• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Advice on plugging klonopin

2.5 mg today, last 1mg about an hour ago because I couldn't sleep. Now I'm in that in-between state I like so much and I could probably sleep if I wanted, but want to enjoy a little more of awake time and nice music.
Clonas are defi not for sleeping. At least not for me.
Will have to mooch some alpras from my mom (she doesn't take the ones her doctor gives her). They are good for falling asleep.
I was on Clonazepam and diazepam for persistent alcohol withdrawal.

I drank so much and for so long that I needed that dose to prevent DTs during Detox

Oxazepam @ 50mg 4 times a day was not working, so my doc prescribed 1 mg of clonazepam morning and night and 15 mg of diazepam three times a day.

I could go to work and function like a normal human being.

After a month she reduced the clonazepam to half a milligram twice a day. Kept the diazepam the same after another month she reduced the Klonopin to a quarter milligram twice a day and kept the diazepam the same. After another month she stopped the clonazepam.

Then after letting me stabilize for 2 months on the diazepam, she tapered me off over the course of a year.

I had Zero withdrawals and stayed sober for 5 years.

Years later I found that I had some left because the prescriptions overlapped and I just put the 1 mg up when I started on half mg. I couldn't sleep so I took one of the 1 mg Klonopins. Talk about zombified, I was in that weird state that @lecroute described. Which was amazing because I didn't feel like that at all when I was recovering from alcohol.

Everybody thinks it's funny that I was an alcoholic because I actually don't like downers. Other than as an anxiolytic or a hypnotic, I don't like using benzodiazepines.

Last edited:
As others have said, use the sublingual route. When I have a 2mg tablet, I break it into 4 and leave it under the tongue and it kicks in pretty quickly. Maybe.

Benzodiazepines absolutely treat anxiety. They're literally called anxiolytics.

Benzodiazepines may or may not resolve the root cause of the anxiety.

For example: benzodiazepines would not resolve anxiety caused by pheochromocytoma (because it's a tumor) benzodiazepines will resolve the anxiety caused by post detox alcohol withdrawal (because it's caused by an imbalance in the GABAergic glutaminergic neurotransmitter receptor system).

In fact, benzodiazepines are pretty much the only class of drugs that can safely treat anxiety caused by alcohol withdrawal. Can you use barbiturates, yes but other than phenobarbital the therapeutic index is exceedingly low and the incidence of addiction is exceedingly high. Could you use clonidine or hydroxyzine or any of the other alpha adrenergic antagonists, yes, but there's significant rebound issue when the dose is enough to stop the anxiety. And the half life of such medications is usually low which causes inter-dose anxiety.

Clonazepam, diazepam, and chlordiazepoxide when prescribed in a calculated, taper are essential for treating such anxiety.

Benzodiazepines also treat the root cause of sleep anxiety which is anxiety related to not being able to fall asleep. Benzodiazepines tend to resolve sleep anxiety caused by insomnia in a significant number of patients.

A correct statement would be that "benzodiazepines are not intended for long-term use to treat the symptoms of anxiety unless no other medication is effective."

Another correct statement would be "it's inadvisable to abuse benzodiazepines or take them other as prescribed."

In instances of anxiety caused by HPA axis dysregulation, emergent treatment with benzodiazepines is absolutely necessary because continued panic and anxiety will reinforce and worsen the HPA axis dysregulation.

If it's general mild to moderate anxiety, yes, it's better to treat with a non gabaergic medication or at least not directly gabaergic, such as CBD, the gabapentinoids, SSRIs, and some of the classical tricyclics. Tricyclics. However, all of these (except CBD) carry a much worse side effect profile than PRN benzodiazepines even when taken as prescribed.
Sure they hey temporarily resolve symptoms, but they actively make ya a functioning worse, which is the root of most anxiety issues to begin w. I agree I could have worded it better but what I was getting at is it’s no really a treatment if it’s damaging what it’s supposed to help.

Benzos have a high bioavailability via oral route anyway, plugging won't increase that. The only route that speeds up the onset is IV using pharma ampules. Sublingual is the next best thing.

Sure they hey temporarily resolve symptoms, but they actively make ya a functioning worse, which is the root of most anxiety issues to begin w. I agree I could have worded it better but what I was getting at is it’s no really a treatment if it’s damaging what it’s supposed to help.
But it doesn't do what you said.

I've been on benzodiazepines multiple times to treat alcohol withdrawal and anxiety from alcohol withdrawal for multiple months sometimes.

They've never made my functioning any worse. They've always made me able to function.

Properly prescribed and properly taken benzodiazepines are an essential medication for people suffering from many types of anxiety and definitively panic attacks.

Just because your experience with benzodiazepines may have been, as you say does not mean that it's the same for everyone.

I would suggest for you to crush it an take it sublingually. It will taste bad, so have a drink to wash it down with, but it will have a quicker onset of action.

Also plugging is pretty bad for you anyways.

I miss trying to dress heavy at my psych appointments to fool them
Anyway it helped me be skinny like as in shitting.
I can finally shit again after thinking I needed more kpins or a surgery so you can kiss my soon to be skinny ass.
Edit: it literally came down to needing to take kpins or cut my colon out

Sorry, put it under your tongue tho that's unhealthy to be more relevant than just anal