• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Addicted and need help??? Click here

Day 8

Best day so far. Slept good. Woke up at 6 am no sweats. Did a tiny line at 8am. Hopefully I continue to feel this good. Almost feel like the old me again and that feeling is giving me more cravings than any drug. It's been a long time since I felt this good. Hope it lasts

hey everyone I'm new to this and just looking for advice because I'm scared to tell any loved ones ..

long story short I been taking painkillers for about 3 years but the past year or so it's gotten concerning to me. at first it was only half of small doses like Perc 5s and generic Vicodin but now it's mostly Perc 30s,... iv always seemed to get high off just a little bit and I started taking them for back pain bcuz of my job "tattooing" and when I say high I don't mean drooling but I feel painless and full of energy... at the moment I'm snorting 15 mgs at a time about 6 times a day (3-4 total pills) I feel like I'm a wicked drug addict at times but read these and see people taking so many at a time... I do have back problems and neck problems that isn't a lie and I feel I do need them , just might be going overboard.. just noticing I'm lazier, my sex drive is down and seems like it takes longer to go pee. idk I'm just wondering if am I really a drug addict or is it ok to do small dosage the way I do ? just don't wanna get out of control and due to my wicked anxiety, I know it sounds bad but I never really have anxiety attacks anymore taking these things. what do I do ? I have gone a few days without and I don't really get sick I just feel uncomfortable and my legs hurt like a b***** . just want some insight. and it sucks bcuz even tho I'm not really high when I'm on them and when I'm tattooing . it feels I'm way more in the zone than with out. I know it sounds bad but I do way better tattoos when on any doseage of oxy.. sorry for the long post I just don't know where to start and the worst part is a new girl is entering my life and I'm waiting to ... you know... with her and worried my male parts won't work right. any suggestions for that too ? feel free to email me and or pleasr respond !!

Help please I'm 36hours into CT codeine withdrawals, I've been diagnosed with pancreatitis and sent to the ER, they've given me morphine and I'm scared this will put me back to square one. Can anybody help me please?

^ Yeah it will reset your wds. But right now relief from your painful condition is the number one priority! Once the condition subsides and you return home, you can use more codeine to taper down. Or if they prescribe you say vicodin, you can use that to taper.

Codeine is one of the weaker opiates out there, so with a proper taper, most wd symptoms should be fairly managable..

There are plenty of threads on taper techniques, but I'll give you a quick rundown;
I don't know what dosages you were taking, but let's just say you were taking 300mg, 4x/day. You would start by taking that dose for 5-7 days, then decreasing your dose by 25% each week. So the next week you would take 225mg 4x/day, then the next week after that, you would take about 170mg 4x/ day... then 130mg 4x/day..Then once you get your dosages under 100mg, you start skipping doses. So by the 5th week, your dose would be 100mg. This is a fairly low dose, it's the equivalent of taking 10mg oxycodone. So instead of going lower, you only take 100mg once or twice a day. In the 6th week you can take 50mg once a day, this dose is fairly easy dose to jump from, but if you want you can take it down to 25mg/day(25mg codeine=2.5mg oxycodone). Now you dont have to stick to this taper plan strictly, you can adjust it accordingly. For instance if you feel like you can cut your doses by say 50%, rather than 25%, that's fine. Or if you want to make it go by a little quicker, you can cut your doses every 2-3 days, instead of waiting a whole weak. Ultimately the slower you go and the lower you can get your dose, the easier your wds will be.

Feel free to start your own thread to get other peoples input, or to track your tapering schedule and to keep us updated!

By the way, Welcome to Bluelight!

Hi I've been addicted to heroin for 2 years now started out snorting been shooting for the last 6 months. I'm looking to detox from heroin in a short period of time using Suboxone and I was looking for a regiment of dosages to help me through my detox and how many milligrams and how many days should I be taking the suboxin before I completely detox

I have to say that I concur with this post. I'm an addict and have been for 13 years. I found a Suboxone DR. And now I'm on Bupenorphine, Adderall,Zyprexa,klonopin and Valium. I'm worse off than ever and I went to this DR for help. I recently dropped the Klonopin and Valium, but I agree. There needs to be a solution for coming off an array of medicines.

