• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall XR vs IR

Monstercat

Greenlighter
Hello, so I have recently (legally) gotten an adderall script for XR. I am having trouble figuring out if it's worth it to ask for a switch to IR. (I am almost certain my doc would be fine with it) So the questions at hand are:
1. Which version produces a better high
2. What is the best way to take each version (Insuffaltion, Orally (Parachuting or Capsule) Plugging)
3. Which version is better for snorting (insuffaltion)?

Any info would be very appreciated, also one of my first posts so if it should be somewhere else my apologies!

Last edited:
1. same effects for both doesnt matter IR or XR
say you get 30mg addy IR gives you the full dose right away but XR youll get 15mg IR then the rest spread out through the next few hours
2. snort or oral fuck shooting it or plugging
3. IR for snorting you can easily turn a XR into IR

all you have to do is find the right dose

1. Which version produces a better high

Difficult to say, but a lot of people prefer the IR's. Same drug at the end of the day

2. What is the best way to take each version (Insuffaltion, Orally (Parachuting or Capsule) Plugging)

Definitely not insufflation..horrible bioavailability. Oral, parachuting possibly. I just swallow it., or chew.
3. Which version is better for snorting (insuffaltion)?

IR, but the XR's are doable, just takes more effort and MUCH more annoying, unless you've got the proper setup to crush the beads. They are very tiny, and there are a lot of them. Now, the IR's will crush up into blue powder..if you aren't pretty careful with this, you'll end up with half of that shit stuck in your nose membranes, which will undoubtedly leak out of your nose for a while to come.

Yeah, I abuse 40mg of adderall every once and a great while, IR preferred. Insuff just isn't worth it, it works but eh no real rush or anything, and as stated above, obvious drug snot. I eat them most of the time, still kicks nice and the plateau is much more even. If you wanna a little rush though, try plugging, it's almost a different drug for the first two hours.
If you want snortin' drugs, try Ritalin.
If you wanna treat your ADHD, listen to your doctor, not me.