• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

AL-LAD (300ug) - First Time - By eck, that's cracking stuff Grommit (AL-LAD)

fastandbulbous

Bluelight Crew
Last night I had my first experience of how twiddling with the ergoline skeleton of LSD can alter the nature of the psychedelic rocket fuel.

AL-LAD is quite simply delightful. First time tripping since my wife passed. I was apprehensive, because past experience with LSD ripped me a new arsehole. If LSD was your first bicycle, AL-LAD is the bicycle with stabiliser wheels. I laughed so hard I thought I was going to give myself a hernia. None of LSD's, "we are the Borg, you will be assimilated, resistance is futile" subtlety, no stress, just a very friendly lift into the land of enlightenment. If I had taken 300ug if LSD, there would have been a moment, however brief of, "oh fuck, I took too much". No such moment happened (mind, it really fucked with my vision, such that, at times, I couldn't see through the OEVs. Also, less kaleidoscopic, more wavy phenethylamine type stuff).
Not doing one of my teacher on dexies reports, because I need to sleep, but I reiterate, "cracking stuff"

And a big wet sloppy kiss to the person who made it possible (remember, no good deed goes unpunished! 🤣 you know who you are! 💖)

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_allad
substancecode_lysergamides
explevel_firsttime
exptype_positive
roacode_sublingual

AL-LAD is really great, isn't it? It's so much fun... generally my face and sides will hurt from all the laughter. It has a silly yet magical feeling to it. At high doses, it can be pretty profoundly altering, but it's exceedingly recreational and enjoyable.

AL-LAD is really great, isn't it? It's so much fun... generally my face and sides will hurt from all the laughter. It has a silly yet magical feeling to it. At high doses, it can be pretty profoundly altering, but it's exceedingly recreational and enjoyable.
Yeah, it's fun, silly and wonderfully benign. Not like it's big brother, LSD, which just slams psychedelia into your face, with a "resist and you will suffer" (hence my quoting the cheery, Borg mantra, "resistance is futile")
Well it was at the dose I took, but take enough and I imagine it's lysergamide nature would come through and it would tear you a jolly, fun new arsehole 😁

Yeah I've read of some wild and extremely difficult and even traumatic experiences on AL-LAD. I've taken it up to 450ug and found it just extremely fun, personally.

best for clubbing ever. ever. i mean it

u need a somewhat intact ego for dancing/clubbing as being confident is essential

Thanks for the report, it sounds like a great time. :)

You’re literally the only other person I’ve ever heard refer to LSD’s subtlety as the thing that makes it powerful. I say this all the time.

AL-LAD is hilariously unsubtle. It makes me wonder what the fuck these other lazy psychedelics are doing with their visuals.

I recommend ETH-LAD next. LSD is the balanced one. AL-LAD is the fun one. ETH-LAD is the weird one. It’s absolutely fascinating (to me, anyway).

Yeah I've read of some wild and extremely difficult and even traumatic experiences on AL-LAD. I've taken it up to 450ug and found it just extremely fun, personally.

In my experience, AL-LAD seems to have an anxiolytic effect, at least at 150ug.
Everyone I've seen that took it was absolutely immune to negative thoughts, worries and paranoia.
Never seen anyone take more than 150ug apart from myself though, and I'm just not prone to negative thoughts on psychedelics so I wouldn't be able to say.

Everyone I've seen that took it was absolutely immune to negative thoughts, worries and paranoia.
Never seen anyone take more than 150ug apart from myself though, and I'm just not prone to negative thoughts on psychedelics so I wouldn't be able to say.

I’ve had a 150 μg experience where I mostly just worried about the body load the whole time. It sucked. The trip itself wasn’t difficult though.

I’ve had a 150 μg experience where I mostly just worried about the body load the whole time. It sucked. The trip itself wasn’t difficult though.

Ah I never get any body load from psychedelics, they always give me a nice physical stimulation and I rarely get any significant or annoying vasoconstriction.
Lucky me I guess.

Ah I never get any body load from psychedelics, they always give me a nice physical stimulation and I rarely get any significant or annoying vasoconstriction.
Lucky me I guess.

It's something that's gotten better with me over time, and generally if I have the ability to stay active during my trip the potential for problems is significantly lessened. It's a really uncomfortable feeling for me when it happens though. Maybe the fact that I'm tripping during it just makes it ten times worse but I just can't get my mind off of it. It has been a pretty long time now since I really had this problem though which I'm certainly grateful for.

When I first took it it gave me a bit of an upset stomach. Coming up on the toilet was an experience.

Sounds good. I've always wanted a psychedelic without the 'oh fuck factor', which is why I love MDMA so much.

Could AL-LAD be the one?

It very well could be the one. Even recommended I to mu niece, and she's not that au fait, with psychedlics

Had 300ug, with absolutely no anxety; just a mixture of hernia creating laughing fits and mini epiphanies about my late wife. Oh, and trip patterning I couldn't see through.

Last edited:

Long ago we had a sample of the 8-allyl homologue of LSZ made. My mental health was not up to trying it but after we had independent instrumentation carried out, some people did and the reports were were very positive. I admit it WAS to ensure that the material was legal in the UK (at the time) but the cost was too high... because back then, you couldn't charge people £20 + delivery for 1 trip.

Seems the allyl group is the key to low anxiety. Never had the ethyl group, but trip reports do sound interesting. Suppose there's always the N,8-cyclopropyl. After all, it is the N- terminal tryptamine nitrogen

Glad you had a good trip, especially in light of your wife's passing. I kinda wish we got the "dexed up teacher" version, but I'll settle for this :)

I've been really intrigued by AL and ETH-LAD lately. Was never able to acquire them

Last edited:
Great report man!

Yea I’ve been dying to give this one a go. Or any “LAD” for that matter. ETH-LAD sounds like a damn good time too.

I love candy flipping and feel AL-LAD would go wonderfully. How many here have tried it with MDMA?

-GC