cobra are made by the same company, using the same ingredients, the difference in taste even, is minimal IME.

LOL, I'm just giving my opinion that I can't drink malt liquor without feeling nasty.

IMO there's still a considerable difference between the taste of bud and malt liquor but I don't choose to drink bud either.

What can I say, I like good beer.

If your gonna drink you might as well enjoy the taste along with the buzz IMO.

Four loko isnt the best option for a first time drinker. Even without the caffeine in it (it was so much better when it did tho!) the 12% alcohol in a 24 oz can might be too much for him (I say this due to the fact I drink 2-3 four lokos a night when I do drink). Id say just buy a six pack of whatever and have at it. TBH however, the green will last you longer than the alcohol and you wont pass out from taking it like you will alcohol for the first time.

get that booze man! everyone needs to get drunk at least once in their life if you ask me haha

LOL, I'm just giving my opinion that I can't drink malt liquor without feeling nasty.

IMO there's still a considerable difference between the taste of bud and malt liquor but I don't choose to drink bud either.

What can I say, I like good beer.

If your gonna drink you might as well enjoy the taste along with the buzz IMO.
Kinda like the difference between dank and schwag OP, one gets you high and feels great, the other doesn't get you as high and feels like utter shit.

I'd try getting some malibu rum. It's like 20 or less for a fifth. Tastes fucking great. Mix a lot with cola, it'll taste great. I know it sounds like a pussy drink, but OP hasn't drank ever and I believe it takes a while to like the taste of booze, even good stuff. Why not start with something that'll taste very little of alcohol.

Or try some Irish Cream, put it in some decaff coffee. Mmmm.

Or you could just get some straight up strong rum, I like it straight and rum is cheap.

Either way, you should try booze if you never had. The two buzzes are completely different, it's worth experiencing both. Ease of access after 21 too lol.

even malibu rum may be too strong. peach schnapps & orange juice. you can't even tell there's alcohol in it.