• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Adderall XR - Why is it making me sleepy?

JudithIscariot

Greenlighter
I've been prescribed 30mg Adderall XR for chronic fatigue. Taking it as prescribed does absolutely nothing. Crushing the beads and taking the proper dose orally does absolutely nothing. Crushing and plugging seems to help a tiny bit, but not much.

Today, I plugged 60mg at 8am and it didn't do a whole lot (though I guess I had a little energy) so I plugged another 30 and took 30 orally (both with beads crushed) at 2pm for a total of 120mg. Rather than being able to clean my apartment as I had hoped, I had to take a nap at 5:30pm!!

I was half expecting my heart to explode, but instead of increasing, it actually decreased slightly (I normally have a high resting heart rate of 110 and it was 90bpm before I took my nap).

Any ideas on why this would happen? Would taking too much cause this? Am I just some sort of medical anomaly or what?

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Dude i popped 80mg instant release yesturday, i layed back down for a second and slept all day woke up pissed. Ive been slamming a lot of ice lately, but still. I definatly should have felt something. Maybe if i hadnt layed down in the first place. Had a cup of coffee and went for a jog or something..who knows i feel your pain tho lol