• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Alcohol vs opiates: Which withdrawals are worse?

I had that (and alllll the other symptoms) during Benz WDs. The worse ones are the ones that you feel in your head aka brain zaps. Pretty sure that is like 1 tiny step away from having a seizure.
As soon as I started getting them I was really worried and they kept getting stronger and more frequent every 5-10 mins alongside sharp chest pains I legit thought I was going to die, luckily I managed to get some etizolam from a friend, one of the worst drug experiences ever for me. Top 3 defo.

I'm worried about alcohol withdrawals I've been drinking every day for ages now. I need to stop
A friend of mine was once a heavy xanax user and she told me the brain-zaps were the worst part and they lingered for a while even when the rest of the withdrawals were over. At one point during the withdrawals I believe she had a seizure. My fiance use to take xanax and he doesn't drink throughout the day, but when he gets home from work he usually kills off an 18pk of beer by himself. My dad is a whiskey drinker and former meth addict and I watched him go through the DT's (he relapsed and continues to drink, just not near as heavily). Just watching made me feel agitated. At one point, his eyes also kept darting around like he could see something I couldn't. He told me he only used meth so he could stay awake to drink longer without passing out. Evidently the alcohol was a more prominent addiction for him than meth. I'm curious, do you have to be a 24-7 drinker to wind up with withdrawals or can heavy beer-drinking at the end of the day cause withdrawals as well?

Last edited:
I went through benzo and alcohol withdrawal in jail and been dopesick more times than I can imagine.
I was delirious and having seizures and the fkin doctor wouldn't give me anything because I was getting out in a few weeks and "we don't give benzos here" so just don't die basically. It was 45 days of hell and the second i got out i ate a few kpins but it took a few days to feel normal. Never went to jail again lol
Opiates are nasty as well. The same anxiety but physically symptoms
I don't know what is worse because both have been utter hell
The benzo/booze was dangerous and I was terrified especially in jail where they would let you die
That sounds horrible. One of my worst fears is of having to withdrawal in jail and supposedly I currently live in a city with the cruelest justice system in Texas. They even once left a pregnant woman to give birth in jail without any medical assistance. They flat-out ignored her and the baby didn't make it. I was told it made national news, or was featured in some TV program like 60 Minutes or Dateline.

That sounds horrible. One of my worst fears is of having to withdrawal in jail and supposedly I currently live in a city with the cruelest justice system in Texas. They even once left a pregnant woman to give birth in jail without any medical assistance. They flat-out ignored her and the baby didn't make it. I was told it made national news, or was featured in some TV program like 60 Minutes or Dateline.
that's fucked up....
ppl have no rights in jail, thats a bummer

I have watched some shows on American jails and they are scary. I'm in Canada and was sent to the equivalent of a state jail. The guard would mess with me and a couple others dopesick. They would come around with aspirin but telling us it was morphine just to see us perk up to disappoint us.
Jail is hell , at least in Canada we're treated a bit better but not much
Make friends with the biggest girl or lunch/laundry lady if possible.

Opioids--You feel very sick like the flu. You might have a terrible compulsion move your legs. Nausea, diarrhea

I really don't think the flu comparison does it justice.

I've had the flu and I've had opioid withdrawal. I'd take the flu anytime.

It's not just the legs and it's not just a compulsion to move them. It's like every part of your body feels impossibly uncomfortable. There's no way to feel comfort or rest. Sleep is next to impossible.

And that's the thing, with the flu you can sleep through a lot of it. Opioid sickness not only makes sleep nearly impossible, it slows perception of time down to a crawl.

I've heard the "bad flu" comparison countless times and I don't think it does it justice at all. Opioid withdrawal isn't like the flu, it's so much worse.

As for opioid vs alcohol withdrawal. I've heard severe alcohol withdrawal is worse, but I don't have first hand experience. I've only experienced a very mild benzo withdrawal, that's the closest I've gotten to any kind of alcohol withdrawal. So I really only know opioid withdrawal.