• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

African Dream Root [Silene undulata]

Rooted Dreams

Greenlighter
Anyone have any experience with it? Is it legal in the US?

I'm aiming to achieve more dream vividness and ordered 1oz in whole root pieces; how much of the root should I take and when?

Well, seems no one has tried it or maybe just doesn't consider it a drug...fair enough.

I'd received it and am trying it now. It tastes fucking awful, like licorice and how marijuana smells. Its got a sweetness to it, but the herbal bitterness makes it taste like artificial sweetener or something. I'm just chewing it because many people say its a good way to use it.

Just dry heaved pretty badly, taste is not pleasnt if that wasn't made clear....starting to question if I should use it, but I guess Valerian root is nasty too.

I took half a twig or whatever and am chewing it well midafternoon, will have another dose at bed and report back tomarrow; most sources say it takes about 3 days for effects to kick in.

Sad to see there is still no reply, but I'd like to report that I think there was some effect.

Firstly, I'd like to note I took a shit load of Valerian root, some soya lecitin, and L-Arginine pror to bed because I couldn't sleep and the valarian on its own was useless. The other two had weak supporting evidence for sleep and nothing of note that I found for dreams, but still.

I had about 10 really weird and vivid dreams, though I only recall about 3 of them at the moment. They were definitely more in number and vividness than I'm used to. topics were all neutral to pleasant, though I won't go into details. All were pretty odd in nature, the gist of them being:

-zombies taking over and me and several others locking ourselves into a rather well supplied school pantry.

-the moon disappearing and the earth experiencing global disaster, leaving me and a bunch of other people left on the recovering earth

-And finally, my favorite for some reason (and also another seemingly apocalyptic dream...hopefully not a warning lol), one where I was a sherif or something and was kind of at war I guess in the middle of some small towns with some kind of rival group. There were 3 bears we kept as pets, very friendly. In the end, after the war was won, my goal was to create some ice cream shops and prisons in the old houses that were left.

So yeah, odd stuff. I think I experienced lucidity in the second one. After them moon sucked inside itself and disappeared, the earth started to do the same (this portion was in the 3rd person, watching the entire earth/moon). I started to feel a panic and said no no no and it reversed itself. So yeah.

If the shamans of africa are anything to go by, these dreams could signal the end is near and I will be the person that leads humanity to safety. Neat.

I got the best results from this , I chewed for 3 days before having g my first lucid dream. Some people have had dreams that went on for a year in one night. They can tell you what season it was when a certain story happened that night. I had lucid dreams since I was a kid, I realized if you ask your self "Is this a dream?" It is one, because I never say that an I an awake. But this stuff only effects dreams and it takes practice to explore the different stages of it. I chewed it for 3 years in a row. Now I am starting up again, the dream herb cal. Whatever does nothing for me , never tried betal nut, but tried a the roots, the other white root one is good for dream clarity and daily clarity. I don't know why more people don't find this stuff amazing.
Every time you want to wake up you jump off a building or jump into traffic, your adrenaline wakes you up. Or you can always start on wet dream but who can consent.

Oh yeah I found to chop it in a blender and turn to a powder and put in capsules. Mix with the spice turmeric it cause freaky dreams if you ever ate Indian food.

Lol this is the first time I've read an In depth dream report haha sounds really cool, almost reminds of what diphenhydramine does when you close your eyes on it and feel as though you're doing something completely random that you do at some point in the day, all in your head, and it feels SOOO real. A little different than this, but that's what it reminds me of haha

Mash it with mortar and pestle. Put in jar with water, shake and eat resulting foam. WORKS