I'm new to this but I had to comment your right they sneak up on you and really fast. I've been an addict since 13 and 33 now done everything but iv h and I'm afraid I'm gonna get there if I don't get help. I'm only at 320 mg a day of oxy and I mix with a gram and half of Coke in an hour period. My doc was Coke but I got in legal trouble for it and o eventually stopped it when I was 19 then years later messed up my hip and took two years for them to figure what was wrong with me and just pumped me full of OxyContin, and a new doc was born, that first high I still chase I'm careful but I get scared sometimes because I go over my set amount and now so bad I'm starting to mix with ADHD med along with everything else as well as lyrica when I run out of opiates. I know I can't take them correctly but I can't cancel my monthly prescription no matter how much I tell myself this month your gonna take them right it always fails I pop like 6 as soon as I get them. I no longer take OxyContin I have blues little weaker then the contins but if I take more it's somewhat satisfying, I hide it well and that's why it's so hard to stop it gives me energy because I'm bipolar I guess who knows and I can talk a doc to give me anything so I'm just an addict through and through, I wish I would have never started them. It's never enough i don't even get high anymore even if I stop for like a month, just sad it takes over your life it's like I can't stop my body from going to the bottle of pills even though my head says don't take it your not in pain, I don't want to use h I'm afraid

I'm addicted to coke, I only use around once a month but big binges, out of control, unable to function for a few days. And the guilt and shame afterwards. I am now at the point where I don't want any drugs in my life I just want to be sober (occasional drinks but I am not a big drinker). I keep trying to quit the coke but it's like the drug warps my mind and makes me think I don't have a problem, I can just use a little bit, it's not so bad.... like a virus getting into my thoughts really.

I think I am finally ready to stop. I don't enjoy it any more, really or even get excited about it. I just feel like it won't let me go....if that makes any sense. But whereas before a part of me wanted to stop and another part use, now the stopping part has got bigger and the using part smaller. I feel like it 's time to quit, I am commiting to a year of abstinence as it feels less scary than 'forever'. If I never saw another line again, i'd be happy. I just want out now, It was fun in the beginning but I've realised now that it's just not worth it, the fun times are long gone. any other recovered stimulant addicts out there I'd love to hear how you did it,

I'm addicted to coke, I only use around once a month but big binges, out of control, unable to function for a few days. And the guilt and shame afterwards. I am now at the point where I don't want any drugs in my life I just want to be sober (occasional drinks but I am not a big drinker). I keep trying to quit the coke but it's like the drug warps my mind and makes me think I don't have a problem, I can just use a little bit, it's not so bad.... like a virus getting into my thoughts really.

I think I am finally ready to stop. I don't enjoy it any more, really or even get excited about it. I just feel like it won't let me go....if that makes any sense. But whereas before a part of me wanted to stop and another part use, now the stopping part has got bigger and the using part smaller. I feel like it 's time to quit, I am commiting to a year of abstinence as it feels less scary than 'forever'. If I never saw another line again, i'd be happy. I just want out now, It was fun in the beginning but I've realised now that it's just not worth it, the fun times are long gone. any other recovered stimulant addicts out there I'd love to hear how you did it,

I had a big problem with mdpv for years. Eventually got to the point where I needed to use everyday all day. I remember snorting small amounts every couple of hours... Even in the middle of the night. I'd suddenly wake up not feeling right, snort a tiny line, feel better and go back to sleep. It was like I needed it to function normal.

This went on for a couple years and then suddenly things changed. I could no longer use functionally. My health, both physical and mental, deteriorated fast. Instead of using functionally I was overusing, delusional etc.I needed to quit but felt I couldn't.

Same thing happened to me that is happening to you: the part of me that wanted to quit grew bigger and the part of me that wanted to keep using grew smaller. Eventually I wanted to quit enough that I made it happen.

Even though I decided to quit I still relapsed a bunch of times. Each relapse sucked though and would further reinforce that it was time to quit. I made sure each time I relapsed that it was only momentary relapse.

My first relapse was a week after quitting. Second relapse like two or three weeks later. Next like 2 months later. Then 6 months. Etc. Each time I was sober longer.

Now I've been clean from it roughly a year. I still think about it ALL the time but I know I really don't want to use again. I also know if I use again that I will instantly regret it which helps tremendously in stopping it right away if I do relapse.

You can quit. It's as simple and as hard as just stopping. You have the power to make this happen. Good luck.

I'm new to this but I had to comment your right they sneak up on you and really fast. I've been an addict since 13 and 33 now done everything but iv h and I'm afraid I'm gonna get there if I don't get help. I'm only at 320 mg a day of oxy and I mix with a gram and half of Coke in an hour period. My doc was Coke but I got in legal trouble for it and o eventually stopped it when I was 19 then years later messed up my hip and took two years for them to figure what was wrong with me and just pumped me full of OxyContin, and a new doc was born, that first high I still chase I'm careful but I get scared sometimes because I go over my set amount and now so bad I'm starting to mix with ADHD med along with everything else as well as lyrica when I run out of opiates. I know I can't take them correctly but I can't cancel my monthly prescription no matter how much I tell myself this month your gonna take them right it always fails I pop like 6 as soon as I get them. I no longer take OxyContin I have blues little weaker then the contins but if I take more it's somewhat satisfying, I hide it well and that's why it's so hard to stop it gives me energy because I'm bipolar I guess who knows and I can talk a doc to give me anything so I'm just an addict through and through, I wish I would have never started them. It's never enough i don't even get high anymore even if I stop for like a month, just sad it takes over your life it's like I can't stop my body from going to the bottle of pills even though my head says don't take it your not in pain, I don't want to use h I'm afraid
Try kratom brother. It will be able to replace ur script addiction and u don't really build a tolerance to it because of its alkaloid profile having an opiate antagonist, it regulates its own tolerance. I used it to get off iv h and fentanyl so don't think it's to weak for u, u just needs find good stuff. I can keep my life together on kratom, it's easy I'm functional. I even got totally sober from even kratom for like 5 months but then became an alcoholic which was way worse then kratom so I switched back. It defientely helped me and saved my life, it's like far and away the best opiate maintenance out there because the withdrawals are mild if u do choose to quit unlike methadone or suboxone.

