• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Alcohol Alcohol Megathread

@Snafu of the Forest Half the day I'm asleep. And I don't drink all day, but close to when I'm awake. A few hours in the morning, a few in the evening. It would be better less the invega aches/pains. Alcohol helps drown those. But so would cocaine perhaps.
Yeah man alcohol kinda helped me when I first started on APs.... Or maybe that's just some excuse I was using to keep drinking. Not sure.

My brain comes up with all sorts of excuses

lol. when things go south. Which is an increasing percent of gen pop. I feel an economy leaning towards volunteerism. so no more day jobs.

Alcohol is unique in that not everybody gets addicted to it physically or mentally. Somebody may experience both while another person might not experience any after effects. For me it's like a switch I turn on when I feel like it. I have been drinking beer roughly every day this year but I stopped drinking other types of alcohol 7 years ago and before that I didn't drink for about 2 1/2 years just because I was smoking a lot of mj and would rather spend my time doing that

I don't have a set amount per week. I've been drinking between 36~48 354ml cans every 7 days. Usually no more than 48 cans. I'm 57kg/125lbs, 1.75m/5'9" tall. Hope that helps

Last edited:
I'm not that much familiar with the subject, but I would suggest you to look at molybdenum. Ethanol turns into acetaldehyde, which is toxic, and molybdenum is essential to turn acetaldehyde into acetic acid, that the body can excrete.
Try NAC and MSM

This is gonna sound strange and counterintuitive but I think a mild amount of tobacco is helpful. I used to smoke cigarettes often. After Quitting I found after hard drinking my lungs felt shredded, raw, and painful and I felt slightly hypoxic in the morning. Never felt this when I had a cigarette or spliff with drinking. Since come to find that smoking tobacco produces glutamate in the lungs, hypothetically keeping them less damaged by the ethanol and aldehyde being expelled through them maybe? NAC conversely made my lungs feel drier and even worse. Might not be normal or helpful as it seems hangovers are based on how the body deals with the excess aldehyde and dehydration and these only manifest as lung pain and mild rebound anxiety for me. Vitamins and fats for your nerve sheathes are important for anything more than an evening of drinking though.

You could try a tertiary alcohol like 2M2B aka tert-amyl alcohol. It is far more potent as a sedative than ethanol and doesn't produce toxic metabolites that cause a hangover due to being a tertiary alcohol. Very long duration. Up to like 20 hours. 5-10mL will make most unconscious within a couple hours. Smells/tastes like menthol flavored gasoline but not bad 5mL in a glass of orange juice. Don't drink more than two. You'll be unconscious all the next day. Even from two of those cocktails.

Last edited:
Also less hangover bc of only consuming 10mL or less vs ounces of ethanol.

so I am currently taking post-exposure prophylaxis HIV drugs, and ive been drinking on them. yesterday i went a little overboard, and today my liver is swollen. you can literally palpate it, and when not touching it i can feel an almost sort of pain there. no jaundice or anything, but i am drinking again today (not going to have anywhere near as much).

how bad is this?

Wondering if anyone has had any experiences with any of the following:

Gabapentin and Alcohol
Chlorpromazine (Thorazine) and Alcohol
Trazodone and Alcohol

How much do they interact or potentiate each other?

Gabapentin interacts with alcohol.
I got sloshed as a m-f and did stupid shit on it. Not as bad as Xanax and alcohol, but not far from it IME.
Go slow.

Alcohol tends to mix poorly with just about anything. Expect the sedatives to be potentiated, and in general just be careful. Even if you don't OD or something, chances are you'll do something stupid when you're fucked up like that.

I used to mix alcohol and gabapentin, very euphoric ime. But as others have said it's not far from the mixing benzos with booze experience. So beware.

Wondering if anyone has had any experiences with any of the following:

Gabapentin and Alcohol
Chlorpromazine (Thorazine) and Alcohol
Trazodone and Alcohol

How much do they interact or potentiate each other?
I found Gabapentoids plus alcohol increased the breathing supression that Gabapentoids can hold.
With trazadone it made me more sedated and messy.
It's never a good idea to mix alcohol with sedating substances.

Lately I've been drinking about 750 ml a day. Not to be drunk, but just a little buzz throughout the day.

If I'm trying to get drunk, It would take a litre up to 1.75 L in a day depending on the alcohol. Any more than that and the spins take over and becomes too much for me. If it's just in a night out. I reckon a 750ml bottle of whiskey would get me a strong buzz

my standard dose is 150ml alcohol, 1,5l of 10% white wine, dirt cheap here for 1,85eur. when using stimulants it can be double the dose. during the time when i drank more, i could finish 90% of a 0,75l bottle of vodka, but that was enough, did a whole bottle in one evening once and that was too much. the highest dose i did was around 1,5 bottles of 38% schnaps when vaping a-pihp, woke up without a hangover. there are really hardcore alcohols who do more than 3 0,75l bottles of 40% booze, nothing i could ever do.

Sorry had to laugh at the title. hahaha
My standard dose? Maybe a half gallon of ice cold absolute vodka? Close. anyway.
peace