I was addicted to heroin and valium for 18 years I am now 7 years clean and it was the best thing I ever done and it was also the hardest thing iv ever had to go thru in my life it was a fight I fought with everything I had I needed to get my life back I lost everything I had and also my kids u now have and full time job have my kids back in my life my life right now couldn't get any better anyone who is addicted to drugs will know how hard it is to get clean but it was worth every single withdrawal I went thru to get to where I am today and I wouldn't ever go back there for anything no matter how hard my life gets it doesn't even enter my head to go back to drugs that's just not an option for me I just deal with life like any so called normal person don't get me wrong I know I'm an addiction and to stay clean I changed my full life not just getting off the drugs I moved to another place and started my life all over again I luv life now just sad at times for all the years I wasted I am now making ul for that and living my life to the fullest if this helps anyone get clean I don't mind sharing my life story if anyone need help or advice email me I'l help as much as I can and NA was a major part in my getting clean thanks

Can anyone tell me how to post a question on here? I just made this account to post a question and it is impossible. I activated mt account, went to a question that closely (sorta) resembled mine, and there is NOT a "New Thread" option ANYWHERE on the page, let alone the top left underneath the thread name. Please help, sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot, there's a dropdown that goes to "I'm having trouble posting...HELP!" -- and when you click on it it goes to a "404 error" Ugh... This site is not easy to use. Thanks for any help :/

drugs of any kind.my hobby and my devil.i want to get away from them then on the other hand i love them...almost like marriage.:)
in my opinion,it makes sense to quit trying to stop because failure nips at your heels.just accept that is who you are,and be yourself.this way
you will build more self confidence in knowing who are,you will attain more strength because your failures have stopped,and from there
,wage your battle against drugs.ever said to yourelf,"why try?ill just fail again,i cant do it"?accept yourself and embrace your shortcomings not as constant failure but a part of who you are.find out who you are and i think you will b able to beat the devil(drugs).......

Last edited:
Hey guys I'm withdrawing from phenibut and I need some help . It's day four or five and I have one more ambien for tonight. My stomachs been killing me all day and I think I'm getting sick on top of the detox. Today was absolutely awful. The days are slow and painful. Can't concentrate , have conversations , feel pleasure .. I don't even have a libido anymore. I'm going on a cruise with my parents in 8 days and I've been off of it for 5. Am I going to be sleeping and okay for that? I really want quality time with them while I'm clear headed.

If only everyone had the control and was aware that if you want your opiates to be an enjoyable chemical to last a lifetime, you've got to set up a rigid (and infrequent) schedule. Once a week, for instance, would be a good guideline.

Stray from those guidelines and addiction will likely occur.

Another thing that people should be aware of (and that I was not until it happened) is that even if you are considering that an addiction is something you are comfortable with (heh, I had that kind of mentality at first, I just didn't care I guess) the problem is that the euphoria will go away down the road. Then you're really fucked.

-Scariest words I have ever read... "Down the road, the euphoria goes away. Then you're really fucked" that woke me up honestly.... -currently a coke addict. Been on it since I was a freshman in hs. I had control but as I got older and life hit me harder. Coke became a crutch.... Its all I know. I grew up without a family... And the sad truth is.... I only find happiness within drugs... But real shit... This guy is right...in the end...drugs don't take away the pain.... I've had a fucked up life.... And i never realized it til now, but there's others out there that have it worse than me and you.... And they don't have the option to do drugs and postpone the pain... They're forced to deal with it... Maybe that's the problem..... Us "millenials" are so distracted by the future... We never had the chance to learn our roots....

I am addicted to shooting subutex yes I'm percribed and I really want to stop shooting I don't want to go though withdrawals and can't afford to fail a drug test help... also my middle finger is swollen and red I've been taking keflex to help incase it's infected but it's not helping any advice on that as well would be appreciated

Not sure if I did it right the 1st time with asking you question? Did you go on Suboxone by itself? Or were you taking Valium and Klonopin separately?